soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 25
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Detroit Soul had a regional hit with "All Of My Life" produced by Ken Griffin on Music Town records, in the summer of 1967.

It was recorded at Wallingford's Syncron (sp) Studio. The "Detroit Soul" was a regular at the Good Guys All Family Outings at Riverside Park and won all of the Battle Of The Band competitions, including one over Al Anderson's Wild Weeds (No Good To Cry etc.).

Bob Mazzarella (pictured centre) is now a local Conneticut Radio DJ (and has been since the 70's).

'Proper' issues are Yellow with Black Type. It was Booted on a Music Town Repro (Orange not Yellow) with Detroit Executives "Cool Off" on the flip!

Sean

Social source share

The Detroit Soul had a regional hit with "All Of My Life" produced by Ken Griffin on Music Town records, in the summer of 1967.

It was recorded at Wallingford's Syncron (sp) Studio. The "Detroit Soul" was a regular at the Good Guys All Family Outings at Riverside Park and won all of the Battle Of The Band competitions, including one over Al Anderson's Wild Weeds (No Good To Cry etc.).

Bob Mazzarella (pictured centre) is now a local Conneticut Radio DJ (and has been since the 70's).

'Proper' issues are Yellow with Black Type. It was Booted on a Music Town Repro (Orange not Yellow) with Detroit Executives "Cool Off" on the flip!

Sean

Also booted on a very good looking Yellow & Black label, originals have a Frankford & Wayne stamp in the deadwax.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Here we go!

:D

Sean

Brillant photo.

The one third from the right looks like he should be in the Happy Mondays. The two far right are the original blues brothers and the one far left is a young Liberace, and he is the only one who enjoys dressing like that by the look of things...

Was Bob Mazzarella the lead singer?

Social source share

Brillant photo.

The one third from the right looks like he should be in the Happy Mondays. The two far right are the original blues brothers and the one far left is a young Liberace, and he is the only one who enjoys dressing like that by the look of things...

Was Bob Mazzarella the lead singer?

I believe so Matt.

Great descriptions of the line up mate!

:D

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Pete,give Joe a ring he will get you another copy.........

Yea i will give him a go if i get know joy off here mate.

Social source share

Guest mikew4

Sean

My mate lives in Wallingford Conneticut. It's the sort of place you would never go to unless it was absolutely necessary. 'One horse....' comes to mind. Can't believe this record was made there!

Mike.

Social source share

My mate lives in Wallingford Conneticut. It's the sort of place you would never go to unless it was absolutely necessary. 'One horse....' comes to mind. Can't believe this record was made there!

Mike.

Well it was....and they did.

I guess, some would say, cutting "All Of My Life" was 'absolutely necessary'.

:lol:

If it helps, Synchron Studios later became Trod Nossell Studios.

The Wildweeds "No Good To Cry" was also recorded there and Ben E King, Fleetwood Mac, Felix Cavaliere, Taj Mahal, Steppenwolf, Andrew Loog Oldham etc all used the studio over the years.

:)

Sean

Social source share

Guest mikew4

Mike.

Well it was....and they did.

I guess, some would say, cutting "All Of My Life" was 'absolutely necessary'.

If it helps, Synchron Studios later became Trod Nossell Studios.

The Wildweeds "No Good To Cry" was also recorded there and Ben E King, Fleetwood Mac, Felix Cavaliere, Taj Mahal, Steppenwolf, Andrew Loog Oldham etc all used the studio over the years.

:)

Sean

Marvellous.

Just been told that JFK when to school there as well.

Must be something in the water.

Mike.

Social source share