Ponds Forge

PS-Soul

Can't believe we are the first to post on what was once again a top night at Ponds Forge , shame it's the last :no::no:

Attendance was well up on recent events and more like it used to be.

Between the quality tunes from the residents Tony,Errol,Tony & Mark we had 2 superb guest spots from Steve Mannion and Soul Sam , all DJ's playing totally across the board soul music which is exactly what PF did every month for 7 years.

Dance floor was busy most of the time with something for everyone.

We would like to thank all the guys for all the hard work in organising this event and we only wish it was to continue as Ponds Forge is a great venue and has all the facilities that are required for a great soul night.

Good luck with the new venue from November and we look forward to more of the same and great to see Steve Mannion on board as a resident.

See you all soon

Paul & Sue

:hypo::lol:

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lagerlout

Just landed back home from what can only be discribed as an awsum weekend.

started at the ponds which i love attending and meeting up with the madcap crowd that attend it.the boys went out with a massive bang and the free c.d. was brilliant to listen too.

after my lager fuelled sheffield night/day, i dragged jules to cleggy so all in all a great start to my weekend that finished alright.

had a great time with the attic lads and showed them some new moves id invented on the floor.

mr & mrs lout...

plenty of laffs & soul on friday. good to see all the familiar faces but a shame that shadow didnt make it :)

well done to mark & the boys for the last 7 years!

good luck with the new place!

shane

plenty of laffs & soul on friday. good to see all the familiar faces but a shame that shadow didnt make it :lol:

well done to mark & the boys for the last 7 years!

good luck with the new place!

shane

Great night, good to see everyone, Lagerlout and Brett in great form, pity Shadow disgraced himself again and had to sleep it off in the car laugh.gif Did Shane tell anybody else (repeatedly) about the (ahem) 'pyramid' on the terrace outside ? :D

Playlist, not in order :

James Brown "Lost Someone"

Solid Solution "Think About It Girl"

Melvin Moore "All of A Sudden"

Brenda and The Tabs "Thats In The Past"

San Franciscan TKO's "Make Up Your Mind"

Ascots " Just A Few Feet From The Gutter"

Brand New " Thousand Years"

Edwin Starr " Running Back And Forth"

Creations " A Dream"

Joe Valentine " I Lost The Only Love I Ever Had"

Terri Bryant " Geni"

Sam Williams " Love Slipped Through My Fingers"

Johnny Summers " I Cant Let Go"

Yum Yums * " Gonna Be A Big Thing"

Donna King " Take Me Home"

Lou Ragland " I Travel Alone"

Four Tracks " Like My Love For You"

Carol Anderson * " Sad Girl"

Eloise Laws * " Love Factory"

James Fountain * " Seven Day Lover"

Continental Showstoppers " Not Too Young"

TJ Williams " Baby I Need You"

Yvonne Baker * " You Didn't Say A Word"

Terry Callier " Look At Me Now"

Bobby Womack " Home IS Where The Heart Is"

Quiz question.........................

Which militant crossover dj was seen dancing to the tracks marked with an * (amongst others)? :lol::lol::P

:P

Always forget summat to tek to PF.... camera this time :g::yes: ....

So "borrowing" one of Pete's (lagerlout) for this post (hope OK Pete)....

----------------

Have let the weekend pass by before saying anything as we felt it was up to those who came to have their say first if they chose to....

Anyway.... Mark (Etheridge), Tony (Wiggan) and Errol (Green)....

....would like to say a MASSIVE thank you :P to everyone who attended Ponds Forge last Friday and made the night such a send off for us....

We knew we were going to have a cracker based on all the tickets that had gone out and the ammount reserved on the door.... what we were unsure about was just when people would arrive.... that was soon forgotten as the place had a steady stream of arrivals from just after 8.00pm, and by 9.00pm the bar area was getting busy and the main hall filling nicely....

By about just gone 10.00pm it was good for us to see the place pretty much like is was, and how we think it should be remembered....

For us the night seemed to pass by too quickly and before we knew it PF security were asking us to "make it the last one" at about 2.10am :D ....

We would also like to say a massive thanks to Steve Mannion and Soul Sam :wave: for guesting and doing a sterling job on what was the last night there before we move "Vault of Soul" on to pastures new at a new venue, as Ash mentions in Kiveton Park (just of the M1 @ J31), from November....

I see Steve's managed a playlist but unfortunately for us with the beers flowing, as we were in party mood, I'm not too sure our playlists would be accurate as a bit of guess work would come into play laugh.gif .... sorry about that but I may have a go if I get to speak with Tony and Errol at length between all our shift work over the next couple of days....

I'm not going to list everybody we know and spoke to wishing us well for the future as there's just too many mention.... but you know who you are....

It is a shame things had to end there but the venue was just getting too big (300+ capacity) for what had become a "die hard" crowd of less than the hey days (of well over 200) the last few months due to one thing or another.... quite a few people kept asking why we didn't want to carry on after this night and the simple answer would have been to do so....

BUT we know that the "we'd always be on next month" thoughts of many who chose to spread themselves about at new and other venues throughout the month (stating due to limited finances) would creep back into the equation so it's best we move the night to a more reasonably sized venue (told 200 but we reckon more comfortably on about 130-150 so not shoulder to shoulder) for the ongoing future of "Vault of Soul"....

AND also we're moving from the 2nd Friday to the 2nd Saturday as that had also come into the equation with people saying they often had to work Saturday mornings so picked and chose which Fridays to attend in the past.... especially those that travelled....

So as they say.... all good things must come to an end.....

All in all a very enjoyable night, although emotional for us, to end our time at Ponds Forge with....

THANKS TO ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS :rolleyes: ....

Hoping it will continue at the "new home of Vault of Soul"....

Soulfully.... Mark, Tony and Errol.

Edited by vaultofsouler
Guest lagerlout

I had a brilliant time at Ponds and can say for sure i will be visiting there new venue in november for more vaults of soul with great anticipation, just sort me a B&B boys and im there. :thumbup:

Guest matt tees

Always forget summat to tek to PF.... camera this time ohmy.gifblush.gif ....

----------------

Have let the weekend pass by before saying anything as we felt it was up to those who came to have their say first if they chose to....

....would like to say a MASSIVE thank you :boxing: to everyone who attended Ponds Forge last Friday and made the night such a send off for us....

We knew we were going to have a cracker based on all the tickets that had gone out and the ammount reserved on the door.... what we were unsure about was just when people would arrive.... that was soon forgotten as the place had a steady stream of arrivals from just after 8.00pm, and by 9.00pm the bar area was getting busy and the main hall filling nicely....

By about just gone 10.00pm it was good for us to see the place pretty much like is was, and how we think it should be remembered....

For us the night seemed to pass by too quickly and before we knew it PF security were asking us to "make it the last one" at about 2.10am :lol: ....

We would also like to say a massive thanks to Steve Mannion and Soul Sam :thumbsup: for guesting and doing a sterling job on what was the last night there before we move "Vault of Soul" on to pastures new at a new venue, as Ash mentions in Kiveton Park (just of the M1 @ J31), from November....

I see Steve's managed a playlist but unfortunately for us with the beers flowing, as we were in party mood, I'm not too sure our playlists would be accurate as a bit of guess work would come into play :boxing: .... sorry about that but I may have a go if I get to speak with Tony and Errol at length between all our shift work over the next couple of days....

I'm not going to list everybody we know and spoke to wishing us well for the future as there's just too many mention.... but you know who you are....

It is a shame things had to end there but the venue was just getting too big (300+ capacity) for what had become a "die hard" crowd of less than the hey days (of well over 200) the last few months due to one thing or another.... quite a few people kept asking why we didn't want to carry on after this night and the simple answer would have been to do so....

BUT we know that the "we'd always be on next month" thoughts of many who chose to spread themselves about at new and other venues throughout the month (stating due to limited finances) would creep back into the equation so it's best we move the night to a more reasonably sized venue (told 200 but we reckon more comfortably on about 130-150 so not shoulder to shoulder) for the ongoing future of "Vault of Soul"....

AND also we're moving from the 2nd Friday to the 2nd Saturday as that had also come into the equation with people saying they often had to work Saturday mornings so picked and chose which Fridays to attend in the past.... especially those that travelled....

All in all a very enjoyable night, although emotional for us, to end our time at Ponds Forge with....

THANKS TO ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS :rolleyes: ....

Hi Mark, Tony and Errol well done on 7 fantastic years at Ponds Forge. I will always remember the opportunity to DJ at Ponds Fodge fondly as there was always a very warm and appreciative crowd both very open minded and allowed DJs to play something different. In my opinion, Ponds Forge has always been in my Top 5 of all Soul club visited. Best of luck in your new ventures. Thanks for always looking after me.

I had a brilliant time at Ponds and can say for sure i will be visiting there new venue in november for more vaults of soul with great anticipation, just sort me a B&B boys and im there. :D

Will get you some local B&B details Pete....

Long time no see mark hope the new venue goes well m8 :rolleyes: .

Chers Andy.... hoping so too....

Hi Mark, Tony and Errol well done on 7 fantastic years at Ponds Forge. I will always remember the opportunity to DJ at Ponds Fodge fondly as there was always a very warm and appreciative crowd both very open minded and allowed DJs to play something different. In my opinion, Ponds Forge has always been in my Top 5 of all Soul club visited. Best of luck in your new ventures. Thanks for always looking after me.

Thanks for the kind words Sean.... glad you enjoyed your two visits as guest being able to dig a little deeper in your box....

Always forget summat to tek to PF.... camera this time :thumbup::thumbsup: ....

----------------

....would like to say a MASSIVE thank you :( to everyone who attended Ponds Forge last Friday and made the night such a send off for us....

For us the night seemed to pass by too quickly and before we knew it PF security were asking us to "make it the last one" at about 2.10am :ohmy: ....

We would also like to say a massive thanks to Steve Mannion and Soul Sam :thumbsup: for guesting and doing a sterling job on what was the last night there before we move "Vault of Soul" on to pastures new at a new venue, as Ash mentions in Kiveton Park (just of the M1 @ J31), from November....

I see Steve's managed a playlist but unfortunately for us with the beers flowing, as we were in party mood, I'm not too sure our playlists would be accurate as a bit of guess work would come into play :ohmy: .... sorry about that but I may have a go if I get to speak with Tony and Errol at length between all our shift work over the next couple of days....

THANKS TO ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS thumbsup.gif ....

Sorry I didn`t PM you those photos I took- looks to be only a few that`s any good. I`ll post em to you anyway? Right I`m off to that handbagger`s soul(?) night somewhere in Sheffield. Dunno where. We`re being taken there. Probably against our will you ask? I`ll tell you all later.

Edited by The Soul Intention

Hi Guy's, had all the best intentions to come and support you on the last night but got stuck in the M1 traffic on the way back from work and was cream crackered. I have heard some great reviews, just the type of venue with quality music I like to attend. Errol, keep me posted on your new venue, a saturday is much better for me, see you soon.

mark