Bobby Kline-say Something Nice To Me, Original, How Much ?

Guest geordiebri

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a thought, I have only ever seen 3 issues of this. Anybody know the story behind this record ?

I have an issue or at least i think it is as its a white label with no mention of demo. I would think buyer beware for some of them cause some one turned up 10 or 12 a few years ago with the B side label on both sides and some very good label copies must have been made

Social source share

I have an issue or at least i think it is as its a white label with no mention of demo. I would think buyer beware for some of them cause some one turned up 10 or 12 a few years ago with the B side label on both sides and some very good label copies must have been made

I've never seen a Demo of this. The ones I've had have all been white labels but no mention of Promo. Also, there are copies with the labels reversed but I've never seen a 45 with the B Side on both sides.

Can someone post a scan of the demo if they have one please?

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

I've never seen a Demo of this. The ones I've had have all been white labels but no mention of Promo. Also, there are copies with the labels reversed but I've never seen a 45 with the B Side on both sides.

Can someone post a scan of the demo if they have one please?

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

It was about 10 years ago when they turned up not sure who had them think Dave welding would know

Social source share

I believe Roger Banks had a few with labels reversed a good few years back, but never heard of any with double B side labels either.

Many thanks to Mark Bicknell for sorting me a copy a while back..... :thumbsup:

Just spoke to Spagetti he bought one from Mark, Franks mate from Derby ,it did have the same b side label on both sides and according to John there were 18 :yes: of them at £150 each.

Social source share

If the issue is white, what colour is the demo? Or are all copies (unmarked) demo's? :rolleyes:

the demo would probably be white but would be marked as a demo in some way, sticker, stamp, "x" on the side they are promoting etc. I would assume they would avoid tax on demos.....not being an expert on customs and excise I'm not really sure, some one else might be able to give a more definitive answer.

The record still commanding a price of around £1000 but think thats way too much IMHO considering the amount for sale in recent times.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!