Lovations, Tony Owens, The Eruptions?

Guest Juddy

I've acquired a bunch of new records lately, and here's just one or two things I've been wonderin'...

Tony Owens - I Can Hear Music - Soulin' - this is one I'm really getting into; has it ever gotten plays? Seems like a good dancer at a kind tempo that people are fairly into at the moment. Plus, it's New Orleans, which gives it Special Added Coolness.

The Lovations - Got two from them recently:

I Don't Want You / Instr., is great, but too slow to play out.

I Can't Forget About You / INstr., also on Cap City, sounds like it would do well on the floor? (At least the sound clip does - record hasn't arrived!) Any spins? Any value in it? (in other words: did I get ripped off vs. bargain?)

Finally, this one I just got today:

The Eruptions - Price of Love / Whispers Gettin' Louder - VAL

Pretty cool, two covers versions of soul classics, hoping it cleans up ok! Is this one known on the scene?

Let the info and opinions roll...

juddy

pittsburgh

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've acquired a bunch of new records lately, and here's just one or two things I've been wonderin'...

Tony Owens - I Can Hear Music - Soulin' - this is one I'm really getting into; has it ever gotten plays? Seems like a good dancer at a kind tempo that people are fairly into at the moment. Plus, it's New Orleans, which gives it Special Added Coolness.

The Lovations - Got two from them recently:

I Don't Want You / Instr., is great, but too slow to play out.

I Can't Forget About You / INstr., also on Cap City, sounds like it would do well on the floor? (At least the sound clip does - record hasn't arrived!) Any spins? Any value in it? (in other words: did I get ripped off vs. bargain?)

Finally, this one I just got today:

The Eruptions - Price of Love / Whispers Gettin' Louder - VAL

Pretty cool, two covers versions of soul classics, hoping it cleans up ok! Is this one known on the scene?

Let the info and opinions roll...

juddy

pittsburgh

Hi Juddy. It's hard to tell if you got ripped off on a record without knowing what you paid for it! None of the lovations 45 are really worth anything except "later baby" which has become expensive recently (it always was the hardest one to find though). Excellent group though, "la la la ooh" is one of my favorite records (actually a philly group, despite recording on a DC label).

You know that Eruptions is Pittsburgh, right? Sam VAL label as the stereos and george goodman and the headliners. That one you got is like a blue-eyed garagey thing.

Social source share

ERUPTIONS PRICE OF LOVE AND WHISPERS IS GREAT PHILLY SOUL AND NICE TO HAVE IN ANYONES BOX IMHO,PRICE IN THE BOOK IS ABOUT £75 QUIDISH,REALLY IS NICE TRACK,ALSO THE LOVATIONS-CANT FORGET BOUT 20 QUISIH BUT YOUR RIGHT A TRACK THAT COULD DO SOMETHING..

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!