Tony Drake - Suddenly - Brunswick

Guest Jamie

Howdy Gang! :shades:

I know that for some this has been played on a fairly regular basis, but in the cold, dark North of England, I don't hear this out too much.

Tony Drake - Suddenly - Brunswick.

I've been hammering this as much as I can because I think it's a brilliant dancer.

Our Soul Source friend, Brett Franklin recently secured himself a copy and was sent an email by the 'Man' Tony Drake himself, saying thanks for keeping the music alive and buying the record.

As a strange quirk of coincidence, I had been on the 'Tony Drake' website that same day for a bit of info for the SSCDT pages.

I then posted a quick message on his guestbook, and I was then sent an email from Tony.

I had a few questions regarding the track, and he was kind enough to supply me with the answer. I'd never seen a Black Issue, only the Blue Demo and wondered if there were many around.

Any current prices on the Demo & Issue???

post-1261-1108384976_thumb.jpg

post-1261-1108384999_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to his great website:

>>Link To Tony Drake Website<<

I have spotted some familiar names on the guestbook, be nice if we could leave some more and show we give a damn!

Cheers,

Jamie :)

(Hopefully we can get him on here and ask some questions!)

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

£80 seems a bit on the low side Billy. Picked up a demo about 18 months ago for £100. Have seen it as much as £150 (though that is a bit pricey). Walter Jackson - class tune. Not as funky as Suddenly which I've always has potential for mass appeal.

Social source share

£80 seems a bit on the low side Billy. Picked up a demo about 18 months ago for £100. Have seen it as much as £150 (though that is a bit pricey). Walter Jackson - class tune. Not as funky as Suddenly which I've always has potential for mass appeal.

link

===========

£125 - £150

sold mine foolishly last year on EBAY

fabulous soulful 45,,only heard when levine played it on jazz fm

luckily kept an emi of it

Social source share

===========

£125 - £150

sold mine foolishly last year on EBAY

fabulous soulful 45,,only heard when levine played it on jazz fm

luckily kept an emi of it

link

:P What a great track, one of my fav's too............Good track for blasting out in the car on the way to venues :thumbsup:

Was Tony any relation to Frances...... :) I'll get me coat :(

Social source share

link

Agree with you there Mark, looks like Billy is trying to pick one up on the cheap :thumbsup::(

Must be honest though, I've only ever seen Demos through on ebay, the issue has got to be rarer??? :P

Jamie :)

Social source share

:( What a great track, one of my fav's too............Good track for blasting out in the car on the way to venues :thumbsup:

Was Tony any relation to Frances...... :P I'll get me coat :(

link

Have you got a copy John Boy??

If you have, I instruct you to play it at every opportunity. :)

Infact, I order everyone to play it who has got a copy at every opportunity. It's just too good to leave in the box :P

Jamie. :(

Social source share

If someone can get me a copy of Walter Jaclson I promise I'll play it at every given oppotunity :P which means I'll play it at York next month :(

I missed one at £80 :thumbsup: My own fault - I;m a tight sod :)

link

It is a great tune Billy owd lad, one I play a bit myself, although with it being on Styrene it has a bit of burn at the start :angry: which means I have to faff about with the cueing :angry:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

And I, my friend, be lieve you are mad! wacko.gif:thumbsup:

link

I've only gone mad since I started hearing Hamilton Movement every time I step outside of Essex. :angry:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!