• Replies 23
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brian Ellis

Only cos it's peurile and doesn't acualy make any sense.  :lol:   :lol:   :D   :P   :lol:   :lol:    :lol:

Godz

link

Spill the beans publicly Godz! My copy makes pretty good sense (No Billy you can't have it! :lol: ). I realise it's not necessarily the 'Shakespeare' of all soul lyrics but it still covers the ground of 'young love won' - which is one of the most recurring themes in soul music. He sang this when he was just a teenager and you need to hear it in that context - he never earned a penny from his singing.

And the passion is all there - what a superb voice. Would love to hear him live; Richard Caiton would be a huge pull at a Pretatyn/Fleetwood type of event. If 'I'd like to get near you' is so hard now - after a live appearance it would be hens' teeth.

Brian

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Go on then Godz..

Enlighten me..please

I DARE YOU..

haha :D   :D   :D

the gasher whistling.gif

link

Crikey I wish I'd never opened my Keyboard.

Didn't want to do this in public in case I got accused of being homophobic (which I'm not).

My post wasn't about Mr Caiton but in reply to Gash's sausage comment - I thought he was referring to his own slightly dodgy comment when he said "If anyone will let that one go". as for my reply. Errr....

Put it this way. The sausages for sale where I live would be of little interest to anyone of ANY sexual proclivity...

...Theyre too soft :sleep3::D:D:P:P:D

AAAARRRGGGHHHH....Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Oh Godz  you crack me up :D   :D   :P

I love to make dodgy comments

you homophobe..

the gasher wicked.gif   :D

link

I probably over reacted a bit cos I come across all kinds of prejudice all the time in my job.

Think my PC-ometer kicks in a bit too fast these days :D

If there's one thing I can't stand it's discrimination.

And fcuking scottsmen :D:D:sleep3::P

Godz

Social source share

One of the best soul records ever for me, Andy Whitmore told me that he played this track to Richard Searling years back on a tape(?) in his car. He had picked it up for peanuts (as is usual in this music history)....someone has to get it at shop price.

There seems to be many people who i've met who have really rare records that they picked up as releases through mail order etc, who don't even bother with the "northern/rare soul" scene...........lucky dogs......

Social source share

FCUKING Scottsmen ???

thats entirley up you you .Your sexual preferences

Mind you Im not to fond OF FCUKING ENGLISHMEN EITHER

I prefer women to be perfectly honest.Men just dont do it for me.

good job Im a fcuking Monkey isnt it?

you JOCKOPHOBE

B34...the gasher :D

:D   :D   :lol:   :D   :D   :D

link

I really should engage my head brain instead of relying on that little on half way up my spiny back shouldn't I?

OK gash, you win on points.

But I still have the moral high ground whistling.gif:thumbsup::wicked:

Godz

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

I refuse to take spelling tips from someone that uses commas for apostrophies :lol:

Hey everybody - let's all point and laugh at the eliterate! :yes::yes::lol::no:

Billy :dance:

link

Billy

Try 'apostrophes' and 'illiterate' :yes:

Brian

Social source share

I have it and was wondering out of interest how much you would be prepared to pay to get one. Mine is not really for sale since I like it and only have one copy but everything is for sale, or trade, at the right price so to say.

post-1441-1109253645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I have it and was wondering out of interest how much you would be prepared to pay to get one. Mine is not really for sale since I like it and only have one copy but everything is for sale, or trade, at the right price so to say.

link

Looks lovely! PM me with your best price and I'll work from there.

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

link

As much as like Satins version, i'll still carry a torch for Nate Evans and his version, probably just shading John Edwards .

Social source share

I can't get on with the John Edwards version at all :yes: I know I've said this before, and got shot down in flames for doing so, but I'll say it again.. I think it's very 'poppy' sounding. I love his other stuff "Spread the news" etc., but just don't like this (flip's nice enough though!).

I think out of the other versions, Nate Evans is my least fave and Satin or The Magnetics (unreleased) is my fave.

Can't say I'm too impressed with James Phelps either.... Sounds just like the Nate Evans tcover to me (but again, flip's nice).

Billy :dance:

P.S. Brett when you coming to the Friendship? (remember... biggrin.gif ) Next one's tomorrow (25th) :ohmy:

Social source share