Leighton Buzzard Nights?

It wasnt Ronnie Dyson you saw in your dream playing at The Black Horse it was Clifton Dyson of Dysons Faces fame also , Byrd Pressley and a couple of other indie acts that Dave Halsall used to bring in now and again. Top people in them days most now flown to the ends of the earth , even clifton on sea although im told because Coventry wouldnt have him Shaun?????

The Man in Black

Social source share

• Replies 66
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

It wasnt Ronnie Dyson you saw in your dream playing at The Black Horse it was Clifton Dyson of Dysons Faces fame also , :shades:

Byrd Pressley and a couple of other indie acts that Dave Halsall used to bring in now and again. wink.gif

Top people in them days most now flown to the ends of the earth , even clifton on sea although im told because Coventry wouldnt have him Shaun????? wanker.gif:thumbup:ohmy.gif

The Man in Black

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Guest nusha

It wasnt Ronnie Dyson you saw in your dream playing at The Black Horse it was Clifton Dyson of Dysons Faces fame also , Byrd Pressley and a couple of other indie acts that Dave Halsall used to bring in now and again. Top people in them days most now flown to the ends of the earth , even clifton on sea although im told because Coventry wouldnt have him Shaun?????

The Man in Black

Yes he was wearing a rather fetdhing pair of satin pyjamas ,,,,Totally Brill

Social source share

• 10 years later...
Guest ganesh

thanks glad you liked them - how did you know it was me?  And apologies but I don't remember an Edwin - I don't remember much at all really

Social source share

Guest ganesh

not so hairy now, in fact pretty much bald, but still with a grey beard - surprised that people remember me as it must be getting on for 30 years ago, and apart from a couple of local 60's nites I've jocked  about 15 years ago I've not been anywhere.

Social source share

I went to the Leighton Buzzard, Unicorn Niters in the very early 80's , Living in Cranfield, it was 2 bus journeys to get there,

Must have been just after the Bedford Nite Spot alnighters finished, which would be in 1980.

I can remember Don Thomas, Come on Train was very popular, as well as a lot of early stuff such as Ron Holden, Forgive and Forget, and the

well known Mirwood records, like Millionaires, Never for me.

Decent venue with lots of interesting people.

Social source share

Bloody hell...Dave  Carne, how are you.havent seen you for many moons. Was it in Tam’s car when one of our fellow passengers decided that he’d had enough and was gonna jump out of the car when we bombing down the  motorway...mad trip that was 🤯

Yep..the Unicorn was a great  niter ...nothing pretentious...just good music and great people 👍

anyways Dave...hope you’re keeping might fine  

Edited by Edwin S Wales
Spellcheck ng
Social source share

On 25/07/2018 at 12:06, ganesh said:

not so hairy now, in fact pretty much bald, but still with a grey beard - surprised that people remember me as it must be getting on for 30 years ago, and apart from a couple of local 60's nites I've jocked  about 15 years ago I've not been anywhere.

I find I remember the stuff I want to and bin the rest lol. Don’t think the age of the stuff comes into it 🤓

i was mates with Simon Small, Gavin and Pablo and lived in Watford- still do. 

Lots of happy memories of The Unicorn, including the chips. 

Martin

Social source share

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:04, harly7 said:

Wow! THE Hairy Pete Myles. Top fella. 

Pete Myles, now there's a name from the past! - had some great tapes from Pete down at 100 Club - still got a few! 

Unicorn club plus the other nights (seem to recall a Thursday night in Luton run by Jon - "the weekend starts here") Jon and Sue did were great.

We use to come over in a car load with Jenny and Nina and little Mark - a bit sweaty and wiffy on the way home though!

Ray 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!