Annesley Soul Club

Guest krawen

Guest krawen

Had to post this a bit earlier than normal as I'm having to spend a bit too much time at work at the moment ( yawn ...... i know boring ) anyway

Annesley is on again on Saturday the 8th of September 2007. I know it seems a bit early in the month but it is the second Saturday :thumbsup: honest.

It's a 7pm start with a 12:30ish finish

and it's £3.50 on the door.

This month will have more of an oldies feel to it ( I think )

with guest Dj's for the evening being

STEVE & MARK ( MELTON MAFIA )

AND

IAN GEE

For more info contact:-

Pete Taylor on 01773 761222

Ppanny@aol.com

or

Steve Brown on 01773 760350

steve@oldies1.freeserve.co.uk

• Replies 53
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had to post this a bit earlier than normal as I'm having to spend a bit too much time at work at the moment ( yawn ...... i know boring ) anyway

Annesley is on again on Saturday the 8th of September 2007. I know it seems a bit early in the month but it is the second Saturday :lol: honest.

AND

IAN GEE

Ppanny@aol.com

or

IAN GEE :lol::lol:laugh.gif the mind boggles.me n the nut will be there :lol:

looking forward to steve and marks spot.might shake things up a bit :rolleyes:

We are relishing the prospect of DJing at Annesley.From its earliest days Annesley was always hot & very atmospheric. Our aim is to turn up the heat a bit with a mixture of atmospheric "across the board" sounds. thumbsup.gif

Oggie.

Guest krawen

IAN GEE :D:huh::lol: the mind boggles.me n the nut will be there :lol:

I'm glad to see his fan club is turning out unsure.gif

Hope you and Mrs Nut had a good holiday and we've saved 2 tickets for you for New Years Eve mate :(

All the best

Steve B

Guest krawen

I've just had a phone call asking if it was true that Annesley Soul Club had finished.

Well the answer is NO we are still going ( strong ). Either someone is spreading nasty rumours or they have got us mixed up with Awsworth as I've just read on here that they have finished. Either way , we are still on every second Saturday of the month as always.

Cheers

Steve B

I'm glad to see his fan club is turning out unsure.gif

Hope you and Mrs Nut had a good holiday and we've saved 2 tickets for you for New Years Eve mate thumbsup.gif

All the best

Steve B

hi steve.had a cracking time.booked again for next year already thumbup.gif ,thanks for saving the tickets.i must remember to pat down me soul bags and iron me bowling shirt :lol: oh by the way got a announcement to make at annesley.NO its not wedding bells AND no the nut isnt pregnent

hi steve.had a cracking time.booked again for next year already thumbup.gif ,thanks for saving the tickets.i must remember to pat down me soul bags and iron me bowling shirt :lol:oh by the way got a announcement to make at annesley.NO its not wedding bells AND no the nut isnt pregnent

Is it you've started collecting modern Jim swoon.gif

or is it that you've been made employee of the month at the post office laugh.gif

Steve B

Hey Bazza,

I've just played that sound byte you sent me and both me and Karen like it ( she likes a bit of R & B you know :lol: ) I'll be looking out for that one :shades:

Steve B

Just a note to say we will be setting up at the normal time this month, so anyone that wants to bring some sounds down to give them a spin in the afternoon are quite welcome ( Ray & Cressy ) :huh:

Steve B

hi steve.had a cracking time.booked again for next year already :D ,thanks for saving the tickets.i must remember to pat down me soul bags and iron me bowling shirt :thumbup: oh by the way got a announcement to make at annesley.NO its not wedding bells AND no the nut isnt pregnent

Morning Jim,

Me and Bazza was in deep discussion over you on Saturday night and we've come to the conclusion that we haven't got a f**ckin' clue as to what your going to announce on Saturday :P:lol:

Steve B

Annesley is on again on Saturday the 8th of September 2007. I know it seems a bit early in the month but it is the second Saturday :thumbup: honest.

AND

IAN GEE

Ppanny@aol.com

or

Hi Steve

Hope you have a good night I am getting over operation so can't make this one but soon be up and dancing at your next one.

Shall not ask how the Rams are doing!!! (we are no better - typing this and listening to us losing to Peterborough)

Barry Cooper

Morning Jim,

Me and Bazza was in deep discussion over you on Saturday night and we've come to the conclusion that we haven't got a f**ckin' clue as to what your going to announce on Saturday :lol::lol:

Steve B

hi steve.its nothing to lose sleep over i can assure you :lol: how much do i owe you for the tickets? what time are steve and oggie on,do you know?

Mr Brown

Is there any particular dress code for Saturday?? Check out this website for new years eve!!https://www.soulyware.co.uk/

Me and the owd codger will be with you. Whats the best time to be there??????

S

xx

Hi Bridget,

After enjoying the last event,we intend to spin a tune for the Pilsley crew. :ohmy:

Oggie (Melton Mafia)

Just a note to say we will be setting up at the normal time this month, so anyone that wants to bring some sounds down to give them a spin in the afternoon are quite welcome ( Ray & Cressy ) :ohmy:

Steve B

Hi Steve I'll be there Saturday afternoon around the normal time just as the last speaker gets put on it's stand. Rays away at the weekend so you might be able to play some 45s this month.

I think Jims special announcement is he made a full week at work two weeks ago :yes: & it included a Saturday morning :lol: .... Cressy

Hi Steve I'll be there Saturday afternoon around the normal time just as the last speaker gets put on it's stand. Rays away at the weekend so you might be able to play some 45s this month.

I think Jims special announcement is he made a full week at work two weeks ago :D & it included a Saturday morning :D .... Cressy

:thumbup::thumbup: i wouldn't bet on it.must pay you cressy,sorry its took so long.you dont have a jimmy stokes by any chance do you :D

Edited by JMYTG

Right I can now confirm the dj running order for this Saturday for those of you that have been asking:-

7pm till 9:30pm Steve Brown & Pete Taylor

9:30pm till 10:30pm IAN GEE

10:30pm till 11:30pm STEVE & MARK ( MELTON MAFIA )

11:30 till Close PETE TAYLOR

All times approx :D

Cheers

Steve B

hi steve.its nothing to lose sleep over i can assure you :D how much do i owe you for the tickets? what time are steve and oggie on,do you know?

Morning Jim,

The New years eve tickets are a fiver each, and I've just posted the Dj times up.

Are you out anywhere on Friday.

Steve B

Morning Jim,

The New years eve tickets are a fiver each, and I've just posted the Dj times up.

Are you out anywhere on Friday.

Steve B

cheers steve will pick them up saturday,i could go out but got jobs to do at home so staying in.should be at annesley about 8,bringing an old mate along.going to see how long i last b4 i have to rush outside for a fix :D

cheers steve will pick them up saturday,i could go out but got jobs to do at home so staying in.should be at annesley about 8,bringing an old mate along.going to see how long i last b4 i have to rush outside for a fix :lol:

Morning Jim,

Is Mrs Nut out tomorrow night ?

As for tonight , I've negotiated an early finish for myself this afternoon at work ,so we are having a trip up to see Soul Sam and the Pincher twins at the Earl of Doncaster.

Hey Jim, I thought you would have given more input in to the overkill thread as I know you are never one from shying away from giving an opinion whistling.gif:yes:

Steve B

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ay Up Folks :yes:

I'm out tomoz, ready for a boogie thumbup.gif We've been out twice in 2 months to a soul do! Soon be cold turkey haha.

Not posted for ages! Bet you wondered where I've been hiding. PC's been broke since the end of March, engineer keeps appearing, scratching his head then disappearing. Waiting for courier to pick up the tower to take it for bench testing. Have to rely on using the kids pc and everytime I came to sign in to post on soul source the whole webpage closed down :lol: . Got myself a new ID on here, tried to sign in to post...same problem! Have just sat and restored some Internet Explorer old settings and Eh Presto....it's working.

Reckon the kids might have put the words SOUL into some kind of BAN IT option on the internet settings :yes:

Anywayyyyy....see how long Jim can last before going out for a fix, bearing in mind he says we are arriving about 8, I guess he'll be outside about 8.05 :lol: If last weeks anything to go by, he smoked more now its banned than he normally would. Only went out for a smoke and got chatting, he was on his way back in and someone else ventured out for a chat, another smoke, then on his way back in again, and someone else appeared....light another one why dontchaaaaaaaa.

see ya all tomoz

Di

Guest Fatius Bumius

Thanks for that link Bridget for the soul gear you've helped me a lot sorting out Fancy Dress for New Year rolleyes.gif

4 beer towels on order, me and Jim are going as Adam and Eve :lol:

EDITED POST EDITED POST EDITED POST

Order changed to 3 bath sheets and a flannel :yes:

Edited by The Nut

Morning Jim,

Is Mrs Nut out tomorrow night ?

As for tonight , I've negotiated an early finish for myself this afternoon at work ,so we are having a trip up to see Soul Sam and the Pincher twins at the Earl of Doncaster.

Hey Jim, I thought you would have given more input in to the overkill thread as I know you are never one from shying away from giving an opinion whistling.gif:lol:

Steve B

was going to give my opinion :P but im a changed man.Dont want to upset anyone.I did have loads to say i'll tell ya :boxing::wicked:

was going to give my opinion :wicked: but im a changed man.Dont want to upset anyone.I did have loads to say i'll tell ya :Pwhistling.gif

Bugger that changed man stuff....ger on there tell em what ya think :boxing:

cya Saturday

Bazza

then again ..been a good lad me sen...latley not called anyone an idiot or owt...recone Im goin soft :lol:

Edited by bazza
Guest Fatius Bumius

Reckon Jims keyboard would go into total meltdown Bazza if he started :wicked:

Be a waste of his typing skill to be honest, the folks he would be aiming it at have their heads stuck that far up their own ar*es (or someone elses ar*e) they wouldn't be able to read it without removing head from said orrifice laugh.gif

Edited by The Nut

Reckon Jims keyboard would go into total meltdown Bazza if he started :lol:

Be a waste of his typing skill to be honest, the folks he would be aiming it at have their heads stuck that far up their own ar*es (or someone elses ar*e) they wouldn't be able to read it without removing head from said orrifice :wicked:

me fingers are burning with temptation :D .fook it its not worth it is it.might offend people that are bigger than me huh.gif:P:boxing:

me fingers are burning with temptation :lol: .fook it its not worth it is it.might offend people that are bigger than me :P:boxing::lol:

Come on Jim :wicked: you know you want to.

I bet you're like that kid who's finger is hovering above the red button with that sign above it saying DO NOT PRESS :D

Anyway i'm going to get ready to go out now , so i'll see you tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Steve B

Come on Jim :P you know you want to.

I bet you're like that kid who's finger is hovering above the red button with that sign above it saying DO NOT PRESS :boxing:

Anyway i'm going to get ready to go out now , so i'll see you tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Steve B

i will not give in to temptation,i will not join the dark side like bazza,fook me i think im going mad :lol: .have a good nite steve and see you tomoz :wicked:

i will not give in to temptation,i will not join the dark side like bazza,fook me i think im going mad :P .have a good nite steve and see you tomoz thumbup.gif

Just having a glass of single malt whisky while waiting for Pete to pick us up ,as I'm told it helps with my dancing skills :wicked:

see you tomorrow mate.

Steve B

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight..Its gonna be a good 'un :ohmy:

We are packing the records now so this is a good time to PM us with any requests :cheese1:

Oggie (Melton Mafia)

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight..Its gonna be a good 'un :ohmy:

We are packing the records now so this is a good time to PM us with any requests :cheese1:

Oggie (Melton Mafia)

Hi Oggie...you would.

would'nt' happen to have " My Aching Back - lowel fulsom " never heard it played out yet

Bazza

:ohmy:laugh.gif may the force be with you my son cya later bazza :cheese1:

Ey up Bazza,

I've just got back from setting up at Annesley, i think i've had too much to drink already but looking forward to tonight ( Pete & Cressy are a bad influence on me laugh.gif )

Got some R & B sorted for you .

See you later

Steve B

Ey up Bazza,

I've just got back from setting up at Annesley, i think i've had too much to drink already but looking forward to tonight ( Pete & Cressy are a bad influence on me :cheese1: )

Got some R & B sorted for you .

See you later

Steve B

You should'nt let em inlfuence ya Steve..they are bad lads :ohmy:

cya in a bit

Bazza

Hi Oggie...you would.

would'nt' happen to have " My Aching Back - lowel fulsom " never heard it played out yet

Bazza

Unfortunately not Bazza,but I'm sure it does get played at No More Doggin' if this thing I laughingly call my memory isn't deceiving me again..

We do have your recent "want" and JMYTG's recent RA request..but if requested we would have to be sure that the floor on the night is ready for such things... :cheese1:

Oggie.

Edited by Oggie

Unfortunately not Bazza,but I'm sure it does get played at No More Doggin' if this thing I laughingly call my memory isn't deceiving me again..

We do have your recent "want" and JMYTG's recent RA request..but if requested we would have to be sure that the floor on the night is ready for such things... :cheese1:

Oggie.

Get your records packed Oggie and we'll see you in a bit :ohmy:

Steve B

Source Advert