Middleton Civic Niter Sat Sept 15th

• Replies 163
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There are 2 regular record dealers missing this week so have 2 tables still available so if anyones interested give us a bell.Lots of venues on this weekend as usual so this all we could muster this time

SOUL SAM

CARL FORTNUM

JOHN WESTON

BOB HINSLEY

ROBBO

NICK HACKETT

JOHN POOLE

ROB THOMAS

GINGER [sEEN HIM ADVERTISED ELSE WERE ON SAT BUT HE SAYS HE WILL ONLY BE AT MIDDLETON]

KEV ROBERTS

SUE CLAXTON

MARIA WILLINGHAM

JOHN BAXTER

JAYNE CARTER

KIDDO

DOLLY

TIM FLETCHER

TONY HATFIELD

JUMPIN JOAN

JOHN PARKER

JOE DUTTON

HOSS

TED COULSTONE

LINDA COULDSTONE

STEVE HISCOCK

BOB MORRIS

NEIL GIBSON

AND SS VERY OWN MR BEARSOUL

SPINNING ALL THINGS SOULFUL RNB MODERN CROSSOVER EVEN A BIT OF SKA AND REGAE,BUT WERE EVER YOU GO AV A GOOD UN. :D

Edited by Soultown andy

NEEDLESS TO SAY ILL BE THERE TO SEE WIFIE DO HER BIT

AND ALSO HAVE SOME GREAT TUNES 4 SALE AS WERE OFF ON OUR JOLLIES

SO ANY DECENT OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!!

FOR BEER MONEY 4 THE NEXT2 WKS

SEE YOU ALL SAT

P.S.SOUL@SALWICK NXT MONTH WITH ALL THE REGULARS

GUESTS JOHN MAY KENNY BRANSTON OH SHIT I MEAN ONIONS !! :rolleyes: & CAROL MC CARTHY

Edited by GEOFF CLAXTON

My first visit on Saturday

Easy place to find ?

Depends what way you go really Andy, stright up the A1 and onto the M62, J19 is where you wanna come off head for town center then follow signs for civic center.

Or you can cut across up the M1 and along snake pass and hit the M60 east bound and you want J20 off that and follow signs as befor

Plenty of parking round the back of the civic center :rolleyes:

NEEDLESS TO SAY ILL BE THERE TO SEE WIFIE DO HER BIT

AND ALSO HAVE SOME GREAT TUNES 4 SALE AS WERE OFF ON OUR JOLLIES

SO ANY DECENT OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!!

FOR BEER MONEY 4 THE NEXT2 WKS

SEE YOU ALL SAT

P.S.SOUL@SALWICK NXT MONTH WITH ALL THE REGULARS

GUESTS JOHN MAY KENNY BRANSTON OH SHIT I MEAN ONIONS !! :rolleyes: & CAROL MC CARTHY

and a very good bit you,r wifey does indeed geoff, hopefully get there to catch her set!!

Depends what way you go really Andy, stright up the A1 and onto the M62, J19 is where you wanna come off head for town center then follow signs for civic center.

Or you can cut across up the M1 and along snake pass and hit the M60 east bound and you want J20 off that and follow signs as befor

Plenty of parking round the back of the civic center :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help Baz . I know where I am going now , there is nothing worse then spending half the night trying to find it . :D

Heard so much about this place, I've got to give a go :unsure:

After recommendations and good write ups, I'm looking to get to Middleton this weekend...probably, train to Manchester Piccadilly, and then, err......what's the best way from there?....taxi, or bus maybe, if the bus, which one and where would I get it from?.... any info gratefully received.....

On the other hand :D ..... :) , if there's anyone heading north from the Bristol area and has room for a little un, well, that would be really good, and very much appreciated too.....but either way I'm looking forward to the weekend.........

Derek

After recommendations and good write ups, I'm looking to get to Middleton this weekend...probably, train to Manchester Piccadilly, and then, err......what's the best way from there?....taxi, or bus maybe, if the bus, which one and where would I get it from?.... any info gratefully received.....

On the other hand :D ..... :) , if there's anyone heading north from the Bristol area and has room for a little un, well, that would be really good, and very much appreciated too.....but either way I'm looking forward to the weekend.........

Derek

If you are arriving at Piccadilly, go across Manchester to Victoria Station (You can use the Metro) and buy a ticket to Mills Hill. It takes about ten minutes on the train, when you get off the train come down the ramp at the station and you will see the sign for Middleton. You can either get a taxi (Middleton Taxi's 01616431111) or it's about ten fifteen minutes walk from there.

In fact, rather than buying a ticket to Manchester Piccadilly, buy one to Mills Hill, that will save you messing about buying Metro tickets and tickets from Victoria to Mills Hill.

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Guest Tim aka Bob

On the other hand :rolleyes: ..... :thumbsup: , if there's anyone heading north from the Bristol area and has room for a little un, well, that would be really good, and very much appreciated too.....but either way I'm looking forward to the weekend.........

Derek

Gutted can't make this weekend :cheese1: ....otherwise we could have sorted something out, as I'm up and down the M5 loadsa weekends.

Rest of the 'Drifters' from Staffs are going so they may be able to help north of Keele...if that helps...???

Have a gud un!!!

Gutted can't make this weekend :thumbsup: ....otherwise we could have sorted something out, as I'm up and down the M5 loadsa weekends.

Rest of the 'Drifters' from Staffs are going so they may be able to help north of Keele...if that helps...???

Have a gud un!!!

if you end up catching the bus,either the 17(destination rochdale) or the 163 (destination bury) go through middleton bus station,2 minute walk to the civic,hope that helps,unfortunately gonna miss it myself,the dreaded sunday working,sure it's gonna be a cracker :rolleyes:

Mick

Ah bless, how old will Becky be? Are we allowed to buy her birthday drinks? :huh:

Mothers! :thumbsup:

I will be 22. Looking forward to going, seems like I've not been out for absolutley ages!

See you Saturday :unsure:

Mothers! :thumbsup:

I will be 22. Looking forward to going, seems like I've not been out for absolutley ages!

See you Saturday :lol:

She hasnt embarrassed you has she??? :lol:

Catch me at the bar and I'll get you a birthday drink in....see you then :P

Had a pm bout the dance floor in carl and marias room,so just to put minds at rest its the same as last time so anyone looking for somethin a bit different this is the place for you .

The new floor is a great addition to the C.W. suite and as become as much a part of the room as rare soul and lollipops!

We look forward to seeing our regular crew and hope to welcome some first timers. In keeping with tradition Carl has invited four jocks making their debut in C.W. suite.

TONY HATFIELD,JOHN PARKER,KIDDO AND MOLLY will be joining us for the first time,additionally we look forward to the return of JUMPIN' JOAN. TIM FLETCHER, JAYNE CARTER AND RESIDENT JOHN BAXTER.

We will attempt to provide a night of alternative genres in order to compilment the other two rooms.

If any other information about the C.W. suite is required please feel free to contact us.

Til Saturday

Maria and Carl

The new floor is a great addition to the C.W. suite and as become as much a part of the room as rare soul and lollipops!

We look forward to seeing our regular crew and hope to welcome some first timers. In keeping with tradition Carl has invited four jocks making their debut in C.W. suite.

TONY HATFIELD,JOHN PARKER,KIDDO AND MOLLY will be joining us for the first time,additionally we look forward to the return of JUMPIN' JOAN. TIM FLETCHER, JAYNE CARTER AND RESIDENT JOHN BAXTER.

We will attempt to provide a night of alternative genres in order to compilment the other two rooms.

If any other information about the C.W. suite is required please feel free to contact us.

Til Saturday

Maria and Carl

OOPS SORRY 'BOUT THAT IT'S DOLLY NOT MOLLY DJING FOR US. MUST GET A NEW PAIR OF GLASSES.

maria

Guest Matt Male

Can't wait for Saturday and i know you and your team will do the business again Andy, Aqua was a cracking half way point but Middleton is what i've been waiting for :thumbsup:

Any chance a couple of Willie Tee sounds can be spun in tribute to the great man? Maybe John Weston will play 'I'm Having So Much Fun'?

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers Dave 'n' Mick for relevant info :P ......maybe we can work something out for next time TimakaBob....that'd be good....thanks again all.

Now I know what's what, it's looking more and more like it's gonna be a good un....see thi Kenny :rolleyes: .... :thumbsup:

doom and gloom andy,looks like uve dropped down to 200 pound a day,get a bigger trowel,just put my foot down on the nowich dancer she wants take her 2 hamsters for the ride shes having a laugh,ive now landed on earth seee u saturday.

Billy

hot dammit...what the hell you talkin' bout boy...?

you dont need a bigger trowel Billy, you're fine the way you are....and dont let nobody say no different :rolleyes:

and why cant i take my hamsters, hamster boy? and i dont appreciate your feet all over me.....i'm feeling positively faint with all the excitement.

my first nighter as a Driftette - see you guys there! :P

you dont need a bigger trowel Billy, you're fine the way you are....and dont let nobody say no different :P

and why cant i take my hamsters, hamster boy? and i dont appreciate your feet all over me.....i'm feeling positively faint with all the excitement.

my first nighter as a Driftette - see you guys there! thumbsup.gif

ok, someone's got to ask.....Driftette ?

Guest Tim aka Bob

you dont need a bigger trowel Billy, you're fine the way you are....and dont let nobody say no different :lol:

my first nighter as a Driftette - see you guys there! thumbsup.gif

Gutted :lol: can't make this but sure you'll have a crackin nite at Middleton. Me and Craigy will be 'funkin' it up at daughters 18th party. :thumbup:

The Application Form should reach you shortly....but there are some very important questions you need to research and answer before you can even hope to become a Driftette !!!!!! :lol:

1. What year did The Swan win the Summer League Cup Final ?

2. Name of the Calladine's dog?

3. Who were Molly and Ann?

4. Chris Pointon's nick-name?

5, Which pub do the Draycott Drifters frequent in Middleton?

6. Which film did the Draycott Drifters go to see when they left the Leicester (Tiffs?) All-Dayer in 76?

7. Who would you have in your footy team 'Botty' or 'Weary'?

8. How many bottles of Skol Special were taken from The Swan on Bob's Birthday?

9. When did Mick get his Lambretta nicked from ?

10. Who lived up 'The Greaves'

Have a great nite at Middleton....I'm there really!! :P ....up the front!!

Dear TimakaBob,

well....last week Terry and Mick said i was now one of the gang, the first and only Driftette :P

i am currently studying very hard for my Drifter exams, and hope to sit them before Christmas - there is a lot to learn....i only discovered Oatcakes last weekend !

but i am an enthusiastic student so hopefully i'll be able to answer all your questions when i see you next - the Twisted Wheel nighter?

thumbsup.gif

Guest clanger v2

DAMN RIGHT SIR KENNETH !! GONNA OPEN WITH MK FOR YA IN BACKBEAT GROOVATHON YOU KNOW THE ONE !!!!! thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to hearing you Chris, hope to get there early doors :P

The tunes in the Back beat room are just what my ears are crying out for :thumbup:

(that's if they haven't given up the will to live after spending 4 hours in a car with Anton and Ken :lol: )

Dear TimakaBob,

well....last week Terry and Mick said i was now one of the gang, the first and only Driftette :lol:

i am currently studying very hard for my Drifter exams, and hope to sit them before Christmas - there is a lot to learn....i only discovered Oatcakes last weekend !

but i am an enthusiastic student so hopefully i'll be able to answer all your questions when i see you next - the Twisted Wheel nighter?

thumbsup.gif

dear lord in heaven helen!! :thumbup: .....what have you been smoking :P:lol: ??

Am completely lost as well Helen - don't have a clue what you are talking about!

Lindsay cancelled on me StevieT, so shall be driving up on my own. Will be there early at least.

Seeya tomorrow

Perdita

She is such a lightweight wink.gif ..as long as you are there love...bright and early,going to be a good

one :P

Looking forward to hearing you Chris, hope to get there early doors thumbsup.gif

The tunes in the Back beat room are just what my ears are crying out for :lol:

(that's if they haven't given up the will to live after spending 4 hours in a car with Anton and Ken :lol: )

Anton & Ken??,Anton Anton & Anton you mean!! :P 4 hours long rout then :thumbup:

moi ? smoking ? oh no no, gave that up long ago wink.gif

the Dr. just upped the medication thats all - ha ha !

no no, got back from the cultural delights of gay Pari last week and as the song goes "i'm on a natural high" :thumbup:

i do love those oatcakes though.....

see you saturday xxxxx

post-7288-1189766952.jpg

ho he ho!! ma cherie!!...i wil see vou on ze Saturday :P ...P.A.R.T.Y ! why ? cause i just gotta !

Looking forward to hearing you Chris, hope to get there early doors thumbsup.gif

The tunes in the Back beat room are just what my ears are crying out for :thumbup:

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING SOME SERIOUS TIME IN THE BACKBEAT ROOM INSTEAD OF MY USUAL QUICK GROOVE AND CUT IT'S GONNA BE MIGHTY FINE MY FRIEND SAY HELLO !

CPTN M :P

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING SOME SERIOUS TIME IN THE BACKBEAT ROOM INSTEAD OF MY USUAL QUICK GROOVE AND CUT IT'S GONNA BE MIGHTY FINE MY FRIEND SAY HELLO !

CPTN M thumbup.gif

I'll say hello as well, didn't make it to Rugby so will see you here instead. Lookin forward to your tunes, I spend all my time in the backbeat room!

Perdita

Gutted :lol: can't make this but sure you'll have a crackin nite at Middleton. Me and Craigy will be 'funkin' it up at daughters 18th party. :yes:

The Application Form should reach you shortly....but there are some very important questions you need to research and answer before you can even hope to become a Driftette !!!!!! :D

1. What year did The Swan win the Summer League Cup Final ?

2. Name of the Calladine's dog?

3. Who were Molly and Ann?

4. Chris Pointon's nick-name?

5, Which pub do the Draycott Drifters frequent in Middleton?

6. Which film did the Draycott Drifters go to see when they left the Leicester (Tiffs?) All-Dayer in 76?

7. Who would you have in your footy team 'Botty' or 'Weary'?

8. How many bottles of Skol Special were taken from The Swan on Bob's Birthday?

9. When did Mick get his Lambretta nicked from ?

10. Who lived up 'The Greaves'

Have a great nite at Middleton....I'm there really!! :( ....up the front!!

Tim aka Bob,

Still the wrong side of the Trent,Gods side is 100% better (Derbyshire) :no:

Kev :huh: PS I wish I was going :( You Drifters have a great time,keep a eye on Edge :yes:

Edited by good angel

I'll say hello as well, didn't make it to Rugby so will see you here instead. Lookin forward to your tunes, I spend all my time in the backbeat room!

Perdita

please do ! I kept an eye out for ya... but i've put it back in now :no: Be Ace to see ya !!!

cptn m

Edited by bearsoul

Hiya Linda,

countin the minutes down to tomorrow night............will you play Banny Price for me......please, I'll give you a big birthday kiss and hug.

Perdita

Sure will duck....and the Clare sisters too :thumbup:

Guest stash313

Can I just make a comment or rather an observation?

(And this is in no way a slur on the event or Andy McCabe as a promoter)

I see Kev Roberts is on tonight, now usually his name when uttered on here brings grown men and women to foam at the mouth and turns them into a pack of rabid animals. The man is labelled as the devil in disguise and his events are the scurge of the Northern Soul scene.

So why has no one commented on him performing tonight?

Has Mr Roberts had a repreive ?

Just interested like. Hope you all have a good one!

Edited by stash313

Can I just make a comment or rather an observation?

(And this is in no way a slur on the event or Andy McCabe as a promoter)

I see Kev Roberts is on tonight, now usually his name when uttered on here brings grown men and women to foam at the mouth and turns them into a pack of rabid animals. The man is labelled as the devil in disguise and his events are the scurge of the Northern Soul scene.

So why has no one commented on him performing tonight?

Has Mr Roberts had a repreive ?

Just interested like. Hope you all have a good one!

Too busy getting excited about dancing all night in the RnB room to worry about stuff like that!

Will definitely have a good one.

Too busy getting excited about dancing all night in the RnB room to worry about stuff like that!

Will definitely have a good one.

YEH...I DON'T THINK WE'LL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIM VENTURING INTO OUR DOMAIN

SAT SEPT 15TH MIDDLETON CIVIC 3 ROOMS 8 30 PM TILL 7 30 AM

MAIN ROOM

SOUL SAM,CARL FORTNUM,BOB HINSLEY,ROBBO,NICK HACKETT,JOHN WESTON

PLUS GUESTS

ROB THOMAS,JOHN POOLE,GINGER,KEV ROBERTS,SUE CLAXTON

DOWN STAIRS BACKBEAT R N B CLUB

JOE DUTTON,BIG HOSS,TED COULDSTONE,NASHEE AND GUESTS[post TA JOE]

UPSTAIRS CARL AND MARIA WILLINGHAMS CONNISEUR ROOM [post GUESTS TA MARIA]

ONE OF THE UKS BUSIEST RECORD BARS [PLEASE RESERVE TABLE TA]

Only a few hours to go to one of the best nighters in the country and its only 5mins from home :wicked: in case i aint told you before. :g:

Steve