Spanner

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

YES AT LAST FOLKS MANSHIP IS RELEASING  english record price guide  ,and it is only a guide so dont get on your high horses folks ,hopefully be out in 6 weeks

spanner :lol:   :shades:   :lol:   :lol:

link

Be interesting to see how it compares with "Record Collectors " guide.

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

Be interesting to see how it compares with "Record Collectors " guide.

link

id love to buy some of the uk soul 45s at record collectors price guides...

Social source share

...And please Spanner..its British..not English thumbsup.gif

link

Bet it wont have all the irish stuff in it,all them nice black t/motown irish things,and i have heard there is a irish press of sue lynn,English for me?the rest are european,another case of the british thinkin`it owns the world,is there any falkland island pressin`s out there let me know,got a nice record from british columbia,will this be included,in a british listin` proberly not,ken :thumbsup:

Social source share

Bet it wont have all the irish stuff in it,all them nice black t/motown irish things,and i have heard there is a irish press of sue lynn,English for me?the rest are european,another case of the british thinkin`it owns the world,is there any falkland island pressin`s out there let me know,got a nice record from british columbia,will this be included,in a british listin` proberly not,ken :lol:

link

QUE? blush.gif

Social source share

Obviously dont speak the lingo then!a few english lessons for you then?,ken :lol:

link

Oh I speak the lingo allright, do you?, i've never heard anyone in 30 years of collecting records saying "any english", so spare me all your cobblers about the Falkland Islands ect Kenny boy, and with a surname like yours you should be backing me up, not having a dig blush.gif

Social source share

Oh I speak the lingo allright, do you?, i've never heard anyone in 30 years of collecting records saying "any english", so spare me all your cobblers about the Falkland Islands ect Kenny boy, and with a surname like yours you should be backing me up, not having a dig whistling.gif

link

Obviously not talkin` to the right people,not havin` a dig,just statin`the obvious,whats wrong with my surname,least i got one (Bigsoulman) :lol:

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

Nowt wrong with your surname Kenneth my boy, but I like to keep it a big secret who I am! :lol: , question is, are you gonna buy the guide? whistling.gif

link

Deffo not,wait for second release and then beg somebodys old one of em!,you gonna` buy one then?.yours ken.

Social source share

Deffo not,wait for second release and then beg somebodys old one of em!,you gonna` buy one then?.yours ken.

link

Dunno yet, I was a bit dissapointed in his last US guide, i'm a bit of an anorak and like to see label scans, makes it all the more interesting particularly British releases, what I should have done with the US guide was wait to see Tim Brown's version which i'm told is superior and has sensible pricing whistling.gif

Social source share

Dunno yet, I was a bit dissapointed in his last US guide, i'm a bit of an anorak and like to see label scans, makes it all the more interesting particularly British releases, what I should have done with the US guide was wait to see Tim Brown's version which i'm told is superior and has sensible pricing whistling.gif

link

You need tims for buyin`,and the other for sellin`,this brit/english thing what happend to the UK?ken

Social source share

• 2 months later...

YES AT LAST FOLKS MANSHIP IS RELEASING  english record price guide  ,and it is only a guide so dont get on your high horses folks ,hopefully be out in 6 weeks

spanner :yes:   :lol:   :P   :yes:

link

just been on the phone no quiet ready yet .to much try ing sort all there new collections aquired ,loads and loads ,

span :lol::lol:

post-1548-1114723976.gif

Social source share

I heard this too - on Emerald apparantly though I have never seen a copy myself.

link

Bought English demo for 5p,about 4 years back the lad said he had picture sleeve for this,but i was shakin`and just had too get away fast so took me booty and ran!,along with this i got her other thing Bang bang bang,English demo what a pile of shite,you know which i have,but did get £300 for dont pity me,and another £300 for 2 other English things of the same lad,and he would not take £10 for the charaty he was selling for,just said i bought these at woolies in the 70s and didnt cost him anything 35p/40p and the likes,and he was collecting for NSPCA,if it makes him feel better spent more than £600 on my cats since then,i have heard there is irish copy and still lookin. :yes:

Social source share

Thanks Pete, I was wondering why I had never seen one in twenty eight years.

An urban myth then.

link

I don't know where that rumor came from, Emerald was a decca label so why would an RCA recording come out on there anyway?

Anyone remember the Irish only version of "Waterfall" by Dickie Rock on UA?

Rubbish wasn't it?

Social source share

Bet it wont have all the irish stuff in it,all them nice black t/motown irish things,and i have heard there is a irish press of sue lynn,English for me?the rest are european,another case of the british thinkin`it owns the world,is there any falkland island pressin`s out there let me know,got a nice record from british columbia,will this be included,in a british listin` proberly not,ken thumbsup.gif

link

There's "DO THE PENQUIN" by The SQUADIES

on the Falkland Label CHERISH

:shades:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!