Russ & Jenny Vickers - Cancelled

Guest SteveC

Guest SteveC

As a gesture and welcoming touch I have provisionally booked a venue to celebrate the return of Russ, Jenny & Zak Vickers.

They return on the bank holiday w/end and will obviously need a few weeks to sort their lives out.

With that I have provisionally booked the Racecourse Club, North Harbour, Cosham, Hants for Saturday 15 Sep from 8-2. This venue was used by Dave Abbott and myself when we ran Southern Soul Movement functions.

Before I dot the i's and cross the t's within the next 48 hours I'd like to guage how many soul sourcers would be genuinely interested in welcoming back the Vickers family and attending a totally across the board function to boot. Would be grateful if any friends of friends (i.e Nige and Sue Mayfield) could cascade this message.

Music will be provided by dj'ing friends of the couple and with that all djing pals are welcome to bring a small box with a view to double decking - nothing formal - primarily we need to listen to Russ's new aquisitions.

There are at least 2/3 hotels right across the road (Tulip/Marriot and another budget hotel I thinks) and the venue is tailor made - just ask those who attended the SSM events.

Russ is aware of this party but is struggling to aquire internet access so there are no secrets so if you're genuinely interested in not only welcoming the family back, listening and dancing to an array of good rare soul in a friendly atomsphere, and you know the Vickers, please let us know via this thread.

As soon as I can confirm 100% I will post up hotel details etc.

Many thanks

Steve

Edited by SteveC
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As a gesture and welcoming touch I have provisionally booked a venue to celebrate the return of Russ, Jenny & Zak Vickers.

They return on the bank holiday w/end and will obviously need a few weeks to sort their lives out.

With that I have provisionally booked the Racecourse Club, North Harbour, Cosham, Hants for Saturday 15 Sep from 8-2. This venue was used by Dave Abbott and myself when we ran Southern Soul Movement functions.

Before I dot the i's and cross the t's within the next 48 hours I'd like to guage how many soul sourcers would be genuinely interested in welcoming back the Vickers family and attending a totally across the board function to boot. Would be grateful if any friends of friends (i.e Nige and Sue Mayfield) could cascade this message.

Music will be provided by dj'ing friends of the couple and with that all djing pals are welcome to bring a small box with a view to double decking - nothing formal - primarily we need to listen to Russ's new aquisitions.

There are at least 2/3 hotels right across the road (Tulip/Marriot and another budget hotel I thinks) and the venue is tailor made - just ask those who attended the SSM events.

There will be no admittance fee as such but a bucket will be going round to help cover the costs.

Russ is aware of this party but is struggling to aquire internet access so there are no secrets so if you're genuinely interested in not only welcoming the family back, listening and dancing to an array of good rare soul in a friendly atomsphere, and you know the Vickers, please let us know via this thread.

Many thanks

Steve

would normally love to join you steve but we have our soul night in farnborough hants

is this the only night you can get as it would be great to see russ again

moldie

Guest Gavin Page

There will be no admittance fee as such but a bucket will be going round to help cover the costs.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve

Hope all is good mate ? Count me in ! Would not miss it for the world.

Guest SteveC

Sorry Moldie - been pissed about so much with venues that I had to take what was available and grabbed this both hands.

As its a private party - albeit a soul one - which will be attended by their family aswell - I didn't check the events page. Not like me, I know as I'm a stickler for not clashing, but are we sure that it will take many of your punters away? Once again I can only apologise. blush.gif

would normally love to join you steve but we have our soul night in farnborough hants

is this the only night you can get as it would be great to see russ again

moldie

Sorry Moldie - been pissed about so much with venues that I had to take what was available and grabbed this both hands.

As its a private party - albeit a soul one - which will be attended by their family aswell - I didn't check the events page. Not like me, I know as I'm a stickler for not clashing, but are we sure that it will take many of your punters away? Once again I can only apologise. blush.gif

hi steve

not really a case of you taking punters from our event but more a case of quite a few would like to be at yours..i know that you have always tried not to clash

apology accepted on this occasion

ill send you a donation for the pot....not the smoking kind laugh.gif

regards moldie

Guest SteveC

:(:thumbsup: Just went to put this in my Diary, in Brighton at Miles's 40th. unsure.gifph34r.gif

Just can't win nowadays mate - not enough weeks in the year. Glad I gave up promoting!!!!

Guest Gavin Page

Just can't win nowadays mate - not enough weeks in the year. Glad I gave up promoting!!!!

Yeah, cant be easy. Glad S.E is only once a year. I am sure it will be a blinder buddy !!

Take care and hope to see you soon

Guest SteveC

The venue has now been booked for the date and times mentioned in the original post. The owner has stated that it is highly likely that 2am is the earliest we will finish. :thumbsup:

All in all as anyone who has been will tell you there is a very large dance floor and just as large seating area adjacent which with good numbers has a good atmosphere. Booze isn't that dear either if I can recall but Mr Abbotts probably the best one to ask about that :lol:

The links to the 3 hotels that are literally (very literally) across the road are as follows but be warned The Marriot is very plush and the prices in comparison to the other two, reflect that.

Premier Travel Inn

The Marriot

Tulip Inn

Further details i.e postcode etc to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveC

Word getting around very slowly about this event. Unbelievably there are still folk who are neither members of this forum nor check into it as guests and apparently been on the phone to members stating they knew nowt about it so can I once again ask all who know the couple to pass around details. Thank you.

PS: Seen Jenny and Zak today but Russ has been ill in bed round his in-laws for the last 2 days with chronic gut rot - wimp!!!!

Edited by SteveC

Word getting around very slowly about this event. Unbelievably there are still folk who are neither members of this forum nor check into it as guests and apparently been on the phone to members stating they knew nowt about it so can I once again ask all who know the couple to pass around details. Thank you.

Steve, do you want me to post details on the Pompey Scooter Forum? Up to you mate.

Jimmy Rimmer

Guest SteveC

Hi Steve we will try our best to make it down, be so good to see Russ out and about again :wave:

The venue really is smashing and I know Russ and Jen are so looking forward to a relaxed evening of no holds barred soul and catching up with old friends.