Northern Soul Bingo

Guest Ferrett

Guest Ferrett

Fed up of hearing the same 100 or so Oldies at your favourite venue?

Why not try Northern Soul Bingo next time you're at an Allnighter.

Simply get a few friends to each draw a grid of six squares by three squares on a piece of paper and then get them each to add the name and title of 18 of their moldiest oldies to the sheet.

As the Oldies DJ works his way through his highly predictable set, you'll shout with glee rather than groan with disappointment as 'classic' after 'classic' pounds from those speakers!

See who can be the first to get all four corners, a line (?!) or the full house.

If you are lucky enough to have a DJ play all 18 of your tracks in a single hour you will win the bonus prize of a free record of your choice from the record dealers bar!

IT'S A SUREFIRE WINNER!!! whistling.gif Gotta be as good as Motownopoly and I'm only charging £40 per set. Ideal early gift for, erm...... Easter - possibly?!?!

Disclaimer: The free record bonus needs to be agreed with record dealers before the game commences and 'Ferrett inc.' accepts no responsibility for any physical injury that may result from you claiming your prize.

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Simply get a few friends to each draw a grid of six squares by three squares on a piece of paper and then get them each to add the name and title of 18 of their moldiest oldies to the sheet.

As the Oldies DJ works his way through his highly predictable set, you'll shout with glee rather than groan with disappointment as 'classic' after 'classic' pounds from those speakers! 

See who can be the first to get all four corners, a line (?!) or the full house.

If you are lucky enough to have a DJ play all 18 of your tracks in a single hour you will win the bonus prize of a free record of your choice from the record dealers bar!

IT'S A SUREFIRE WINNER!!!  whistling.gif Gotta be as good as Motownopoly and I'm only charging £40 per set.  Ideal early gift for, erm...... Easter - possibly?!?!

Disclaimer: The free record bonus needs to be agreed with record dealers before the game commences and 'Ferrett inc.' accepts no responsibility for any physical injury that may result from you claiming your prize.

link

Its okay as long as one certain oldies dj isn't on. Otherwise everybody will be shouting house at the same time. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

BINGO!

It's the future!

I've got some surplus 'northern Soul Bingo' pin badges we had made up for the Sunday Snug I'll donate to your cause if it catches on.

(We have Northern Soul and then Bingo but if you don't mind I'll nick your idea for the next one - you can never have too much Bingo)

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

IT'S A SUREFIRE WINNER!!!  whistling.gif Gotta be as good as Motownopoly and I'm only charging £40 per set.  Ideal early gift for, erm...... Easter - possibly?!?!

link

I'm seriously up for this whistling.gif I'll do anything to stop myself becoming bored at niters -

I hope I get the card with the Vanguards and Carol and Gerri - I'll be quids in :P

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

House could be called on a few rare soul? big name djs also :P its adeep dark secret :yes:

Bingo numbers...I will start you off..

wigans gone  81...

soul source girls  69 whistling.gif   :P

Keep it coming whistling.gif

link

Is 69 the year they were born or does it have more of a sexual overtone :P

Social source share

House could be called on a few rare soul? big name djs also :P its adeep dark secret :yes:

Bingo numbers...I will start you off..

wigans gone  81...

soul source girls  69 whistling.gif   :P

Keep it coming whistling.gif

link

All the eights, me and Pikeys Dog :P

Social source share

Once new a DJ whos set was so predictable that on one occasion he went to the cloak room to "powder his nose" and stayed a little to long. When he came back the audience had put the next track on for him, he asked "how did you know i was going to put this on?", to which the reply was........................"because you always do!" whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

No sexual thoughts in my head whistling.gif i have counted 69 girls on soul source :P

link

You've COURTED 69 girls on Soul Source - You've been busy whistling.gif

Social source share

Once new a DJ whos set was so predictable that on one occasion he went to the cloak room to "powder his nose" and stayed a little to long. When he came back the audience had put the next track on for him, he asked "how did you know i was going to put this on?", to which the reply was........................"because you always do!" whistling.gif

link

At the Ritz a few years back a big name :P dj said"some think i'm a wedding dj,i don't care because i always keep the floor full" Cant name names whistling.gif

I'm waiting for the dj who says.."Really glad to be here have you all got you're pens ready" :P:yes:

Social source share

IT'S A SUREFIRE WINNER!!!  :yes: Gotta be as good as Motownopoly and I'm only charging £40 per set.  Ideal early gift for, erm...... Easter - possibly?!?!

link

Looks like i'll be in Mr Feltons company for a fair share of the weekend......always liked bingo. :yes:

Social source share

the trouble is ferret theres that many returnees back into northern hear in the east midlands.They only know the top 100 hundred oldies..AND are not prepared to listen to the other several thousand quality tunes that are in djs boxes. :search:

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

the trouble is ferret theres that many returnees back into northern hear in the east midlands.They only know the top 100 hundred oldies..AND are not prepared to listen to the other several thousand quality tunes that are in djs boxes. :search:

link

Yes, depressingly familiar Shrine. :lol:

But let's face it, they've been away from the scene for TOO LONG and this music is ours now, not theirs.

That's the punishment for non attendance I'm afraid. Those regular attendees get to dictate what is played! - GIVE UM THE NEWIES and tell um you don't give a stuff that it wasn't played at Wigan/Torch/Twisted Wheel etc. :yes:

Oh, by the way, before they walk out of your venue in a huff, see if you can flog them a set of Northern Soul Bingo by Ferrett Inc. at £40 (£79 for two sets) :yes:

Edited by Ferrett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!