Pilsley Miners Welfare

I had a change of shifts this weekend and it must have been 6 months or so since I travelled to Pilsley Miners Welfare to see the Coopers in action wasn't disappointed arriving at about 9ish Chris was banging some oldies giving the night a good start then Barry Shaking his tail feather!!!! Kept the dance floor going, putting the odd R&B in for the Senior Citizen BAZ . & "Sam Evans" what a girl she knows how to please, so I booked for the Easter Bank holiday at Forest Town, well done & thank you all at Pilsley for a great night well worth the trip.

Sithi soon

Dennis

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a note to say a big thanks for all those that turned up to Pilsley Soul last night, good turn out it was too, Alan got us started (we will be having him on later in the night soon) follwed by Chris who played some good oldies and got the floor moving next was our Guest DJ Sam Evans and for those who know Sam she is a bunndle of energy and she played just what they wanted, Barry was on next,a right mixed bag from a little bit of R&B (for Bazza and Sam Moore) a couple of modern tunes (for Catherine Sharon and Carol) a couple of really old club sounds (For Ray & Elaine) and a few bits and bobs including Grover Mitchell " What Hurts" final hour was split between Chris and Barry.

Dance floor was busy right to the end of the night - it was a fun night just what it should be, good to see some old friends who had not been for a while. Pilsley as we say good atmosphere good music and a good time.

Next month our guest is Mick Boyle from Nottingham and that is on September 15th (3rd Saturday of the month).

Barry

I had a change of shifts this weekend and it must have been 6 months or so since I travelled to Pilsley Miners Welfare to see the Coopers in action wasn't disappointed arriving at about 9ish Chris was banging some oldies giving the night a good start then Barry Shaking his tail feather!!!! Kept the dance floor going, putting the odd R&B in for the Senior Citizen BAZ . & "Sam Evans" what a girl she knows how to please, so I booked for the Easter Bank holiday at Forest Town, well done & thank you all at Pilsley for a great night well worth the trip.

Sithi soon

Dennis

Senior Citizen...Im only lad Dennis.....great night as usuall at Pilsley..thanks to Barry for sticking a few R&B tunes on.....I have to smile at the folks that say they dont like R&B..but they are all an the floor dancing their socks off to it

cya all soon

Bazza

Edited by bazza

Just a note to say a big thanks for all those that turned up to Pilsley Soul last night, good turn out it was too, Alan got us started (we will be having him on later in the night soon) follwed by Chris who played some good oldies and got the floor moving next was our Guest DJ Sam Evans and for those who know Sam she is a bunndle of energy and she played just what they wanted, Barry was on next,a right mixed bag from a little bit of R&B (for Bazza and Sam Moore) a couple of modern tunes (for Catherine Sharon and Carol) a couple of really old club sounds (For Ray & Elaine) and a few bits and bobs including Grover Mitchell " What Hurts" final hour was split between Chris and Barry.

Dance floor was busy right to the end of the night - it was a fun night just what it should be, good to see some old friends who had not been for a while. Pilsley as we say good atmosphere good music and a good time.

Next month our guest is Mick Boyle from Nottingham and that is on September 15th (3rd Saturday of the month).

Barry

Just to clarify; Thats not ME!! Nothing against some modern sounds but not someone who would request them to be played, you understand.

Anyway, good night, good turn out, good company, some new faces and some faces not there. All in all a proper across the board mix with the oldies not just the regular tried and tested but some of the lesser known/played variety.

Hope to try and get a play list from Chris but theres no guarantee!! :(

Glad you made in back into the main room for Vito et al Bazza!!

Edited by bridget

Senior Citizen...Im only lad Dennis.....great night as usuall at Pilsley..thanks to Barry for sticking a few R&B tunes on.....I have to smile at the folks that say they dont like R&B..but they are all an the floor dancing their socks off to it

cya all soon

Bazza

Baz seen you move and yes i agree only a lad!!! but you are catching me & BBB up. silver fox and wife what a plesure, nice to see the young chap oh by the way he's the same age as dendog. Booked him for April too to get some of the old classics back,him and young Sam going to be a good night. But hoping chris & Barry could make one for next year I will keep asking (May is still vacant????? )

K.T.F

dennis

not been up to pilsley for a while ..really enjoyed it..nice mix of sounds old and not so old.... have to say just one or two of the records played had really lost the plot though, about as "northern soul" Bananarama... but hey ? :lol:

good venue and atmosphere, lovely people too ! :lol:

casper

not been up to pilsley for a while ..really enjoyed it..nice mix of sounds old and not so old.... have to say just one or two of the records played had really lost the plot though, about as "northern soul" Bananarama... but hey ? :unsure:

good venue and atmosphere, lovely people too ! biggrin.gif

casper

Tell me more casper..I am intrigued! Which Bananarama tracks didn`t `float your boat`?

Sithi soon

Dennis

Hey up there Dendog.

Thanks for the comments, really enjoyed myself Saturday, but then again I usually do. Thought Vito and the Salutations went down well and the oldie Shake a Tail Feather was well recieved with plenty trying their best to actually do the Tail Feather, great laugh. Once again a great atmosphere and hey, Billy Joe Royal, Hearts Desire, when did you last here that one?

Chris

Edited by bridget

ayup bridjet ! well i don't know what they called it....but i thought it was the kind of record to blow whistles to :D and flash little laser lights around.. it was just after sam's spot (really good spot too :lol: ) loved the youth club sounds shake a tailfeather , your ready now etc.....great dancers and 18 again ! but there were some puzzled frowns at whatever the record was ..i would not have been askin to be honest :thumbup:

but overall great night as said .

casper

ayup bridjet ! well i don't know what they called it....but i thought it was the kind of record to blow whistles to :P and flash little laser lights around.. it was just after sam's spot (really good spot too thumbup.gif ) loved the youth club sounds shake a tailfeather , your ready now etc.....great dancers and 18 again ! but there were some puzzled frowns at whatever the record was ..i would not have been askin to be honest :)

but overall great night as said .

casper

Hi Casper

I was on just after Sam and you got me thinking what record your on about first three records I played were 1. You Can Do It - Kim Weston 2. What Hurts - Grover Mitchell and 3. Kirk Franklin - Looking For You. And of those three it must have been the the Kirk Franklin track which is a modern track and your right not "Northern" but hey get lots and lots of request for it.

It was a fun night and pleased you enjoyed the youth club spot glad you enjoyed the night and hope you visit us again soon.

Barry

Edited by BBB

Hi Casper

I was on just after Sam and you got me thinking what record your on about first three records I played were 1. You Can Do It - Kim Weston 2. What Hurts - Grover Mitchell and 3. Kirk Franklin - Looking For You. And of those three it must have been the the Kirk Franklin track which is a modern track and your right not "Northern" but hey get lots and lots of request for it.

It was a fun night and pleased you enjoyed the youth club spot glad you enjoyed the night and hope you visit us again soon.

Barry

We were waiting for your reply as we thouight it was probably your Bananarama spot Casper was referring too!

See you at Derby on Sunday Casp??

no Derby this time ...though i am sure it wil be a great dayer for sure.... i am off to wigan, not been since 6th anniversary... supposed to be almost 1200 tickets sold? mine are in the late 900's so we will see ? :lol:

see you at next pilsley though ?

casper :D

Hey up there Dendog.

Thanks for the comments, really enjoyed myself Saturday, but then again I usually do. Thought Vito and the Salutations went down well and the oldie Shake a Tail Feather was well recieved with plenty trying their best to actually do the Tail Feather, great laugh. Once again a great atmosphere and hey, Billy Joe Royal, Hearts Desire, when did you last here that one?

Chris

Chris I say as it is from when I was there, your self, BBB, & Sam did a great job entertaining all that participated missed the first spot though, so can't answer to that. But I enjoyed all the rest gives me a change from work it was nice to get out keep it up Pilsley but Shake a Tail Feather was brill.

Hope to see you soon

Enjoy what you play but always entertain thats part of the fun

K.T.F

Dennis

no Derby this time ...though i am sure it wil be a great dayer for sure.... i am off to wigan, not been since 6th anniversary... supposed to be almost 1200 tickets sold? mine are in the late 900's so we will see ? :thumbsup:

see you at next pilsley though ?

casper :wicked:

Ok Pete. Will try and make sure Banarama are off the playlist!!

Have a good weekend! :thumbsup:

Source Advert