a "best of" cd worth getting - old fashioned RnR

just picked up this cd from work at universal - joe cocker's greatest hits. seriously, i had no idea there were so many songs sung by cocker that i've always loved. except 'You are so beautiful', b/c that one is just legendary. seems like every wedding i've ever attended played that song sometime during the night.

and of course theres 'With a little help from my friends'. i didnt even realize cocker sang that song (i should have known, his voice is so unique). its the same exact version they used as the theme song to the Wonder Years. the beatles wrote it, but i still like cocker's version better. and then theres "Up Where We Belong" and "Feeling Alright". all classics.

so many great songs on this record. and really, there *should* be - the 20 songs cover his best work from '69 to '99. a 30 year career! this is the only record to collect his whole career on one cd. the players and guest singers are really cool too - soooo many cool players on here. its like a game of 6 degrees of seperation: what do led zepplin and joe cocker have in common? Jimmy Page, man! he's playing licks all over the place. especially the lead guitar in 'With a little help from my friends".

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Cocker - I've already warned you once! We've not interested in buyng your CD. Go home!

Think someone's having a laugh. This message has been posted on other forums (no just Soulful ones).

Social source share

No Not doing Modra ... got a Busy one in March..

Djing at PLINSTON and also BISLEY 6th Anniversary ALLNIGHTER.. and going to Prestayn..

But hope to catch up with you soon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!