Pearlean Gray

Bigsoulman

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

IMHO this is one that Manship's got wrong - there's a lighter green issue which I believe has a stamped matrix, and the darker one with the details scratched in. But as far as I can see the pressing plant mark is the same as that found on many Chess and Chicago-related singles, and although this was the one imported in bulk, I've always thought that it's a case of two pressing runs in two cities. Mine came complete with drill-hole, something that didn't normally happen with boots! Not conclusive proof, of course, and I await being shot down in flames... beer.gif

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

I don't think there are any boots, I think there's an unstamped dark green, a stamped dark green then a totally different shade of green which, whenever I've had it, has always come from the South of the States

link

I have an unstamped white demo,bought some years ago in the states.I don't think this is a boot(?)

Social source share

I agree with what has been said, I also believe that one thought to be a boot is actually an original. I got a few copies and they came from a U.S. warehouse that had been untouched since the early 70's or late 60's, so not very likely to be boots and they also look and sound very 'real'.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!