Broughton This Saturday?

Mike

Broughton on this Saturday - info below

anyone doing this and going on to sheridans ?

from event guide:

New feature at Broughton this year (having experimented with it at the Christmas event) will be an exclusive all-North Wales line-up every other month.

So this first one of 2005 features residents Brian Ellis and Soul Sam with Phil Blacknell and Kevin Jones each doing spots in half hour sessions. Guaranteed to hear all Broughton favourites plus big sounds from across the full range of Northern, Modern, Crossover and Motown genres.

Top drawer, plush venue; excellent wooden, sprung dancefloor; superb sound system and beer as cheap as like...and then some!

Progressive music policy with something to please everyone (well almost everyone!!) for most of the time.

Friendly welcome from a great crowd of regulars.

Need more info? Phone Brian on 01978 710689.

Back

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ferrett

Thanks for the 'plug' Mike.  It would be great to see any of the Soul Sourcers crowd at Broughton on Saturday.

Brian

link

The Ferretts were in attendance and had a good night thanks. Haven't been for a while but always enjoy the cheap entry and ridiculously low bar prices when we make it up to Broughton. :thumbsup:

As promised, a great selection of tunes and hardly a spare chair in the place. Oldies/Current nighter sounds/70's/newish releases - a bit of pleasure for everyone!!!

Walked in to Ronnie West's 'Lil' Woman' - one of Mrs F's favourites and great memories from the early 90's when it was covered up as the Soul Fay - still loving that bass line and screaming female backing vocals.

Will definately be back again. Just a shame that it's near neighbour 'The Drunken Monkey' is no more.

BRING BACK THE MONKEY - WE MISS YOU!! thumbsup.gif

The Ferretts & co. (Shrewsbury)

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi Ferrett

Glad you enjoyed it. Really starting to get packed on most nights. As you say cheap entry and even cheaper bar prices. Two of you in and a skin-full for under twenty quid - not bad.

We are always trying to keep the music fresh, but still have to respond to requests and keep the dancefloor happy/busy. I think, overall, most people are happy (I guess they wouldn't come back otherwise?).

I'm not sure just how many Soul Source members actually come to Broughton - perhaps they could put a note on here to identify themselves. But if you haven't already been why not try to make one of them in the next few months - you'd be very welcome.

Mike is a regular and was there last night - I'm sure he'd confirm how good the venue, general atmosphere and music policy is.

Advert over - goodnight!!

Brian

Hi Ferrett

Glad you enjoyed it.  Really starting to get packed on most nights.  As you say cheap entry and even cheaper bar prices.  Two of you in and a skin-full for under twenty quid - not bad. 

We are always trying to keep the music fresh, but still have to respond to requests and keep the dancefloor happy/busy.  I think, overall, most people are happy (I guess they wouldn't come back otherwise?).

I'm not sure just how many Soul Source members actually come to Broughton - perhaps they could put a note on here to identify themselves.  But if you haven't already been why not try to make one of them in the next few months - you'd be very welcome.

Mike is a regular and was there last night - I'm sure he'd confirm how good the venue, general atmosphere and music policy is.

Advert over - goodnight!!

Brian

link

laughing here, nicely worded Brian :sleep3:

yep was a most enjoyable nite, will add more words/info when time allows

north wales types check out details of a friday charity event at Bangor up on site (in next 30 mins)