Best Dj Opener @ A Northern Soul Night

soulster22

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can you think of a better opener for a Dj to play to a dance floor to get things moving than the Charades - Key to my happiness.The record just builds and builds and has everything imo.what have you got to compare?

Answers on a postcard gentlemen please :lol:

Regards Soulster22 :yes:   :yes:   :lol:

link

Candy man,Sammy d junior,MGM. for me.ken

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

link

ON ITS ON PETE - Did you get your soundfile for Marvin, album is quite easy to come by I think

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Jesus i need help; replying to my own post !

I have no idea what this icon stands for , but it works on so many levels.

link

I reckon its a negative response Brett, I'll go for being bored -

Social source share

Ozz & Spearlings  -  Can you qualify

link

Come on Rich, i'll have to go and dig that swine of a tune out now..............and i'm drinking beer and hitting these foul keys like a nerve rattling geek with string warts and 6 cross-purpose facial tics going strong.......

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

link

Hi pete..... I played Roy Hamilton...Panic is on, at The Greatstone Manchester last saturday night, as usual it went down a storm. One guy came up to the decks after I played it, and he asked who it was cause he didn't know it, he thought it was one of the best records he'd ever heard..... :yes:

Social source share

===========

Would be an absolute waste of a great record, as right at the beginning of the night, the first priority of most is to get a beer :yes:

link

Who said owt about beginning of night, just said beginning of set, or have I read it wrong :yes: Those that have a copy of this highly unlikely to be on first anyhow :lol:

Anyway you don't drink, it's blackcurrant and water, or was last time I bought you one!

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Hi pete..... I played Roy Hamilton...Panic is on, at The Greatstone Manchester last saturday night, as usual it went down a storm.  One guy came up to the decks after I played it, and he asked who it was cause he didn't know it, he thought it was one of the best records he'd ever heard..... :yes:

link

You've never seen me say it's a bad record John, this thread was about records to start a set off with and as everyone chose an uptempo stormer I was having a JOKE by saying Roy Hamilton...

Social source share

It's also the 'hardest' avatar...people know you mean business when you use greynone

link

Think what i like most is the term.....Greynone.........

It's scared the living hell out of of me, first time i saw it, still get a bad case of the soaking sweats upon its foul reappearence....not to mention the bouts of chronic bed-wetting.......

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Hi pete..... I played Roy Hamilton...Panic is on, at The Greatstone Manchester last saturday night, as usual it went down a storm.  One guy came up to the decks after I played it, and he asked who it was cause he didn't know it, he thought it was one of the best records he'd ever heard..... :yes:

link

One from me all time top ten! Love "Panic Is On" by mr "golden voice" :yes: .... av ya flipped it for his blinding version of "There She Is"?... knocks Baby Washington's vers. for six IMHO

Steve

Social source share

Can you think of a better opener for a Dj to play to a dance floor to get things moving than the Charades - Key to my happiness.The record just builds and builds and has everything imo.what have you got to compare?

Answers on a postcard gentlemen please :yes:

Regards Soulster22 :yes:   :lol:   :lol:

link

Run run run Jim Gilstrap

Social source share

Who said owt about beginning of night, just said beginning of set, or have I read it wrong  :yes:   Those that have a copy of this highly unlikely to be on first anyhow  :lol:

Anyway you don't drink, it's blackcurrant and water, or was last time I bought you one!

link

=======

Think I read it wrong, thought it was first thing at night....so agree with you about mello souls. No still don't drink, was thinking of others who make for the bar rather than the floor :yes:

Best say here and now, the above is aimed at no one in particular, just a generalisation on my part :lol:

Social source share

=======

Think I read it wrong, thought it was first thing at night....so agree with you about mello souls. No still don't drink, was thinking of others who make for the bar rather than the floor  :D

Best say here and now, the above is aimed at no one in particular, just a generalisation on my part :lol:

link

Winnie that is unacceptable..it must be aimed at someone.blah/blah :yes::yes::yes::lol::no::P

Social source share

Who said owt about beginning of night, just said beginning of set, or have I read it wrong  :yes:   Those that have a copy of this highly unlikely to be on first anyhow  :lol:

link

Chalkie is right there.i,m talking about you as a Dj playing to a crowd that you don,t know.What Track do you start with (obviously later in the night as you guys are all top hombres)still can,t beat the Charades :yes::yes::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!