Ethics On Uptite

Guest Ferrett

Guest Ferrett

I was going through a great box at Broughton last night, full of obscure looking bits that I didn't know but would have loved to listen to. Sadly, no player available on the night.

Amongst them was an Ethics single on black 'Uptite'. The sleeve described it as mid to uptempo group harmony. Sorry, can't recall the title. Priced at £150 so must be pretty decent or very rare.

Anyone know it? Anyone got a clip they could add to the site?

I'm a big fan of their singles and have all their Vent releases - favourite being 'I want my baby back' (uptempo crossover tune). Just wondered if this would be as good? I would guess by the label design that this Uptite single pre-dates the 'Vent' tracks (1968/69 period).

This is assuming it's the same group of course!!!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was going through a great box at Broughton last night, full of obscure looking bits that I didn't know but would have loved to listen to.  Sadly, no player available on the night.

Amongst them was an Ethics single on black 'Uptite'.  The sleeve described it as mid to uptempo group harmony.  Sorry, can't recall the title.  Priced at £150 so must be pretty decent or very rare.

Anyone know it?  Anyone got a clip they could add to the site? 

I'm a big fan of their singles and have all their Vent releases - favourite being 'I want my baby back' (uptempo crossover tune).  Just wondered if this would be as good?  I would guess by the label design that this Uptite single pre-dates the 'Vent' tracks (1968/69 period). 

This is assuming it's the same group of course!!!

link

Not ringing any bells this one so wouldn't mind knowing more myself thumbsup.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Don't know it but like chalky would love to

love the ethics, my fave = look at me now

link

Looks like this isn't widely know then. Certainly not in the recent Tim Brown price guide. Wish I'd asked more about it on the night at Broughton. :D

Didn't know the record dealer who was seeling it, but saw Chico having a good root through the box as well, so may be he knows who it was. There was only about 4 record dealers there on the night (and one of those was Soul Sam), so it can't be that difficult.

Am I right in thinking that the Ethics had some connection with the Springers? I know both groups had a release on Wale records.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi Ferrett

If it was in a fairly long box with a good number of 3-figure priced items it was Andy Killick.

I haven't got contact details but he has contributed to the forum under the pseudonym 'Donkey' (don't ask!!).

You could 'ferrett' his contact details from the site and PM him perhaps?

HTH

Brian

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Hi Ferrett

If it was in a fairly long box with a good number of 3-figure priced items it was Andy Killick.

I haven't got contact details but he has contributed to the forum under the pseudonym 'Donkey' (don't ask!!).

You could 'ferrett' his contact details from the site and PM him perhaps?

HTH

Brian

link

That sounds like the box yes! Cheers Brian, will do.

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

For those of you that were interested, I've had a word with Andy and it turns out that this is a different group of 'Ethics' and the record is a Mod dancer (so presumably early to mid 60's).

By all accounts very rare (1 or 2 copies known).

Another mystery solved (or should I say Soulved!!) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!