Petebangor

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've picked up a 7" Sammy Gaha on Bercley,it's a french release dated 76,which would make it the first issue,before the Canadian release on Right On in 77.Anyone got a value on this? Or is it a boot and only worth the 3 Euros I paid for it?

Cheers

Pete

link

Hi there, I take it you are the Pete Roberts who keeps Robin S up to date with new cds???

He mentioned you got a Sammy Gaha, still one of my favorite, what a bizzare history, on a French label as well as a Canadian rip off of a UK label, would love to know more. Cant see it being a boot at that time.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Hi there, I take it you are the Pete Roberts who keeps Robin S up to date with new cds???

He mentioned you got a Sammy Gaha, still one of my favorite, what a bizzare history, on a French label as well as a Canadian rip off of a UK label, would love to know more. Cant see it being a boot at that time.

Cheers

Jock

link

Hi Jocko,

I am the Pete Roberts that does a lot of CD swaps with Robin.

I stumbled across it on a french site for 3 euro's.I was very dubious because I'd only seen copies on Right On.I thought it might have been a different version.But it's the same version as the Right On.I've attached a pic,it's a bit blurred.

I'm beginning to think I've had a nice little find here!

Social source share

Hi Jocko,

I stumbled across it on a french site for 3 euro's.I was very dubious because I'd only seen copies on Right On.I thought it might have been a different version.But it's the same version as the Right On.I've attached a pic,it's a bit blurred.

link

Social source share

Hi Jocko,

link

Hi there, good to meet you, if only virtually, any tips re new new cd's greatly appreciated, have been buying large amounts and the last 6 months the quality has been really good, unlike the start of last year!

I think you have, would love to know the history of this record. Have you ever sen anything else by the artist?

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Hi there, good to meet you, if only virtually, any tips re new new cd's greatly appreciated, have been buying large amounts and the last 6 months the quality has been really good, unlike the start of last year!

I think you have, would love to know the history of this record. Have you ever sen anything else by the artist?

Cheers

Jock

link

pm me jock

will sort you out with some new stuff

cheers

pete

Social source share

This was discussed on another forum, and I think this is further proof that this is indeed the same guy as on Right On! I mean, Sammy Gaha is not the worlds most common name is it, and the link between France and Canada was very obvious already and is now supported even further, don't you think? The record also has a very obvious rock sound to it I think. Absolutely horrible record IMO.

Social source share

This was discussed on another forum, and I think this is further proof that this is indeed the same guy as on Right On! I mean, Sammy Gaha is not the worlds most common name is it, and the link between France and Canada was very obvious already and is now supported even further, don't you think? The record also has a very obvious rock sound to it I think. Absolutely horrible record IMO.

link

Most definitely the same guy.As you say the French/Canadian link confirms it.

Noone has got back to me with a value,or to say that they've even seen another one on the Barclay label.Can I assume it's rare????

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

My word may not count for much but I presume it is rare since I have never heard of it, no one else seems to have heard of it either, and it must surely worth a bit. Who knows if there are more copies in France waiting to be found though?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!