"you've Made Me So Very Happy"

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did the version by Blood,Sweat and Tears ever get played at any venues.....?

link

Somebody said its a world thing n/soul,and with hundreds of different do`s/ nighters how anybody can say its never been played i dont know,i`m sure it as somewere.ken

Social source share

Somebody said its a world thing n/soul,and with hundreds of different do`s/ nighters how anybody can say its never been played i dont know,i`m sure it as somewere.ken

link

Yeah back door, suppose it has, personally love Lou Rawls version than any of the others i know.

Social source share

Yeah back door, suppose it has, personally love Lou Rawls version than any of the others i know.

link

Here we go!!c clark,on weed records,sub of motown,very rare lp track,on the front of said lp,the words all the best artists are on weed?,wish they were might not have all this trouble now,and no i did not inhale??yours.ken

Social source share

Lou Rawls - top. But you have to pitch it to at least plus 4 to stop everyone moaning or going to sleep.

link

Hi Andy mate, i'm not a fan of pitching records faster, i say to hell with people, let's hear the sound as the artists wanted it, and if people don't like it then i for one do not give a "tinkers cuss"..........

ps hopefully see you and your crowd at Prestatyn...think you owe me a drink.... whistling.gif

Social source share

Doubt it very much, it was a sizeable hit single...

link

Yeah Pete, your right but my thinking was that i remember "i love music" getting played at Clifton Hall, just wondered because i like the track, feel it is superior to Brenda Holloways (was it her ?, got it somewhere on Motown ?) but not as good as Lou Rawls. On that point what are there other moderate hit records, that were played in the 70's.

Social source share

Yeah Pete, your right but my thinking was that i remember "i love music" getting played at Clifton Hall, just wondered because i like the track, feel it is superior to Brenda Holloways (was it her ?, got it somewhere on Motown ?) but not as good as Lou Rawls. On that point what are there other moderate hit records, that were played in the 70's.

link

The difference is that when BS&T came out, the records weren't available as imports so you didn't get pre release plays; I remember some of the biggest records at Wigan in 76 were things like Don't Take Away The Music and Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel, Turn The Beat Around, Nine Times...being played a month or so before their UK release...records that if you told someone they used to be monster sounds would probably laugh.

Social source share

Yeah Pete, your right but my thinking was that i remember "i love music" getting played at Clifton Hall, just wondered because i like the track, feel it is superior to Brenda Holloway (was it her ?, got it somewhere on Motown ?) but not as good as Lou Rawls. On that point what are there other moderate hit records, that were played in the 70's.

link

Superior to Brenda Holloway whistling.gif , Now come on Brett, how could anything be superior to the great BH.......

Social source share

Superior to Brenda Holloway whistling.gif , Now come on Brett, how could anything be superior to the great BH.......

link

John in all seriousness i feel the BH is a lightweight version (although it's the original) ,Lisa i haven't heard the Mel Torme version, sounds interesting, think i've got a version by Nancy Wilson somewhere.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!