Ebay Gone Mad

Bigsoulman

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

JUST WHO IS THE BOZO WHO PAID £360 FOR RUBY ANDREWS--JUST LOVING YOU ON EBAY LAST NIGHT?, YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR TINY MIND TO PAY THAT KIND OF MONEY FOR SUCH A FLOGGED TO DEATH TUNE! :)

link

==============================================

Got to agree £360 is a lot but like the sayin goes a record is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.Anyone want mine @ £359.99 :shades:

Flogged to death :) maybe but still a awesome soulful sound which

sounds as good as ever and still fills the dancefloor whenever it gets played !

Social source share

==============================================

Got to agree £360 is a lot but like the sayin goes a record is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.Anyone want mine @ £359.99  :thumbsup:

Flogged to death  :)   maybe but still a awesome soulful sound which

sounds as good as ever and still fills the dancefloor whenever it gets played !

link

MOST DEFINATLY A GREAT RECORD BUT WHEN GREAT TUNES LIKE ACE SPECTRUM ACTUALLY START COMING DOWN IN PRICE IT MAKES ME WORRY ABOUT FUTURE PRICING

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

BUT WHEN GREAT TUNES LIKE ACE SPECTRUM ACTUALLY START COMING DOWN IN PRICE IT MAKES ME WORRY ABOUT FUTURE PRICING

link

Ace Spectrum (whilst a nice record) has never been a rare record - just a temporarily 'in-demand' item because of (mainly) dancefloor reaction. Its value at c£150 was never really justified and certainly not sustainable. Market forces pushed it up in value, the same will bring it down in value and ensure that it levels at its true worth (in rarity terms) at around £20.

I wouldn't see the movement in the value of Ace Spectrum as any barometer of rare soul record future values.

Brian

Social source share

Ace Spectrum (whilst a nice record) has never been a rare record - just a temporarily 'in-demand' item because of (mainly) dancefloor reaction.  Its value at c£150 was never really justified and certainly not sustainable.  Market forces pushed it up in value, the same will bring it down in value and ensure that it levels at its true worth (in rarity terms) at around £20.

I wouldn't see the movement in the value of Ace Spectrum as any barometer of rare   soul record future values.

Brian

link

I TAKE YOUR POINT BRIAN BUT WHAT I'M HITTING ON IS RECORDS ON THE SAME LABEL SUCH AS PHILLIP MITCHELL (WHICH IS STILL GOING THROUGH THE ROOF PRICEWISE) AND BETTYE SWANN STILL REMAIN A HIGH PRICE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF COPIES OF THESE RECORDS AROUND COMING FROM ONE OF THE BIGGEST LABELS IN THE WORLD SO WHY NOT LOWER THE PRICE OF THESE TWO?, IF IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF RECORD ACE SPECTRUM WINS IT HANDS DOWN, IS THIS DELIBERATE PRICE FIXING BY BIG DEALERS?

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

I TAKE YOUR POINT BRIAN BUT WHAT I'M HITTING ON IS RECORDS ON THE SAME LABEL SUCH AS PHILLIP MITCHELL (WHICH IS STILL GOING THROUGH THE ROOF PRICEWISE) AND BETTYE SWANN STILL REMAIN A HIGH PRICE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF COPIES OF THESE RECORDS AROUND COMING FROM ONE OF THE BIGGEST LABELS IN THE WORLD SO WHY NOT LOWER THE PRICE OF THESE TWO?, IF IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF RECORD ACE SPECTRUM WINS IT HANDS DOWN, IS THIS DELIBERATE PRICE FIXING BY BIG DEALERS?

link

I think that there are far fewer Phillip Mitchells than there are Ace Spectrums, despite it being an Atlantic release. Bettye Swan is probably only marginally fewer in numbers than Ace Spectrum and will probably therefore retain a slight price advantage - once demand eases.

I don't think it is the work of any big dealer as most of these records sell via eBay where market forces are at their most active and obvious.

Brian

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

I think that there are far  fewer Phillip Mitchells than there are Ace Spectrums, despite it being an Atlantic release.  Bettye Swan is probably only marginally fewer in numbers than Ace Spectrum and will probably therefore retain a slight price advantage - once demand eases.

I don't think it is the work of any big dealer as most of these records sell via eBay where market forces are at their most active and obvious.

Brian

link

CAN'T SEE HOW MITCHELLS RECORD IS FEWER, I SAW ABOUT A HUNDRED IN KEV ROBERTS STALL AT WHITBY!!

Social source share

CAN'T SEE HOW MITCHELLS RECORD IS FEWER, I SAW ABOUT A HUNDRED IN KEV ROBERTS STALL AT WHITBY!!

link

Those are reissues!

I've only had 3 copies of Mitchell in the last 6 years.

The first one I sold for £30 as I didn't think it was rare.

I sold the last one for £120 but only had one caller for it.

Social source share

will be less than £50 in a few months time and will still be overpriced and overplayed .

link

Headsy....while I would like to agree, I feel you are wrong. This is the most requested Radio Song ever. When they crossover to the pop side, prices invariably rocket.

Popularity drives up prices big time. The fact is, its rarer than Ace Spectrum.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Headsy....while I would like to agree, I feel you are wrong. This is the most requested Radio Song ever. When they crossover to the pop side, prices invariably rocket.

Popularity drives up prices big time. The fact is, its rarer than Ace Spectrum.

link

personally i'm sick to death hearing the bloody thing

Davie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!