Mak

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Where you been matey?, its the B side of The Capitols Cool Jerk, she does a decent job of it tho wink.gif

link

One of the best b sides goin may I add,

Barbara Lewis also does a nice version

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

One of the best b sides goin may I add, 

Barbara Lewis also does a nice version

link

I should think she did she wrote it and is the one who is known for it :lol: we currently play a lovely version by Darius on Chartmaker that Ali has mentioned on here before which is quite delightful and propbably my favourite version at the moment :shades::lol:

Social source share

As for Queen Latifah, some of my favorites by her are "Wrath of My Madness", "The Evil that Men do, and "Princess of the Posse". I really rate her early rap sides, so I'd be curious to hear her singing. She's really come a long way since 1988.

"Hello Stranger" is a great song and I usually like every version. There is a nice version by Carrie Lucas from 1985 on Constellation/MCA and one of my favorites is the Alpha Zoe version on HIT. I included it on my midtempo swap CD.

JOT-I'd like to hear the version you and Ali are playing.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

I should think she did she wrote it and is the one who is known for it  :shades: we currently play a lovely version by Darius on Chartmaker that Ali has mentioned on here before which is quite delightful and propbably my favourite version at the moment  :lol:   :shades:

link

My favorite version of this is a Reggae version by Frankie Zhivago Young. Pure bliss, with the best brass arrangement ever on vinyl. (in my opinion). Taken from his LP with " Somebody Stole My Love" on. :)

Social source share

I like her "hard times "track she sings almost the same as the vocalist on Dr Buzzards real savanah bands stuff.Which I would love to hear "I 'll play the fool"played out again.In fact Ive just dug it out and it sounds great

Adam

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

As for Queen Latifah, some of my favorites by her are "Wrath of My Madness", "The Evil that Men do, and "Princess of the Posse". I really rate her early rap sides, so I'd be curious to hear her singing. She's really come a long way since 1988.

"Hello Stranger" is a great song and I usually like every version. There is a nice version by Carrie Lucas from 1985 on Constellation/MCA and one of my favorites is the Alpha Zoe version on HIT. I included it on my midtempo swap CD.

JOT-I'd like to hear the version you and Ali are playing.

KTF

Jas

link

We could send you an MP3 if you like Jas ? give me a few hours and i'll do it when i get home.

Karen x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!