Second Time Around

Tomangoes

Looking through some of the 'fave' records listed on recent polls, some of them I like now but could not stand the first time I heard them.

Top of the List 'Don Varner - Tear Stained Face'

Loathed this at first but years later complete change of heart and I love it.

Any other nominations??

Ed

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not "soul" according to most I guess... but anyway... I've heavily disliked "Oh How Happy" by Shades Of Blue on IMPACT for a long, long time. Then the penny dropped about 6 months ago. Absolutely love that tune now and it moves me to tears every now and then when I play it. Does anyone know if it came out on vinyl as well as styrene? :ohmy: Seeing some vintage video clips of them performing it on a local Detroit TV show a while back was awesome. ph34r.gif

Social source share

Like a lot of people around in '74, some of the modern spins took a while to grow.  Recall my early loathing for Fantastic Johnny C, Don't Depend On Me.  That changed of course!

link

I have always loathed Tony Clark " Wrong Man ", all of a sudden it's grown on me ph34r.gif strange isn't it.

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Lou Pride - I'm cumin home in the morning.

Had it on tapes/compilation albums for ages before I heard it played out and thought it was a completely directionless, out of tune pile of garbage.

Heard it at 2am mid way through a nighter at full volume and suddenly it clicked!!

Social source share

Lou Pride - I'm cumin home in the morning.

Had it on tapes/compilation albums for ages before I heard it played out and thought it was a completely directionless, out of tune pile of garbage.

Heard it at 2am mid way through a nighter at full volume and suddenly it clicked!!

link

Try this?use to like the rosebuds,say you`ll be mine,f**king hate now?.ken

Social source share

Jeannette-Wade Flemmons

Like everyone else I had multiple 'soul pack' copies in the 80s and got rid of them all for less than a fiver, heard it in Lowton one night and thought, 'that can't be the same record, it didn't sound anything like that when I had it'!!

Wouldn't pay £200 to buy it back though.. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!