soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, got another nice piece for sale. PM or e-mail recordwanted(at)aol.com, price in UK pounds. Thanks! :rolleyes:

The Cautions-No Other Way/Poor Loser SHRINE EX+(small glue stain on label) 475.00 post paid!

Thanks for looking!

-Mike

If I were ever on Desert Island Discs this would have to be included, one of the all time Northern Soul greats imo..£475 post paid (BARGAIN), go on tell the Mrs no holdiday next year and buy the bastard now.

Social source share

Yeah Paul's right, more then 1 a month on ebay now, Shrine stuff not quite as rare as we thought eh !! :thumbsup:

Ian.

speaking of rare shrine 45s, does anyone know if shirley edwards was ever re-issued? i somehow have a feeling my chances of ever getting an original are rather bad ... :thumbsup:

PS. checked popsike for shrine 45s, loads of them on ebay but most in rather bad condition. i guess it's not hard to find any shrine records, it's hard to find them in playable condition...

Social source share

PS. checked popsike for shrine 45s, loads of them on ebay but most in rather bad condition. i guess it's not hard to find any shrine records, it's hard to find them in playable condition...

Exactly. Also because they are very brittle styrene you can have a mint looking Shrine that hisses all the way through. I've got a mint looking Enjoyables & one that looks vg- & it's the vg- one that plays the best.

At least with Mikes copy of the Cautions you know you are getting one that plays nice. Sounds a bargain to me.

By the way, I know this is not the time & place to go into an in depth discussion about it, but some of the Shrines actually had two presses at two different pressing plants, & that includes things like Shirley Edwards, Sidney Hall, etc.. Some were Bell Sound pressed/stamped. Lot of facts about the label yet to emerge.

pottsy

Social source share

speaking of rare shrine 45s, does anyone know if shirley edwards was ever re-issued? i somehow have a feeling my chances of ever getting an original are rather bad ... :thumbsup:

They just did that one recently, whoever they are???

Mal:) :thumbsup:

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

They just did that one recently, whoever they are???

Mal:) :thumbsup:

they did one with ray pollard's "this time" on the flip. but i meant a "proper" reissue, i.e. with the original flipside. its one of my alltime favourites and among the best tracks shrine ever issued (IMHO).

anyone with 600 dpi scans of both sides of the shirley edwards 45? i'm off to vinyl carvers in a minute :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!