• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Hang on a mo, The Deep top has 2.24 the Deep bottom has 2.29 so dose this mean that he all know the crap short version?

Tony who used to run Harrogate do had a  'deep top' copy, and it deffo had the ending. maybe the 'deep bottom' has an extra bar inthe middle bit, altho' I have found that the times on labels are not always accurate, they may well turn out to be the same! The big note at the end fades to girlie backing singing "You said you love me" for two or three repeats, so that may be slightly extended on the longer one.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Tony who used to run Harrogate do had a 'deep top' copy, and it deffo had the ending. maybe the 'deep bottom' has an extra bar inthe middle bit, altho' I have found that the times on labels are not always accurate, they may well turn out to be the same!

=====

is 'hey boy' on the b-side???

Social source share

I have DEEP DP 001 You said 2..24 with love you can,t you hear on the flip time 2..13

the copy i have the singer holds the note for ages right at the end

on the copy with the Deep at the bottom there is a address 118 chauncey st Brooklyn NY

The label number says TK4M 1696

On my copy with the Deep at the top the label reads DEEP underneath reads Deep Sounds Brooklyn 33 N.Y

label number reads SK4M 1962

Regards Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

There's the obvious like speed but is it also sounds like two different takes and she sounds like she has a strong accent on the You Said as against the Deep, one sounds like it's recorded in your living room and the other in a hall? Food for thought.

The B-side Love You Can't Hear isn't a bad track as well and yes Wiganer Hey Boy is the other b-side. yes.gif

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Social source share

The copy on ebay looks very dodgy to me. It shows number 001 on the You Said side, and shows 003 on the Hey Boy side??????

Very strange. :lol:

I've seen that on records before. Sometimes labels will do the catalog number per the entire record and sometimes it will be per-side. If they reuse the exact side, I've seen the catalog number on a side reused. I didn't think the copy looked fake, plus it at least looks like a reputable seller with high feedback.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!