• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

I came to your event with my cousin John whos is on holiday for Australia

We had a fantastic time and I echo all the comments about how good the night was.

Top music , top people and top event

Well done mate i will cetainly be coming to the next one

Andy

Thanks Andy, glad you enjoyed it, Johnny seemed to be dancing a far bit. He's only here for a while, so we had to show him a good time.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

Had a corking night. Music great, the venue is superb and a great crowd (even the bar staff were up for the crack!) I will definitely be back for the next.

Thanks,

Rob.

Afternoon Rob.

Good to see you and Terry there, for the first time. Thanks for the drill cane mate, EXCELLENT. You got your Mel Torme played mate.

It was like an RE convention at one point.

Regards mate.

Kev.

did we get to meet rob or did you avoid me like most of the others?

Sorry Moldie, did'nt meet you as I spent most of the night trying to avoid you!! :D Now I have seen your pic and sussed who you are it turns out that we were not that far away as I stood next to the record bar beside the piano most of the night with that up and coming "superstar DJ" John McClure!

I will ensure that I introduce myself the next time we are at the same venue.

Catch you later mate,

Rob.

Guest kev such

Hi Kev and Karen,

Sorry that we were not at this one but as you know we were down in Crewe for the Birthday boy, reading though the comments sounded like another great nite.

We will be at the October venue along with all the Jacob's family.

Kev and Big sis.

Afternoon Big Sis and Kev (mr disco 1974).

Must admit we missed the regulars of the Jacobs family, but if we hadn't clashed with Brav, me and Karen would have been in Crewe with you.

Did turn out to be a Cracker of a night and i hope everyone went home Cream Crackered.

Dont want to wish my life away, but we cant wait till our 40th bash either.

Take care and see you both soon.

Kev. (dont do modern)

Sorry Moldie, did'nt meet you as I spent most of the night trying to avoid you!! :huh: ..most people do..they feel overawed by my presence :D

Now I have seen your pic and sussed who you are it turns out that we were not that far away as I stood next to the record bar beside the piano most of the night with that up and coming "superstar DJ" John McClure!...less then ten feet away then

I will ensure that I introduce myself the next time we are at the same venue...top man

Catch you later mate,

Rob.

moldie

The first picture is of Jem coming to tell me that my taxi had arrived.When i'd just started my set. :huh:

i thought it was jemco asking if that was the "your banned from soul source switch" :D

wild horses wouldnt have dragged you away from those decks..chris and i were hovering from 11.15 but you wouldnt take the hint..nice set though kev..ill sort a date for lightwater and farnborough town soul club

moldie

Guest kev such

this was our first trip up to the cream cracker soul club..it definately wont be our last

extra warm welcome from kev and the crew..how nice that is...lots of banter and a real good laugh

after setting up the decks and a couple of drinks we tested the equipment and played a few tunes each...

john mc joined us with his g/f jen..what a great cpl they are...a few more laughs and tunes and its was time for lunch

kev had booked us into a great b&b five mins from the venue...cheers kev,the cells were full that night mate

after lunch..a kip and a hot shower it was back to the venue at around 7.15 so a few more tunes and by this time people were outside waiting to come in, thats because you'd told them it was free food for the homeless.

mark d was first up and did a great warm up set and manage to get a few up on the floor which was great,he never fails as warm up man mate.

john mcclure followed and this man played some great tunes and the rest of his box was just as good as those he played

next up was jemco..top man and all round entertainer..thanks for sorting the decks out mate..the floor was filling by now and everone was having a great time

andy pollard was next up and after all the chat in events about RNB he didnt dissappoint..a real mixed bag from andy had the floor rammed..top man and a real joker

next up was the man himself..kev..no modern.. such as hes known ...now a lot is said about ppl saying..great man..friendly..etc but this should really be reserved for kev..in fact it was like meeting myself for the first time.lolol, the cheques on its way Moldie, but you said you wouldn't put that up until you'd received the money. :D

great tunes from kev as you can see by his playlist ensured chris and i had an easier time when we went on at midnight..

after the lost keys scare and a hammer we were on and we had decided to play a bit of everything

i think we worked well together and seemed to have the floor full for the whole hour we were on.

big thanks to kev and his delectable mrs and everyone else that made it a great night for chris and i...

also like to thanks the 12 or so soulies that made the trip up from the farnborough are to support us..including..bluebill and wife..minime and angela..mr t, top form to your groupies for making the trip up. thankfully no underwear was thrown at the stage.

great to meet the loverly del and steve brown and how nice to see winnie out again, 2nd that, was good to see Winnie at the Cracker.

had a great time at the bnb too with kev kent and his mrs in fine form at breakfast.

already looking fwd to the next one, glad you both felt at ease and welcomed mate, thats all we try to do at The Cracker, is have fun.

pictures and playlist to follow

moldie

Guest kid mohair

What a great night, yes i did play a mix bag didn't want to give out to much rnb as it was a main room and 1 hour of it might of been a bit much , good to meet Chris and moldie top blokes with fine tunes, oh and mouldie gave me a record thanks for that mate, i would recommend this event to anyone that has not been yet, Kev who promotes this do is a good bloke he just wants people to go home happy or in his words CREAM CRACKERED........i think you got what ya wanted, where did the time go :D we was up the next morning 6.30 at a boot sale :boxing: I'm actually cream crackered now.. :lol: well done Kev keep it going its the punters that count.......Andy.

Edited by kid mohair
Guest kid mohair

Oh yeah i almost forgot, note to Mr Pollard, you cant stamp on a wooden hollow stage while my copy of Roy Hamilton is playing, the record tends to jump. Just messing mate, i played it this morning and its fine, it wouldnt have been so bad if it hadn't cost me £200 and it was a £40 issue.

OH yeah i forgot about that soz what was i thinking :boxing: bloody great photos by the way......... :lol: jesus :D

Guest kev such

Well done then Kev. Sounds like another great night there. Just as I thought it would be. Had a good night at Brav's 50th. See you soon.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Hello Charlie, how are you and Tabs? Recovered from Saturday evening yet mate?

It was a good night, and from what i heard from Brav it sounded like the night in Crewe was a Cracker as well.

Looking forward to you and Tabs doing a spot at mine and Karens 40th bash in October.

See you soon mate.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

Hi Kev,

We cannot wait for the 40th bash, always like your venue so many freindly people attend and some great music what more could you ask for. Will be trying to get a few from up North, i know Brav is coming and of course the Jacob's will be there.

See you soon give my love to Karen.

Kev (Northerner) :lol:

Hello Kev.

After this last Cream Cracker we are well looking forward to our 40th Birthday bash. Would be great if you could get some of the Northward gang to come along aswell.

Glad you had a great time at Brav's, but then again we knew you all would.

I will give your love to Karen, but only in small doses.

See you and big sis soon mate.

Regards

Kev.

Hello Charlie, how are you and Tabs? Recovered from Saturday evening yet mate?

It was a good night, and from what i heard from Brav it sounded like the night in Crewe was a Cracker as well.

Looking forward to you and Tabs doing a spot at mine and Karens 40th bash in October.

See you soon mate.

Regards

Kev.

Just about recovered.

After Brav's party carried on drinking in the hotel with Gloria, Kev, Charlie and others.

With hindsight not a good idea :lol: .

But a superb night all round.

Best to you and Karen and hope to see you before October.

Cheers

Tabs

Guest rebecca.

Hi kev and karen

what a fantastic night, my legs were hurting from so much dancing. It was Julie's first time at Cracker and she enjoyed it as much as i did. I noticed i don't have

to wait until March for the next one!!

Rebecca x

Guest kev such

Hi kev and karen

what a fantastic night, my legs were hurting from so much dancing. It was Julie's first time at Cracker and she enjoyed it as much as i did. I noticed i don't have

to wait until March for the next one!!

Rebecca x

Evening Rebecca.

I noticed you and Julie were up and dancing quite a bit. You should have got Mark to give you a foot massage when you got home, works for Karen.

Well as people were asking when the next one is, i decided to do a Christmas Cream Cracker on the 8th of December. All proceeds to a kiddies charity.

So hopefully you can come along to that aswell as the 13th of October.

Karen said to say see you and Mark Saturday night at Stompers.

Kev.

Guest rebecca.

Evening Rebecca.

I noticed you and Julie were up and dancing quite a bit. You should have got Mark to give you a foot massage when you got home, works for Karen.

Well as people were asking when the next one is, i decided to do a Christmas Cream Cracker on the 8th of December. All proceeds to a kiddies charity.

So hopefully you can come along to that aswell as the 13th of October.

Karen said to say see you and Mark Saturday night at Stompers.

Kev.

I was pleased to see you have added an extra date, of course i shall be coming even if i have to leave the kids on their own!! all donations welcome to the Baines kiddie disneyland fund!

Rebecca.

yet another good night , good crowd good company and nice music . well done to everbody on the night , lookin forward to kev and karens joint 40 th northern bash .

keep up the good work .

nige

hi nige

send me your address and ill post you one of the cds i was giving out on sat night

regards moldie

Guest bluebill

Travelled up from Farnborough Sat night, got to say one the best nights we've had in a lon time, Friendly crowd, good dance floor and superb music all night.

We will definately be back.

Travelled up from Farnborough Sat night, got to say one the best nights we've had in a lon time, Friendly crowd, good dance floor and superb music all night.

totally agree paul..it was great to see you and lorraine and all the others..nice to have support that far from home

see you soon

regards moldie and chris

Guest kev such

I was pleased to see you have added an extra date, of course i shall be coming even if i have to leave the kids on their own!! all donations welcome to the Baines kiddie disneyland fund!

Rebecca.

How much do you need? Are you going to get Mark to build you one in the back garden?

Kev.

Guest kev such

Thanks for taking the time to travel up from Farnborough, Paul, dont think we met unfortunately. We do try to please and play for the crowd mate, and hopefully we get it right. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.Have you played the CD yet? Thanks again.

Kev.

Guest kev such

yet another good night , good crowd good company and nice music . well done to everbody on the night , lookin forward to kev and karens joint 40 th northern bash .

keep up the good work .

nige

Top form Nidge. Great to see you there Saturday night mate, wouldn't be the same without the crazy gang. Shame Steve couldn't make it. Fancy telling me he'd gone to see Tommy Hunt. I'll get you back mate.

Thanks for the smokes this afternoon.

I'll see you Saturday evening at Stompers mate.

Am already sorting my playlist out for our 40th.

Kev.

Guest kev such

i thought it was jemco asking if that was the "your banned from soul source switch" :thumbsup:

wild horses wouldnt have dragged you away from those decks..chris and i were hovering from 11.15 but you wouldnt take the hint..nice set though kev..ill sort a date for lightwater and farnborough town soul club

moldie

Moldie.

Who do think it was that locked your record box keys inside? :unsure: I didnt like that hammer and i loosened the head hoping you wouldn't get into it. laugh.gif

Kev

Guest bluebill

Thanks for taking the time to travel up from Farnborough, Paul, dont think we met unfortunately. We do try to please and play for the crowd mate, and hopefully we get it right. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.Have you played the CD yet? Thanks again.

Kev.

Kev,

we did meet you took mine and betters half's photo, played cd all way home, wifes now pinched it,will def try to get to next one.

Paul

Just logged on , I had a brilliant night and so did my sisters great music and great soulies all just out to dance till they drop thanks so much to all John

Thanks Andy, glad you enjoyed it, Johnny seemed to be dancing a far bit. He's only here for a while, so we had to show him a good time.

Regards

Kev.

Guest rebecca.

Hello Sis! :lol: Didn't know you were on here! xx

Hello Bro, :lol: well i'm always on here; so i thought i might as well become a member and have some input. xx

Guest kev such

Kev,

we did meet you took mine and betters half's photo, played cd all way home, wifes now pinched it,will def try to get to next one.

Paul

Now that Moldie has put up the picture, i remember now Paul. Sorry about that, there were quite a few new faces at The Cream Cracker Saturday evening, it was hard to remember all the names. I'm glad that you came up, and sorry to hear that your better half has pinched your CD. I will try to run a few more off and have them handy, in case anyone wants one.

Be great if you could make it up to the next one.

Regards mate.

Kev.

Now that Moldie has put up the picture, i remember now Paul. Sorry about that, there were quite a few new faces at The Cream Cracker Saturday evening, it was hard to remember all the names. I'm glad that you came up, and sorry to hear that your better half has pinched your CD. I will try to run a few more off and have them handy, in case anyone wants one.

Be great if you could make it up to the next one.

Regards mate.

Kev.

hi kev

paul and lorraine were part of the farnborough posse..it was great to have some local faces there..ill rally the troops for the christmas cracker..see if i can get a few more up from our end

regards moldie

Count me in on that one, you and Chris playing again Moldie

Terry

hi terry

yes chris and i are playing..might even try to sort a mini bus out depending on numbers

ill be in touch

great to see you on sat night

youshould have come back to the bnb

moldie

Guest outonthefloor

We wil defo be up for the christmas one, looks like we missed a crackin night (Pardon the pun!)

As this is a busy time of year could we block book a few rooms in the B&B for travellers (not the Bearsy kind you understand!) :thumbsup:

Can someone PM me the address for the B&B if not, I like to be organised!!

In me diary and looking forward to it already with me fav DJs already confirmed it´s gonna be a real christmas Cracker (Maybe everyone should get a bad joke, silly hat and a plastic toy at the door!)

Helen

XXXXXX

Guest kev such

We wil defo be up for the christmas one, looks like we missed a crackin night (Pardon the pun!)

As this is a busy time of year could we block book a few rooms in the B&B for travellers (not the Bearsy kind you understand!) :thumbsup:

Can someone PM me the address for the B&B if not, I like to be organised!!

In me diary and looking forward to it already with me fav DJs already confirmed it´s gonna be a real christmas Cracker (Maybe everyone should get a bad joke, silly hat and a plastic toy at the door!)

Helen

XXXXXX

Morning Helen.

I have PM'd you regarding B+B's. Was a good night and hopefully the Christmas Cream Cracker will be too.

Top man Brav has arranged for Keith Millshull to come down and do a spot at the Chrimbo bash. So thats good news.

So with Moldie and Chris playing, and the local guys too, it looks like musically we'll have no problems.

Good idea regarding hats etc.. I will look into getting some Crackers (not Cream) for the night. However as i'm going to cover the costs because the money raised is all going to charity, they may have to be right tacky ones.

Regards

Kev.

Guest terryc

Regards

Kev.

Guest terryc

Afternoon Rob.

Good to see you and Terry there, for the first time. Thanks for the drill cane mate, EXCELLENT. You got your Mel Torme played mate.

It was like an RE convention at one point.

Regards mate.

Kev.

Hello Kev,

A bit of a delayed post, but just a quickie to say excellent do and really enjoyed a greay evening. Missed John Mc's spot but rest was excellent. Oh and remeber, there were ex RA members present!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you next time.

TC

Guest kev such

Hello Kev,

A bit of a delayed post, but just a quickie to say excellent do and really enjoyed a greay evening. Missed John Mc's spot but rest was excellent. Oh and remeber, there were ex RA members present!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you next time.

TC

Your welcome Terry. was glad you came over, i think it was the first one you and Rob had been to.

Sorry mate, didn't realise that ex RA were there, but then again i've never met anyone from the RA as they are usually at the back, about 35 miles at the back. Remember mate, you lot only come up the front to take a photo of what you've heard about on the radio. Haha!!!!!!!!

See you soon mate.

Kev.