Ernie Andrews

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Are you on about "Tell Me Why (Can't We Be Friends)"? Sorry, haven't got a copy of the 45, but here's an MP3. Don't know if it's of any help to you.

Check the following out for a label scan and some info:

https://www.soulmusiccollector.com/four_bel...be_friends.html

Here's some general info from https://www.allmusic.com about the group:

Four Below Zero, a New York-based quartet consisting of Dornell Chavous, Moses McNeil, Cleveland Dickerson, and Harry Watson, had grandiose dreams of stardom that went unfulfilled. Armed with song, they caught the interest of Patrick Adams and signed with the producer/writer/arranger's P&P label in 1974; the song, "Tell Me Why (We Can't Be Friends)" made some noise in New York but never made a whimper outside the city. A second P&P single, "My Baby's Got E.S.P.," written by Adams, John Cooksey, Eugene Lemon, and Fay Hauser, dropped in 1976 and did better locally. This enabled Adams to license it with Roulette Records for mass distribution that unfortunately failed to amass much of anything other than providing some cash for uniforms and a few doodads. Popular with collectors, you can find it on some select Northern soul compilations. Nothing else by Four Below Zero connected and they soon disbanded. McNeil delved into songwriting, albeit unsuccessfully. Fay Hauser, one of the writers of "ESP," recorded solo before embarking on a successful acting career.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

- I am looking for acopy of the 2nd single done by four below zero after my babys got ESP. I want this as Peter brown of P&P records has lost the original tapes and wishes to get hold of.

I also want a record by henry brooks if you can help.

Cheers :thumbsup:

link

Sebastien- The reason I asked for this was I met up with Peter Brown last week in New York & he said he had lost his original tapes.

I dont have the capacity to download this onto cd as i only have email at work.

Peter also does not have email but gave me a fax number.

Would it be possible for you to download this onto cd and I will pay you for it.

regards Steve

Social source share