Deon Jackson Help?

doowopmick

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The track was only ever on a very battered studio acetate which Tim Brown sold to Nige Parker in the early nineties. It's currently owned by Carl Fortnum. However, there are one or two EMI's of it in circulation and so someone might do you a copy or an MP3. It may well have come out on some bootleg compilation at sometime.

Social source share

doowopmick

thanks for the praise for the cheadle hulme british legion do, everyone enjoyed the last one,great turn out, nxt one on 20 feb hope u can make it (see events guide on this site for details) come and say hello or see u at guild hall this friday ?

i'm sure the deon jackson track is on a d jackson cd?

best regards

grant

Social source share

• 1 month later...

The track was only ever on a very battered studio acetate which Tim Brown sold to Nige Parker in the early nineties.  It's currently owned by Carl Fortnum.    However, there are one or two EMI's of it in circulation and so someone might do you a copy or an MP3. It may well have come out on some bootleg compilation at sometime.

Used to be Gary Spencers and I thought this was where Carl got it from?????

Social source share

excellent track been a nighter monster fo r years now ,can be heard spun by the likes of dean andersson,carl ithink it was gary spencer who relly got it going in the early nineties at bradford ,i also remember pete lowrie giving it some stick a few years ago.

Social source share

excellent track been a nighter monster fo r years now ,can be  heard spun by the likes of dean andersson,carl ithink it was gary spencer who relly got it going in the early nineties at bradford ,i also remember pete lowrie giving it some stick a few years ago.

Gary deffo spun it in the 80's and 90's, got it on a tape off him. Carl now has it and is the only gunuine one, anyone else playing it is playing a cut/emidisc.

Social source share

Keith Money was playing it 2/3 years ago, I've a tape of searling show with Keith

guesting. Have to dig it out & see if he gives any further details.

Dave G

Social source share

wasn't there once some story that says

the original acetate was hammered so much the quality was well dodgy, and as the original owner never had a copy cut, was thought a good quality version was lost for ever?

Possibly another track maybe not

As Chalky says loads of dubs now about

Social source share

Nigel Parker bought the original acetate of Tim Brown around the turn of the nineties (when Martin Coppell was selling stuff) for about $650, if I remember right (plus Magnetics @ £2000, Danny Moore @ £750!!). The acetate's 'wax' is very thin and was begining to break up a bit. Nigel would let anyone have a tape of the acetate at first (except me) , but finally let Carl and Spena have an EMI disc. I think Gary then did a few tapes for people who since have cut acetates. Unless Carl has sold it in the last few weeks, he still has the original acetate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!