• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest northwest vinyl

You're selling it you bloody fool wacko.gif:ohmy:

link

But I was under the impression that's how a lot of ebay sellers get their prices so high! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

But I was under the impression that's how a lot of ebay sellers get their prices so high!  :huh:

link

I don,t know if you know what the current exchange rate is but i think that one english pound is worth about $100 us :lol: therefore my last bid of £27 is equivalent to $2,700.00 us dollars thumbsup.gif:lol::ohmy: Is it a deal or what but i,ll have to pay you in pounds sterling. :D

Regards Soulster22 :(

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I'll give you 55p and my copy. Which I paid a few quid for, which turned out to be a boot. :angry:

Sometimes I think my head's full of tea and has a handle on it!

Social source share

:thumbsup: Mr. Northwest records; Email me at mikevague@hotmail.com, I'll get your phone # or you-mine, and I'll sort you out proper for the Chubby Checker! Pottsy( hello Ady!) is right, some of us LA collecters will pay, and very fairly, for rare soul! Playing games with prices is so pre-cyber age, Americans think UK collectors who bullshit with prices are the biggest reason they don' t trust a guy in a store with an English accent! Those days are over, give up! Pay up, or shut up! Better yet, drag your ass over to the US like Ady has and truely see for yourself how many US Doo-wop dealers are John Manship Jr. now! Face it, Getting rare records (RARE, not just in demand!) is really getting difficult, but money ALWAYS talks, bullshit walks! I don't blame the US dealers as they were kept in the dark a long time, god knows how Nancy Yashiro rammed me several years! People all over the world love this music ONCE THEY FINALLY GET TO HEAR IT! Ady's and Kev/Gabbys LA events proved that, so any Uk collector or hustler whos trying to intimidate a mild mannered US dealer will probably get outbid by a Japanese or American collector in the long run, anyway! A record is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, ALWAYS! Don't hate deep pocketed fools, let em' overpay if they want! But don't low-ball, especially in public!! We US collectors usually purchase records based on their quality and rarity, not what got played at Wigan, cause we weren't there. So be nice to us, Mr. Smith! There is no entitlement implied whatsoever, but no 20+ year soul collector from the UK should start shaking down US soul lovers for loving the music as much as they do, let alone getting a fair $$ for it. I think some folks have a hard time knowing they gotta drop $2-3000 on a trip here just to gather up some flippable merch for their lists that will pay their airfare. The antique and estate dealers in the ghettos in La all know about Northern Soul now, they are online (probably reading this rant) and all of em' have got Manships and Kopple's books. This means if I want to buy La based local soul records, they try to charge me full wack mint prices IN POUNDS for beat up 45s that barly a year ago would probably be only be $1-3! This is a pattern that is sure to grow! In essence, if someones got the goods, pay up, no games. Thank you. thumbsup.gif
Social source share

:D Mr. Northwest records; Email me at mikevague@hotmail.com, I'll get your phone # or you-mine, and I'll sort you out proper for the Chubby Checker! Pottsy( hello Ady!) is right, some of us LA collecters will pay, and very fairly, for rare soul! Playing games with prices is so pre-cyber age, Americans think UK collectors who bullshit with prices are the biggest reason they don' t trust a guy in a store with an English accent! Those days are over, give up! Pay up, or shut up! Better yet, drag your ass over to the US like Ady has and truely see for yourself how many US Doo-wop dealers are John Manship Jr. now! Face it, Getting rare records (RARE, not just in demand!) is really getting difficult, but money ALWAYS talks, bullshit walks! I don't blame the US dealers as they were kept in the dark a long time, god knows how Nancy Yashiro rammed me several years! People all over the world love this music ONCE THEY FINALLY GET TO HEAR IT! Ady's and Kev/Gabbys LA events proved that, so any Uk collector or hustler whos trying to intimidate a mild mannered US dealer will probably get outbid by a Japanese or American collector in the long run, anyway! A record is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, ALWAYS! Don't hate deep pocketed fools, let em' overpay if they want! But don't low-ball, especially in public!! We US collectors usually purchase records based on their quality and rarity, not what got played at Wigan, cause we weren't there. So be nice to us, Mr. Smith! There is no entitlement implied whatsoever, but no 20+ year soul collector from the UK should start shaking down US soul lovers for loving the music as much as they do, let alone getting a fair $$ for it. I think some folks have a hard time knowing they gotta drop $2-3000 on a trip here just to gather up some flippable merch for their lists that will pay their airfare. The antique and estate dealers in the ghettos in La all know about Northern Soul now, they are online (probably reading this rant) and all of em' have got Manships and Kopple's books. This means if I want to buy La based local soul records, they try to charge me full wack mint prices IN POUNDS for beat up 45s that barly a year ago would probably be only be $1-3! This is a pattern that is sure to grow! In essence, if someones got the goods, pay up, no games. Thank you. :)

link

This as gotta` be the most borin` thread i have ever read,mr vague bet your a lotta` fun at a party?i would rather read bulls**t. :sleep3:

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Have I read this right?

The idea behind some of it seems to be that's it our fault for not telling the American dealers years ago that they shouldn't be selling that record they have listed as $3 for $3 because it's actually worth $300 in the UK.

So if we dishonestly bought their records at the price they were asking for it's our fault now that they have bumped the prices up and view us with distrust. Is that really what you're saying Mike?

In the interests of international relations, and ensuring that this never happens again, I've just spent an hour on the phone to some bemused peasants in Colombia trying to explain to them that we're all happily paying through the nose for their produce so they should up the price at their end. :sleep3::)

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

:) P.S. Ady, I just bought all of Greg Shaws soul 45 collection! :sleep3:

link

Nice one Mike!! Bet there's some nice stuff in there.

Was Buena Park busy yesterday? Has George Rodriguez & Carlos been finding anything? Big Robert Rodriguez.... looking bigger every time you see him?

Keep an eye on Tommy for me....Regards. Ady.

Social source share

In the interests of international relations, and ensuring that this never happens again, I've just spent an hour on the phone to some bemused peasants in Colombia trying to explain to them that we're all happily paying through the nose  for their produce so they should up the price at their end.  :)    :D

link

I thought everyone pays for their nose from Columbia??? :sleep3:

Although Peruvian is not to be sniffed at. Apparently.

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Have I read this right?

The idea behind some of it seems to be that's it our fault for not telling the American dealers years ago that they shouldn't be selling that record they have listed as $3 for $3 because it's actually worth $300 in the UK.

So if we dishonestly bought their records at the price they were asking for it's our fault now that they have bumped the prices up and view us with distrust. Is that really what you're saying Mike?

In the interests of international relations, and ensuring that this never happens again, I've just spent an hour on the phone to some bemused peasants in Colombia trying to explain to them that we're all happily paying through the nose  for their produce so they should up the price at their end.  :sleep3:   :D

link

:graywanker: That wasn't the point! If the records already priced, then buy it without guilt! If its an auction, bid on it what your willing to pay! If a dealer is in the dark, okie-doke does nobody any good, and thats where the stereotypes are built. I thought it a little mean spirited to pick on Northwest records for "fishing for a value"! For god's, sake whats wrong with that? People trust people when their straight and fair, and some unsavory characters from the UK have, in the past, messed it up for others, everywhere! The only way that stereotype will go away is when those actions stop, that's all. Nobody said $900 was unfair, Mr. Smith, but it might not be all of it, either....As I said, there are US collectors who want these records as much as you. :)
Social source share

A tad unfair I think. For one the advent of the Wold Wide Web means it's a global market now. When I sell stuff on eBay it goes all over the world. I've sold soul 45s to Europe, the Far East, Australia and yes, even the USA.

Also, why should somebody's location preclude them from getting the best price for an item. It's not unknown for people in this country to sell antique furniture, for example, to the States as you can get a better price there.

The fact that US citizens are aware of the value of soul 45s nowadays is just part of the price we pay for having access to many more records.

You only have to look at how many of regularly buy from America now compared to 20 years ago.

We can't have it all our own way mate ranting_1.gif

Godz

link

ranting_1.gif Tell it like it is!! Right on, , Godz, you are paying attention, while some are not! John Manship makes a FORTUNE off US buyers, I got $8000+ worth of records from him last year alone! (Not to mention the great trades I've gotten from other UK & Japanese dealers over the years!) We are everywhere, the soul economy is strongly fueled by the UK, but it is rapidly shifting EVERYWHERE!!! whistling.gif
Social source share

Mike i'll give you 2 pound Fifity and a $5 voucher for In & Out

DJ

:P

link

:D In and out? What will Michelle think, ya bugger? We's sellin' records over here, NOT services, dammit!! :lol: Oh yeah, I guess we all scared Mr. Northwest back into the sunset w/ ol' chubby in his hands (not that one you perverts!); He's informed me it's goin' up on ebay!! I guess he don't want a M- Nathan Williams on Lime or Ty Karim You just don't know! Oh well, so much for the world of trading... :D
Social source share

:D I see why Kenneth Aitchenson is bored w/ my post! Very clever!  :lol:

link

With respect Mr Vague,or can i call you mike?,my name is kenneth aitchison!!and do tell,what the f**k micheal jackson as to do with me only you know,do tell?.ken

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!