Sid Barnes' Sexy Legs

lisahurley

Did anyone see G2 in the Guardian today? There was a feature of an artist, Christian Marclay, who does unspeakable things with vinyl (Warning: this article might offend), anyway, the illustration features a montage of the cover of Michael Jackson's Thriller LP (as the head and torso), the "foot stomping Music" Lp by Sidney Barnes (for the crotch and thighs) and "the first Roxy Music" Lp (for the feet). Anyone know this Sid Barnes Lp? Is it a tribute to Hamilton Bohannon, which went big in the right hands at Prestatyn last year?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Lisa,

Yes I have the Sidney Barnes LP, indeed the only good thing about it is the cover.

My copy is cracked and was given to me as a freebee with a bunch of other records I bought once.

Edited by noss
Social source share

Hi Lisa,

Yes I have the Sidney Barnes LP, indeed the only good thing about it is the cover.

My copy is cracked and was given to me as a freebee with a bunch of other records I bought once.

link

Hi Dave,

And is it anything to do with Hamilton Bohannon or is it just coincidence? Looks about the same vintage too...

Social source share

Hi Dave,

And is it anything to do with Hamilton Bohannon or is it just coincidence? Looks about the same vintage too...

link

Similar tempo but more disco than funk if you know what I mean and no Bohannon credits so I would say not.....its actually from 1978 so later than Bohannon?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert