soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Anyone have any ideas on availability and price?

I would like one of these! :P

link

Trev the only vinyl format is the 100 club single with Peggy Gaines on the flip, great double sider and quite indemand generally see them for sale at £60+ or "offers" in fact some one was selling the complete set on here a while ago i think, and this was definately amongst the "Offers" section :yes:whistling.gif

John

Ooooops sorry that should read Karen x whistling.gif I'll forget my own head next ........ :P

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

Anyone have any ideas on availability and price?

I would like one of these! whistling.gif

link

I'll play it for you at Soulsville on March 4th. And no, you can't buy it :P

Incidentally, is it just me, or does it sound a bit like Unique Blend at the start???

Dave 'Jamie' Abbott whistling.gif

Social source share

wait... i dont get it? i have the golden soul release and the NZ release with "Acid Lady" on the flip. what is this record you all are talking about?

did you know that the TKOS, while they did a few original tunes, most of the tunes they recorded in the studio were Sly Stone covers. i have a tape of all their recordings. good stuff... Herm works for the Park & Recreation Dept here in San Francisco. regarding other band members; one guy has a barber shop in the hood, another dude works for the electric company and another at the post office. cant find the other people that played with the TKOs.

their drummer was a 12 year old kid. id have to go look through my notes for his name but i think its Eshram or something like that. his mom used to have to come with him to gigs and he could only come on stage to play and then he had to go outside the club during the breaks.

another bit: Herms office has a bunch of old pictures of the group mostly from before they recorded "Ooh Baby" and "Herm".

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

"Make up your mind - San Franciscan TKO's" soundfile is in the very first post. Appologies if i'm mistaken but i was always told that the 100 Club Anniversary 45 was the only official release of this on a 45 whistling.gif

Can you confirm Ady?? I'm sure it was you that mentioned it on an earlier thread on Soul Talk. Great record either way.

Karen x

The group are called San Franciscan TKO's as opposed to San Francisco TKO's on the 45 (printing error??)

Social source share

oh im sure that was the only release... however, being from California i have no idea what the 100 club moments or whatever you called it is? is that some kind of record label or is it like a bootleg or something altogether different?

herm didnt even know the NZ record exsisted. he'll be equally surprised that another tune of his came out as well... anyone have one for cheap? ive gotten him copies of the other two pretty easily but would like to get him a copy of this as well...

that is after Trout gets his copy though please...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

oh im sure that was the only release... however, being from California i have no idea what the 100 club moments or whatever you called it is? is that some kind of record label or is it like a bootleg or something altogether different?

herm didnt even know the NZ record exsisted. he'll be equally surprised that another tune of his came out as well... anyone have one for cheap? ive gotten him copies of the other two pretty easily but would like to get him a copy of this as well...

that is after Trout gets his copy though please...

link

It's Trevski that's after a copy Jinxy :yes: Troutster already has one :Pthumbsup.gif

Basically the single was a free give away to everyone who attended the Anniversary All Nighter at the 100 Club in London (not sure of the year for that one off the top of my head but they do it every year) and i believe that the single was lifted from a Kent CD that also included this track amongst others (again sorry but i don't have the details although i'm sure that there are those here that do whistling.gif )

Because of the 300 or so capacity of the 100 Club the issue run is limited and because of the high demand for many of these singles (especially the ones unavailable elsewhere) the price and collectability increases.

Hope that is a bit clearer :P

Love and Kisses

Karen x

Social source share

yeah i figured the price might be a little high and i didnt realize it was someone else who was after it... erp! thanks for clearing that up...

yeah the ace/kent folk gobbled up all the stuff that (from what i was told) the owner of sonic arts studios had publishing for. they must have gotten some pretty amazing pieces cause that was one of the main studios here in san francisco. its just a huge empty building now...

well, thanks again for the info...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

yeah i figured the price might be a little high and i didnt realize it was someone else who was after it... erp! thanks for clearing that up...

link

Actually mine isn't for sale, and that is part of the problem especially as both sides of this 45 are quite brilliant people generally don't want to sell and the price rises accordingly, actually the £60 tag may well be cheap nowadays i was quoted that when i was looking for one a couple of years ago whistling.gif and i really haven't seen that many come up for sale since thumbsup.gif:P

Social source share

sftkos6uk.th.jpg

dont know how big the picture will be or if youve ever seen this but herm is sitting in front with the sax. at this point in the band (members changed from time to time over the years) there is one chinese guy on the back right that played bass guitar. this was taken pre studio recordings.

Social source share