Sitting In The Park 8-12-2007

boba

Here is a current mp3 and playlist for my radio show (8-12-2007). If you're finding this for the first time, I've been posting all my other shows recently and you can find other ones by searching for my other posts. Thanks for your interest.

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/8-12-2007.mp3

Vontastics - You can work it out - St. Lawrence

Tony Amaro + the Chariots - Hay baby - Loma

Volumes - Maintain your cool - Twirl

Artistics - Got to get my hands on some loving - Okeh (request)

Attractions - Time goes by so slowly - De-to

Johnny and the Expressions - Shy Girl - Josie

Three Jades - I care for you - Maurci

Flairs - I want you - Southtown

Coronadas - You can do me some good - Bright Star

Specials - You stood me up - Satch

Doc and Sal - Laughing to keep from crying - Dynamic

Arthur Alexander - I need you baby - Monument

Jerri and Joe - Cold cold love - Womar

Gene and Eddie - Darling I love you - Ru-jac

Harry and Vee Vee - Without your lovin' - Sin

Esquires - Girls in the City - Lamar (request)

Richard Dimples Fields - You're sweeter than sweet - That richfield kat

Superbs - One Bad Habit - Dore

Friday's Child - As I sit here - Dore

Ambers - Now I'm in trouble - Verve

Benny Johnson and the Soul Serenaders - What would you do? - Tarx

Jimme Bell and the Kool Klux Band - Love me in the morning - Tere-z-ta

Mighty Generation - For all the beautiful things you do - B-E-R

Joneses - Baby there is nothing you can do - Spring

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here is a current mp3 and playlist for my radio show (8-12-2007). If you're finding this for the first time, I've been posting all my other shows recently and you can find other ones by searching for my other posts. Thanks for your interest.

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/8-12-2007.mp3

Vontastics - You can work it out - St. Lawrence

Tony Amaro + the Chariots - Hay baby - Loma

Volumes - Maintain your cool - Twirl

Artistics - Got to get my hands on some loving - Okeh (request)

Attractions - Time goes by so slowly - De-to

Johnny and the Expressions - Shy Girl - Josie

Three Jades - I care for you - Maurci

Flairs - I want you - Southtown

Coronadas - You can do me some good - Bright Star

Specials - You stood me up - Satch

Doc and Sal - Laughing to keep from crying - Dynamic

Arthur Alexander - I need you baby - Monument

Jerri and Joe - Cold cold love - Womar

Gene and Eddie - Darling I love you - Ru-jac

Harry and Vee Vee - Without your lovin' - Sin

Esquires - Girls in the City - Lamar (request)

Richard Dimples Fields - You're sweeter than sweet - That richfield kat

Superbs - One Bad Habit - Dore

Friday's Child - As I sit here - Dore

Ambers - Now I'm in trouble - Verve

Benny Johnson and the Soul Serenaders - What would you do? - Tarx

Jimme Bell and the Kool Klux Band - Love me in the morning - Tere-z-ta

Mighty Generation - For all the beautiful things you do - B-E-R

Joneses - Baby there is nothing you can do - Spring

GREAT SHOW BOB LOVED THE FLAIRS :D
Social source share

GREAT SHOW BOB LOVED THE FLAIRS :D

It's funny, I had talked to two of the members and they told me that they had an earlier record on a yellow label and gave the titles, but I never found it until recently. I lost contact with both members (I think one of the guys actually passed away since I talked to him and the other guy's wife changed his phone number the next day after I talked to him!). I think that the group has common members with Velvet on Perception / Lovelite but I'm not currently in contact with any of the guys to confirm. The flip of the southtown 45 is a nice ballad which I'll play in the future. Thanks.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Hi Bob..fantastic choice of 45s...listening now...must say its maintained my cool thanx..nice to hear your selection of 45s ..it blows a breath of fresh air across me old ears..hey bob have you any plans to invite some of the Curtom artists ie Leroy Hutson...Impressions...Gene Chandler...Mayfield Singers...the list is endless..and ofcourse if these artists still live in Chicago.I was talking to Lou Pride a few years back and he said that working with Curtis and the label was great, and should be documented etc..I know there is breif articles printed about Curtom and its opperation ie in Chicago Soul.. by Robert Pruter and many Magazines published here in the Uk but dont find much about the artist and their stories. Thanx again Bob for the great show and ofcourse the artists which is great to hear them talk about the past in the recording industry..well done again and best of luck for the future...Graham

Ps the Flares and the Coronadas is great.

Social source share

Hi Bob..fantastic choice of 45s...listening now...must say its maintained my cool thanx..nice to hear your selection of 45s ..it blows a breath of fresh air across me old ears..hey bob have you any plans to invite some of the Curtom artists ie Leroy Hutson...Impressions...Gene Chandler...Mayfield Singers...the list is endless..and ofcourse if these artists still live in Chicago.I was talking to Lou Pride a few years back and he said that working with Curtis and the label was great, and should be documented etc..I know there is breif articles printed about Curtom and its opperation ie in Chicago Soul.. by Robert Pruter and many Magazines published here in the Uk but dont find much about the artist and their stories. Thanx again Bob for the great show and ofcourse the artists which is great to hear them talk about the past in the recording industry..well done again and best of luck for the future...Graham

Ps the Flares and the Coronadas is great.

The impressions would be like a holy grail interview for me, I'd love to do it eventually. Reggie Torian, who currently sings with the impressions and who sang with them in the early 70s (he also sang with the Enchanters on Golden Ear), lives in Chicago now but Sam and Fred don't.

The coronadas is a cheap record, it also got released as by the classmates, same recording. You should be able to get it easily. Thanks.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Fingers crossed for the Impressions interview then..you never know they could be together again in Chicago in the future so you could get that elusive interview with them..listened too the Mps you posted and must say that as i get older my taste in soul slows down, like you i find the sweet soul more easier on the ear's than the fast and furious records i listened to and danced to whe me was younger.. will be listenin in to the next show Boba.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!