Pilsley 15th Sept

Guest krawen

Well thats another Annesley out the way ,so now on to the 3rd Saturday of the month.

I'm off to Pilsley , as it sells the finest bottled lager in the East Midland :D

Anyone else attending

Steve B :D

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Prey tell us what Lager sir...oh and is the music good too :D or are you lust going for the booze you alkie. :D

The so called lager is "LCL" from the North Easts own Federation Brewery ( got hooked on it one weekend in Sunderland )

And the music is an across the board type policy, top local dj on this month too,

so in answer to your question Big gray........ I'm going for a bit of both, and if it's a hot sweaty night I might get treated by Karen whipping her bra off again in the car :huh:

Steve B

Well thats another Annesley out the way ,so now on to the 3rd Saturday of the month.

I'm off to Pilsley , as it sells the finest bottled lager in the East Midland :thumbup:

Anyone else attending

Steve B :thumbup:

Hi Steve

Well we should be there, could be driving again by the week-end after little op, anyway promised Bazza I would play a little R&B for him so got to keep my promise,should be a good night again Mick Boyle from Nottingham is the guest.

By the way Steve does Karen know what you say on this site about her?

See u Saturday

Barry

Hi Steve

Well we should be there, could be driving again by the week-end after little op, anyway promised Bazza I would play a little R&B for him so got to keep my promise,should be a good night again Mick Boyle from Nottingham is the guest.

See u Saturday

Barry

We have no secrets :thumbup:

Mr and Mrs Bridget will be there of course (Struggling without him as he sets up!! :lol: )

By the way Mr B if you want any German lager have a word with Chris as he`s going to Berlin the following day!!

Don`t forget that tickets are available at Pilsley, Annesley and Bentinck for the NYE do!! (Clothes optional from what I`ve heard!!) ohmy.gif

Sharon

x

Hi Steve

See u Saturday

Barry

Yep ,we will be there, about 8 I would think...bit of R&B ay....looking forward to it ..cya all there

Bazza

Forgot to mention Andy will be doing the 8-9 spot..It really is worth turning up early to hear his set as it is with all who have recently done the `early spot` They play some bang on stuff. C & B aren`t too bad (On a good night!! :ohmy: ) But really looking forward to Mick Boyle...See y`all tomorrow

Mr Brown: I looked for a good review of the famous

LCL Pils but could only find these: (Each to their own though)!!

Pale yellow, fizzy, cardboard and lemonade aroma, plain flour flavour, pretty damn awful

Sweet, lemony and fruity aroma. Thin to medium bodied. Flavor is boring: sweet, mildly hopped and metallic. Boring brew.

Date: Jun 16, 2005

1.7 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 3/102/54/102/56/20

Bottle from a shop in Otterburn on the road to Newcastle. £1.38 for two "That's cheap! " I thought...should have checked the date, BBE Mar 05! Pale, hazy yellow (one bottle has clouds of some sort of sediment in it) Little to recommend it in the way of aroma or flavour..the judges must have been having an off day.

3.1 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 6/104/56/104/511/20

Claiming to be the World's best bottled lager-aren't there rules about saying things like that ! A golden pleasant lager with nothing too bad to say about it but nothing too good either. But a world beater-you cannot be serious!

Date: May 2, 2005

2.2 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 5/103/54/102/58/20

Can from Spar. Golden with a fairly large fluffy white head. Aromas are sweet grain with harsh alcohol considering its 5%. Hops spices redeem it a little. Flavours are sweet grain and very peppery hops. Unbalanced and washed out. Not the "Award Winning" lager that the writing on the can claims.

Edited by bridget

Yep ,we will be there, about 8 I would think...bit of R&B ay....looking forward to it ..cya all there

Bazza

Hi Bazza

Just sorting out tunes to play tonight including a bit of R&B for you, although I will be there not be able to dance just yet still to sore for that and unfortunately Pam still to ill to attend but she is on the mend, looking forward to tonight not been out for a month soulin so really up for it, c u later.

Barry

Edited by BBB

For a brief taster of the type of sounds you can hear tonight go to this link:

https://soultime.mypodcast.com/ Which was Chris on at a Soultime Promotions gig.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page or just go directly to it by clicking on here Chris Cooper DJ Spot

I think Chris is a little more 'adventurous' on home turf however!! :g:

See you later. Equipment nearly in place (Well, will be when Dawn unlocks the doors :wicked: )

Edited by bridget

Hi Bazza

Just sorting out tunes to play tonight including a bit of R&B for you, although I will be there not be able to dance just yet still to sore for that and unfortunately Pam still to ill to attend but she is on the mend, looking forward to tonight not been out for a month soulin so really up for it, c u later.

Barry

Hi Barry..sorry hear about Pam..send her my best wishes....cya later

Bazza

Forgot to mention Andy will be doing the 8-9 spot..It really is worth turning up early to hear his set as it is with all who have recently done the `early spot` They play some bang on stuff. C & B aren`t too bad (On a good night!! :P ) But really looking forward to Mick Boyle...See y`all tomorrow

Mr Brown: I looked for a good review of the famous

LCL Pils but could only find these: (Each to their own though)!!

Pale yellow, fizzy, cardboard and lemonade aroma, plain flour flavour, pretty damn awful

Sweet, lemony and fruity aroma. Thin to medium bodied. Flavor is boring: sweet, mildly hopped and metallic. Boring brew.

Date: Jun 16, 2005

1.7 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 3/102/54/102/56/20

Bottle from a shop in Otterburn on the road to Newcastle. £1.38 for two "That's cheap! " I thought...should have checked the date, BBE Mar 05! Pale, hazy yellow (one bottle has clouds of some sort of sediment in it) Little to recommend it in the way of aroma or flavour..the judges must have been having an off day.

3.1 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 6/104/56/104/511/20

Claiming to be the World's best bottled lager-aren't there rules about saying things like that ! A golden pleasant lager with nothing too bad to say about it but nothing too good either. But a world beater-you cannot be serious!

Date: May 2, 2005

2.2 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall 5/103/54/102/58/20

Can from Spar. Golden with a fairly large fluffy white head. Aromas are sweet grain with harsh alcohol considering its 5%. Hops spices redeem it a little. Flavours are sweet grain and very peppery hops. Unbalanced and washed out. Not the "Award Winning" lager that the writing on the can claims.

I dont care about what the reviews claim :D it works for me and Karen says if it makes me happy shes happy :thumbup:

By the way , it sounds like these reviews have been done by the chin strokers of lager wink.gif

Edited by krawen

Its been a while since we've been able to get to Pilsley for various reasons and tonight is another case - Dean's in Florence and me & Kev are otherwise socially engaged.

Have a good one, see you soon :thumbup:

AAh! We`ll miss you sad.gif have a good night wherever your social diary takes you!

We won`t see you in October at the Attic either; Never mind, our paths will cross somewhere :D

I've heard the M1 is closed between junction 28 & 29 ( radio Derby ) both ways so we are taking the scenic route tonight :thumbup:

Steve B

Edited by krawen