Pete S

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Could anyone possibly send me an mp3 of Marvin gaye - It's a bitter pill to have to swallow?  It's an lp track off the album MPG.  Much apprciated

cheers

pete

link

Nice track , Think its just off a self titled album - Little Stevie's got one if its the same one

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Nice track , Think its just off a self titled album -  Little Stevie's got one if its the same one

link

The album is called MPG - You can get a soundfile via yahoo music

Social source share

Could anyone possibly send me an mp3 of Marvin gaye - It's a bitter pill to have to swallow?  It's an lp track off the album MPG.  Much apprciated

cheers

pete

link

Pete, if ya aint got one yet, I can ratch out album an do ya one! let me know...

fantastic LP that, so many goodies on it... big fav is "Only A Lonely Man Would Know" :yes:

MPG = Marvin Pentz Gay... self titled as ya sez! :yes:

steve

Social source share

Yeah it is Joe, it's called M.P.G.  :lol:

Great track which used to be played by Russ at Wigan.

I'm going to revive it if no-one else has already  :yes:

link

Good stuff,

Saus has been playing it on and off at the Wilton for years - he used to play it back to back with Chuck's 'Have you heard about the fool' :yes:

Social source share

Reactivated during the early days of Bretby, mind you that was 10 years ago now, hammered it we did, always went down well. As has already been said the whole LP is fantastic, so many great tracks on one lp.

Chris.

PS, Was it played a lot at Wigan, or just the one spin? Never heard that before.....

link

It was always played during Russ's first spot which would have been 12.30 to 2am I think, having said that I only ever heard it there maybe 3 times so it was dropped pretty rapidly...think I have it on tape from one night there

Social source share

Does the MPG LP exist on a mono pressing on US Tamla? I think it would be strange if it did not but I have never seen a mono one, nor have anyone been able to confirm it exists. Anyone know for sure? The "Bitter Pill" track can be heard at soulclub as well.

Social source share

If you still need a good MP3 let me know and I'll send one tomorrow. It will be the Stereo one though. I guess one can convert it to mono and put it on dub plate and play it off that, but still better to get a proper mono LP, if there is one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!