Shane Martin - I Need You

Peter99

Been sorting through some of my dusty old records and came accross Shane Martin - a track which I actually like a lot. May seem a simple question to the more knowledgable on here - but whats the story with this track. It was booted wasn't it? Seem to think the british release is the rare one.

Can anyone give me the full SP?

Thanks

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

UK issue - CBS

US issue - Epic

70s reissue - Columbia Special Products (CSP)

The British demo/issue is the rarer one, though not entirely sure what either of them go for.

Seen a few of the Epic, £50? and even some CBS, £200? But never seen any CSP, apart from the one i'm holding... :yes:

Great sound btw. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks chaps! :thumbsup:

I've obviously got the seventies reissue then on CSP - about twenty quid then?

Safe bet is more likely between £10 - £15. It's not a boot; it was legally reissued by Columbia in the USA, around the same time they reissued Lynne Randell, Bobby Diamond, Taj Mahal, Vibrations, Lou Edwards etc (they're all matrix stamped).

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Safe bet is more likely between £10 - £15. It's not a boot; it was legally reissued by Columbia in the USA, around the same time they reissued Lynne Randell, Bobby Diamond, Taj Mahal, Vibrations, Lou Edwards etc (they're all matrix stamped).

Thanks for that mate.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

my copy is on CSP and was £8 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Erm - I missed that bit of your post. I couldn't see a stamp on mine - just scratched in characters!

:huh:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Erm - I missed that bit of your post. I couldn't see a stamp on mine - just scratched in characters!

:lol:

Interesting. Mine's stamped ZSP138548-1F. Could the reissue have been booted? :huh:

Social source share

Interesting. Mine's stamped ZSP138548-1F. Could the reissue have been booted? :lol:

I'm not sure - I thought it had been booted - but I'm not the most knowledgeable person. I'll double check my copy tonight. I'm quite interested now cos I haven;t been in this record box for years - all oldies. I'm gonna see what else is in there tonight.

:huh:

Social source share

• 11 years later...

The great Artie Schroeck worked on the Shane Martin version as arranger!  This helped give it an edge and sound, that made it a Northern Soul classic!  Artie Schroecks name turns up on other Northern Soul goodies!

Jim Webb is a famous, very talented, well known songwriter. He wrote many top selling million sellers in the USA.  "Up, Up and Away", "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Galveston", "The Worst That Could Happen", "All I Know", and "MacArthur Park" etc.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!