Andy Newbold From Hull

Guest Malc Burton

ANDY NEWBOLD from Hull .......

I am looking to make contact with the above named gentlemen , in respect of a Rotherham Windmill reunion that I am planning to stage next year .

Andy , as stated , hailed - possible still does come from - from Hull , and was an ex- RAF chap ( hence the nickname we gave him of " Biggles " ) , into ice - hockey , and sported a rather dashing moustache .

Andy was one of the DJs at the renowned Windmill Sunday night sessions that Bill Payne and I ran in the early 1980s , along with Sean Hampsey , Payney and myself .

If anyone does know of his whereabouts and have either a telephone mumber or e-mail address , please contact me on burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk .

Many thanks

Malc Burton

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ONE OF OUR AIRCRAFT IS MISSING!

Come on. Somebody on here must recognise him!

I found a website that he'd done, Malc, a few years ago with clips of his fave records, Bobby Hutton "Lend A Hand" etc.

So he's out there... somewhere!

Chocs away!

:thumbsup:

Sean

A reward of 10/- has been offered by Bill Payne for information as to Andy " Biggles " Newbold's whereabouts ......

Come iin Andy , we know you are out there somewhere in the blue yonder .....

Off on a tangent , but related .....

Biggles ( not Andy Newbold ) first appeared in the magazine " Popular Flying " in 1932 , featuring in the story " The White Fokker " ......

The rarest Biggles book is " Biggles Flies Undone " ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Andy Newbold

Bugger Me!

OMG I'm almost famous! (in my own imagination that is) :P

Well Malc & Sean dam fine to hear from you .. I spoke to Paynie a couple of months ago and was asking after you both, I did try and make it to the Corner Pocket for a certain "old buggers" birthday bash but alass could not make it :D saw Reg about 18 months ago when I went but not managed to get since.

A Windmill reunion eh! Do you think Rotherham could stand it? I'm willing to assist but I'll have to draw the line at pole dancing and the stripping before the soul night is right out. So PM me and we can exchange email & phone etc.

Biggles :(

Social source share

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Welcome aboard Andy.

Hope you're well old chum.

It's only been 27 years... What you been up to?

:(

Will be good to get us all behind the decks again at Rotherham.

Need to get a date Malc, preferably in the not too distant future (a couple of us might not make it another 12 months) :D .

:no:

Sean

Social source share

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

Welcome aboard Andy.

Hope you're well old chum.

It's only been 27 years... What you been up to?

:(

Will be good to get us all behind the decks again at Rotherham.

Need to get a date Malc, preferably in the not too distant future (a couple of us might not make it another 12 months) :D .

:no:

Sean

So as a result of this successful search in finding Andy " Biggles " Newbold .....

COMING IN EARLY 2008

THE ROTHERHAM WINDMILL REUNION

Featuring

THE FOUR ARSE MEN OF THE PUCKER LIPS

SEAN HAMPSEY - BILL PAYNE - ANDY NEWBOLD - MALC BURTON

Info : malcburton@yahoo.co.uk

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Andy Newbold

Need to get a date Malc, preferably in the not too distant future (a couple of us might not make it another 12 months) :lol: .

:thumbsup:

Sean

Must be talking about You and Paynie Malc I'm still young and handsome. :lol:

What have I been upto ... How long have you got.. A brief run down.. Left RAF.. Work for Police, played American Football (crunch...ouch!) Got Married had 2 kids... Played Ice Hockey :yes: (crunch... :huh: Ouch! groan)

Kids now 11 & 12 (both girls.. wallet opens... ouch! sigh!) Now IT system admin.

Social source share

Must be talking about You and Paynie Malc I'm still young and handsome. :lol:

What have I been upto ... How long have you got.. A brief run down.. Left RAF.. Work for Police, played American Football (crunch...ouch!) Got Married had 2 kids... Played Ice Hockey :thumbsup: (crunch... :D Ouch! groan)

Kids now 11 & 12 (both girls.. wallet opens... ouch! sigh!) Now IT system admin.

Welcome back to base young Biggles , and sincere thanks for the phone call and great chat last night .....

It was like we last talked last Sunday , not 25 years ago .....

It showed that good friendships endure time .....

As stated , now that the " Fab Four " are reunited , I can get on with organising the Rotherham Windmill Reunion for early next year * .....

I am sad that you no longer sport that dashing moustache you had ...... :ohmy:

( * I will set a suitable date so it gives Payney enough time to save up for a round ....... :P )

Malc Burton

Social source share

In the film will Denis Waterman, Renee (from Allo, Allo) or Jimmy Cricket play my Dad?

I like it .....

When the movie moguls make the film of " The Windmill " , AKA " How to get a round of drinks for a £1 and have change " , the casting in the role of Bill Payne , will definately go to Jimmy Cricket .....

As to the other roles , Sacha Baron Cohen as " Borat " will play me , Johnny Depp will be Sean Hampsey , and Barry Chuckle will play Andy " Biggles " Newbold .....

Reports that Robbie Coltrane in his Harry Potter " Hagrid " role , will play a certain character , cannot be confirmed ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

I like it .....

When the movie moguls make the film of " The Windmill " , AKA " How to get a round of drinks for a £1 and have change " , the casting in the role of Bill Payne , will definately go to Jimmy Cricket .....

As to the other roles , Sacha Baron Cohen as " Borat " will play me , Johnny Depp will be Sean Hampsey , and Barry Chuckle will play Andy " Biggles " Newbold .....

Reports that Robbie Coltrane in his Harry Potter " Hagrid " role , will play a certain character , cannot be confirmed ......

Malc Burton

News just in .....

Hollywood are to make " The Bill Haley Story " ......

Rumours abound that Bill Payne is up for the lead role .....

Malc Burton

post-5097-1188399403.jpg

Social source share

Guest PayneyJnr

If Coltrane turns it down, though his scottish roots would make him ideal as avoiding rounds would come naturally to him, the Hollywood big-wigs have sanctioned a long overdue return for Bigfoot - heartlessly discarded since the successfull Bigfoot and the Henderson series. Sources close to the 7ft giant say he's hoping to land the role providing the pinstripe suit trousers and baseball sneekers can be found in his size but admits concerns about being typecast as a hairy monster with food in his beard.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

ANDY NEWBOLD from Hull .......

I am looking to make contact with the above named gentlemen , in respect of a Rotherham Windmill reunion that I am planning to stage next year .

Andy , as stated , hailed - possible still does come from - from Hull , and was an ex- RAF chap ( hence the nickname we gave him of " Biggles " ) , into ice - hockey , and sported a rather dashing moustache .

Andy was one of the DJs at the renowned Windmill Sunday night sessions that Bill Payne and I ran in the early 1980s , along with Sean Hampsey , Payney and myself .

If anyone does know of his whereabouts and have either a telephone mumber or e-mail address , please contact me on burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk .

Many thanks

Malc Burton

Social source share

any chance of an invite marra for your old m8 from the raf am working at york at the mo was at an old haunt 2wk ago kgb its tom in case your mem has gone with your tache

Social source share

any chance of an invite marra for your old m8 from the raf am working at york at the mo was at an old haunt 2wk ago kgb its tom in case your mem has gone with your tache

Another old bugger surfaces via Soul Source ......

Certainly you can have an invite ; I spoke yesterday to the owners of The Windmill , who have given me a list of available dates for early 2008 , so I will announce the date for t'reunion shortly .....

PM on burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk with your telephone number and I will give you a call on Sunday the 16th .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Scarborosoul

Sorry Malc ive only just got back on the net as i could have given you Andys info yonks ago!!!

Nice to see you on here Andy! Is about time you and Sharon got yr butts cross the Pennines and came to see us!!!!!

Rick

Social source share

Sorry Malc ive only just got back on the net as i could have given you Andys info yonks ago!!!

Nice to see you on here Andy! Is about time you and Sharon got yr butts cross the Pennines and came to see us!!!!!

Rick

Hi Rick ; No worries .....

I love the term " just got back on the net " ; it sounds like the person iis a recuperating acrobat ......

The Rotherham Windmill reunion will be going ahead in 2008 , but the date is yet to be confirmed ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!