Stolen Record -the New Sounds On Turbo Lp

Thanks a whole lot to the thief who stole my New Sounds lp on Sunday at the Macmerry all-dayer....To say I`m devastated is an understatement. It was the original on Turbo so the chances of another copy comming along is zero....If anybody is offered one of these -please let me know....If who ever has taken it returns it, nothing will be said and the matter will be closed...I only want the lp back.

Whats worse is that I`d sold precious records so that I could afford to buy it, I`m shattered by this act of lowness.So if anybody is offered The New Sounds-" The New Sounds " on Turbo the chances are that it`s my copy.

Please return it safe and sound and nothing will be said.

Devastated!!!!

Andy Dennison

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks a whole lot to the thief who stole my New Sounds lp on Sunday at the Macmerry all-dayer....To say I`m devastated is an understatement. It was the original on Turbo so the chances of another copy comming along is zero....If anybody is offered one of these -please let me know....If who ever has taken it returns it, nothing will be said and the matter will be closed...I only want the lp back.

Whats worse is that I`d sold precious records so that I could afford to buy it, I`m shattered by this act of lowness.So if anybody is offered The New Sounds-" The New Sounds " on Turbo the chances are that it`s my copy.

Devastated!!!!

Andy Dennison

Thats shite!! I had my FREE ANGELA lp stolen at the 'Lifeline' weekender this year. They deserve a good slap!!

Social source share

I would be gutted if that happen to me and my tunes, catch the bastards and give them a good :lol: .......

I had a Daybreak, a Will Collins, Bill Harris, Tavasco, David Sea, Charles Johnson robbed at a party at my house one evening mid 90's - didn't realise for a couple of months - then I heard that somebody had flogged three of those titles up at Lowton aweek before.

It still stops me from sleeping when I remember sometimes.

Social source share

when I hear about things like this, it makes me even more convinced that all the bonhomie, togetherness, right on brother, keep the faith sloganeering on this scene is just a bunch of crap. I have made a lot of friends over the years, but have been let down a few times too. admittedly, there's good & bad everywhere, but the NS scene, for some inexplicable reason (or not so inexplicable) always seems to have attracted a kind of petty criminal class. we all used to cock a wink at rogues who 'did' the chemists and the like, but your common light fingered larry was always on the prowl, taking advantage of a moment's distraction around in record bars & tables etc; I had my prized leather trenchie nicked at st.ives. I wonder where are you now, you loathsome git? I do hope you recover your record andy. I feel for you.

Edited by macca
Social source share

Truly beyond words. I used to have people back at mine early 90's and had Arin Demain on Blue Star and Imagination Fraternity issue nicked.

I would never invite anyone round mine ever again.

Destroys the trust that one has in one's fellow man.

Phil

Social source share

Words fail me with stuff like this, I've had several records go over the years and it hurts still to this day to think someone on the scene could do such a thing, it stinks....I really hope you get this gem of an album back but please if you do really make a fuss and name and shame the scum bag, this is the lowest of the low no question.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Firstly - sorry to hear about this Andy, it's nothing less than the lowest of the low.

This has been happening on and off in Scotland over the years. Can remember Ali Duff having records nicked at the Web for example. That left a bit of a sour taste at the time (to put it mildly). No suggestion from me that it's the same culprit, but I've always thought there's been a problem with this north of the border. It's sad. Maybe it's the same everywhere. I dunno. Just an opinion.

I will keep eyes and ears open.

Hammy

Social source share

Devastated!!!!

Andy Dennison

you just dont expect this to happen when your around friends and fellow soul lovers.

But this for me would result in an assault of the highest order (and i'm by no means a violent man)

We were djing on bank hol sunday and there was probably £10,000+ worth of vinyl behind the decks.

You have my sympathy and i hope you get your L.P. back and the twat is named , shamed and castrated!

Best Of Luck

Daz

Social source share

When things like this happen it unfortunately puts friends and real mates under suspicion as well, I know, because I've been in that position, I later found out that a rather intense chat :shades: with a good mate at a nighter was later brought up when the theft of his records was discussed, he noticed the loss when I made my exit, so naturally, I'm under suspicion, ie:- did I start up the conversion to cause a distraction so the culprit could nick the records.....unbeknownst to me my reputation was on the line, as soon as I found out what happened I assured my friend my intentions that night were true, I was having a good chat with a good friend after a really good night, but even now 10+ years later, sometimes I find myself thinking about that night, and I wonder if sometimes a little doubt crops up in peoples minds ...." Hey, remember that night you got your records nicked, do you ever think Derek could have been involved that night?"......incidents like this aren't just a loss of records, which is bad enough, it reaches out and touches other people by its very underhandedness, when the victim, inevitably, begins to look around and wonder if it could have been a mate, and until the crime is solved and they very rarely are, without realising it the relationship you had with that person has been ever so subtley changed, and all because of some thieving FCUKER......outrageous and a crime against us all.

I ran that moment through my mind later..... the club was closing at the time and people were passing through my vision on their way out, two blokes passed and instead of leaving, my eyes caught the movement as they sat down behind us, I didn't think anything of it at the time of course, it was only later knowing their reputation that I realised the reason they sat where they did, you devious fcukers....I know who you are.

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

When things like this happen it unfortunately puts friends and real mates under suspicion as well, I know, because I've been in that position, I later found out that a rather intense chat :thumbsup: with a good mate at a nighter was later brought up when the theft of his records was discussed, he noticed the loss when I made my exit, so naturally, I'm under suspicion, ie:- did I start up the conversion to cause a distraction so the culprit could nick the records.....unbeknownst to me my reputation was on the line, as soon as I found out what happened I assured my friend my intentions that night were true, I was having a good chat with a good friend after a really good night, but even now 10+ years later, sometimes I find myself thinking about that night, and I wonder if sometimes a little doubt crops up in peoples minds ...." Hey, remember that night you got your records nicked, do you ever think Derek could have been involved that night?"......incidents like this aren't just a loss of records, which is bad enough, it reaches out and touches other people by its very underhandedness, when the victim, inevitably, begins to look around and wonder if it could have been a mate, and until the crime is solved and they very rarely are, without realising it the relationship you had with that person has been ever so subtley changed, and all because of some thieving FCUKER......outrageous and a crime against us all.

I ran that moment through my mind later..... the club was closing at the time and people were passing through my vision on their way out, two blokes passed and instead of leaving, my eyes caught the movement as they sat down behind us, I didn't think anything of it at the time of course, it was only later knowing their reputation that I realised the reason they sat where they did, you devious fcukers....I know who you are.

Just reading this post, reminds me of the time, around 15 years ago I was at Keele

George Sharpe was there with a small box, I had bought some nice stuff off George in the past at Keele, and although we were not what you would consider friends, we recognised each other through previous sales from George, more of an aquaintance type of thing, we just done deals etc

This one night George had a copy of Frankie Karl "You Should O Held On" on Philtown (I think that was the label) anyway we went through the normal proceedure of haggling over the price (£130) with me saying I only had a ton (the normal b****s) although this was true, I knew I could borrow some money of one of my mates who was there, we reached an agreement at £110, at this point I informed George I was just going to meet my mate & get the extra needed for the sale :thumbup:

When I returned , I gave George the money & looked throught his box for the vinyl

You guessed it, It was"nt there, George looked at me and said

"didnt you take it with you"

"Of course I didnt" was my reply, some cnut had only gone and stolen it, in the five or so minutes it had taken me to go borrow the extra cash

I could see by the look on his face, his thoughts were that I had taken it, I then explained, had I taken it, then why did I bother to come back and hand over the money, I was as pi***d off as George about the theft not only for him but selfishly for myself as I had missed out on the record

He asked me for my name and address and said would I if needed be a witness should he decide to report it to the police & like a plonker I did

A few days passed when the phone rang

It was the Staffordshire police constabulary, my name had been put forward as a possible suspect in the theft of a record :lol:

I could not f****n believe it, after explaining the events and telling the officer I had given George the money for the record & if my intension was to steal it why on earth would i go back with the money, he seemed convinced my intensions were of the honest kind, to be frank he seem to find the whole thing rather amusing the thought of someone reporting a record being stolen & secondly someone was prepared to pay so much for it (twat)

When I put the phone down, to say I felt awful is an understatement, the very thought that people would possibly see me as a thief on the Northern Scene made me sick, I fully undrstand why I was a possible suspect, but to know your only intension was to buy the record in the tried and tested manor and your name could possibly be mentioned in the same breath as a thief is the most horrible thing that could happen to me at that time of my life

This is what these parasytic p**cks who do such things dont have to go through they need a f****n good hyding with possible finger amputation, because the law wouldnt be much help to us, maybe get off with a warning or something.

I saw George a while after that & explained the call from the police etc, he apologised for the stress caused but said he didnt have many other options open to him, and as stated I could understand why he may have had reason to suspect me, but when you know it is not you , it still feels like s**t the very thought people may think it is you.

Hope you get your LP back, hope even more you find out who took it, lets rid ourselves of this type of scum.

:lol:

Social source share

Devastated!!!!

Andy Dennison

Hi Andy,

We know how much this album means to you as were in your company at a soul night in Edinburgh earlier this year and you played a track from the album and commented how long you had been chasing the album ,so we know how much it means to you. This behaviour is totally unacceptable!!!!

Andy & Susanne Whitmore

Social source share

Anyone got a picture so we know what to look out for.

The LP was re-issued on P-VINE in 1990. However the cover is a facsimile of the original Turbo release and so without being able to see the record label, or just seeing the cover at a distance will make it hard to spot an original. Nevertheless, if you do get to look at the back cover, the re-issues have

'Manufactured & distributed by Blues Interactions. Inc. Japan. under license from Sugar Hill Records.  U.S.A.  1990'

in small print at the very bottom.

Social source share

The LP was re-issued on P-VINE in 1990. However the cover is a facsimile of the original Turbo release and so without being able to see the record label, or just seeing the cover at a distance will make it hard to spot an original. Nevertheless, if you do get to look at the back cover, the re-issues have

'Manufactured & distributed by Blues Interactions. Inc. Japan. under license from Sugar Hill Records.  U.S.A.  1990'

in small print at the very bottom.

Better sound quality on the reissue. :ohmy: Those All Platinum boys couldn't mix a cake! :lol:

Social source share

Better sound quality on the reissue. :rolleyes: Those All Platinum boys couldn't mix a cake! :D

I thought the P-Vine was taken directly from the Turbo release? The copies I've heard were not different really.

Anyway hope you catch the culprit and he gets what he deserves Andy.

Social source share

I thought the P-Vine was taken directly from the Turbo release? The copies I've heard were not different really.

Hmmm I always thought they cleaned it up somewhat Chalky? That being said not 100% sure, so if you've heard them both side by side I'll bow to your judgment.

Agree on catching the thief.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

...or she!

Good luck. Hope your record's soon back home where it belongs Andy.

Social source share

Andy was saying that the album has a small edge chip and the B side label is slightly faded, he's totally pissed off now and is taking a back seat from the scene for a wee while

Lenny

So sad that Andy feels he has to take a back seat from the scene because of this, still this is enough to push anyone over the edge, just another negative aspect which spoils the very foundation of what the scene should be about, a very sorry state of affairs indeed.

Regards and chin up Andy - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi everybody,

I recieved a phone call today at 12:30 regarding my lp and that it would be returned safe and sound, I believe it`s been a genuine mistake on their part,....I`ll save you on the details and just say thanks to the lad for returning it and to all you guys for the sincere thoughts on this matter....Your posts meant a great deal to me.

thanks to all !!!

very best!!

Andy Dennison

Social source share

Hi everybody,

I recieved a phone call today at 12:30 regarding my lp and that it would be returned safe and sound, I believe it`s been a genuine mistake on their part,....I`ll save you on the details and just say thanks to the lad for returning it and to all you guys for the sincere thoughts on this matter....Your posts meant a great deal to me.

thanks to all !!!

very best!!

Andy Dennison

Thats brilliant news Andy!!! :thumbup: , that will be some weight of your mind mate!

Lenny :thumbup:

Social source share

This is an album that I would really like to hear. I've known about it for a long time but never had the chance to hear it. I like alot of the Turbo stuff and the descriptions on this one is always very praising.

Is the reissue hard to get? I didn't even know that there was one.

Social source share

Hmmm I always thought they cleaned it up somewhat Chalky? That being said not 100% sure, so if you've heard them both side by side I'll bow to your judgment.

Agree on catching the thief.

I'm not 100% myself Steve as like you not heard side by side but remember thinking that upon hearing the re-issue I thought at the time sound was just as bad as the Turbo release and that they could have at least cleaned it up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert