Driza Bone

Guest miff

Now i no i dont get out much so maybe missed this, heard it on the radio & ive never heard it before. Its just ace, whistling.gif Did Or dose it get played out. Gonna get get me a copy so if some ones got one to sell let me know :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lifeandsoul

Dee Heron the singer on this is currently working on an album but I know she is rehearsing this song for inclusion in her live set, together with Total Satisfaction

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Now i no i dont get out much so maybe missed this, heard it on the radio & ive never heard it before. Its just ace,  :shades: Did Or dose it get played out. Gonna get get me a copy so if some ones got one to sell let me know :lol:

link

this was actually a top 20 hit back in the early 90's pop pickers :lol: and yes i agree much better than 'pressure' :lol:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Guest wrighty

Are you talking about real love?? I give that some hammer in the mid 90s(the record i mean) and it was a big tune for the dancefloor...Does the 12 inch go for much now??

link

yeah a top 20 hit alright, back in 91 if my memory serves me correctly :shades:

a woolies 50p bargain bucket special but wot a tune :lol:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Are you talking about real love?? I give that some hammer in the mid 90s(the record i mean) and it was a big tune for the dancefloor...Does the 12 inch go for much now??

link

It was going for about £100 a couple of years ago, JM has had one a couple up for auction. :lol:

I think it's back down to a few quid now. :shades:

Worth picking up the LP, not a duff track on it

Social source share

It was going for about £100 a couple of years ago, JM has had one a couple up for auction.  :lol:

I think it's back down to a few quid now. :lol:

link

Hope so just got it for a fiver :lol: Thanks Mischief :shades::lol:

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

When first released the singer was Shanice.  That one was quickly withdrawn.

link

is that right? The original demo singer for Driza was sophie jones but I still thought dee heron was on the orig proper release, though Shanice was being remixed by them at about the same time.

Social source share

Dee Heron the singer on this is currently working on an album but I  know she is rehearsing this song for inclusion in her live set, together with Total Satisfaction

link

On the album Kimberley Peer is credited as lead singer. :shades:

Another track worth a listen is Don't U Want Me :lol:

Social source share

is that right?  The original demo singer for Driza was sophie jones but I still thought dee heron was on the orig proper release, though Shanice was being remixed by them at about the same time.

link

I'm not 100% as notes are buried somewhere. The copy I have is the very first release which like I said was quickly withdrawn if I remember rightly. I did get the later release and was a different lead. Will try and find notes, grey matter not what it was :lol:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Kymberley Peer did a lot of the lead vocals onn the Conspiracy CD/Lp.  This was also withdrawn if I remember rightly.

link

i finally found a copy of the album and am waiting for the german fella to post me it ...looking forward to it

Davie

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Picked the cd up for 50p or summat like that years ago in a bargain bin in a cd shop in one of the McArthur Glen retail sites  :lol:

link

it's not the cd i'm waiting for ...it's the ltd edition vinyl copy

Davie

Social source share

It was going for about £100 a couple of years ago, JM has had one a couple up for auction.  :lol:

I think it's back down to a few quid now. :shades:

link

Wasn't that the 7" of Pressure he auctioned that went silly,£120 or something like that,he also asks quite a lot for the Pressure 12" with 6 mixes in the gatefold sleeve.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

the cds are limited edition as are the first prss of 45, both withdrawn as far as I'm aware

link

it's weird actually ...but when buying modern tracks i don't put any stock into whether it's original or not ...i really don't know why that is ..

oh and i don't do cd's ..(well not very often anyway)

Davie

Social source share

Wasn't that  the 7" of Pressure he auctioned that went silly,£120 or something like that,he also asks quite a lot for the Pressure 12" with 6 mixes in the gatefold sleeve.

Cheers

Pete

link

Neil Rushton was practically giving them away not so long ago, 12 inch ones, £15. I sold a 7" for $204 on e-bay :lol::shades:

Social source share

it's weird actually ...but when buying modern tracks i don't put any stock into whether it's original or not ...i really don't know why that is ..

oh and i don't do cd's ..(well not very often anyway)

Davie

link

The one i just got is a 7 inch on 4th & broadway as this is the same as "preasure"

I assumed it was the original ? . While were on the subject whats "preasure going for now ? ive got it on a 12 incher but heard the 7 inch was fetching the £100 pound mark

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

The one i just got is a 7 inch on 4th & broadway as this is the same as "preasure"

I assumed it was the original ? . While were on the subject whats "preasure going for now ? ive got it on a 12 incher but heard the 7 inch was fetching the £100 pound mark

link

i saw one in a sales box for £90 ...i got one 2 weeks back for £3.60 :shades:

Davie

Social source share

link

i saw one in a sales box for £90 ...i got one 2 weeks back for £3.60  :shades:

Davie

link

Bargain by todays standards but if we are all honest it ain't worth much more, Pressure is hardly a rarity by anyones standards.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Bargain by todays standards but if we are all honest it ain't worth much more, Pressure is hardly a rarity by anyones standards.

link

very true ...but unfortunately it's not the only record we can level that at ...

Davie

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Come on people none of them are rare nice enough records but really :shades: Personally i prefer "Brightest Star" but that's just me :shades:

Karen Binty Crane

Social source share

Tom Moulton has just mixed a new version of "Real Love" by Jacqui Williams for Real Side. If anyone is after any of the Drizabone 12's just let me know off site - I think I have got spare copies left from the stock I got from the band.

The real rarities are the acetates of the album and the 12's done by the record company for approval before the manufacturing took place - I managed to get a set of each of these and am hanging on to them.

Best Drizabone release is surely "Brightest Star"?

Neil

Social source share

It was a big tune for us in the 'Modern' :ohmy: Room at Bradford Queens Hall around '91 or so.

They visited the shop on their promo tour for 'Real Love' and according to her, it was Dee on vocals.

The 'Pressure' situation, price-wise, is just ridiculous - really.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Best  Drizabone release is surely "Brightest Star"?

Neil

link

You'll do for me Neil :ohmy:

And it's about time JW (great voice and really nice with it) had a decent production behind her it's the one thing that has let her stuff down IMO new material wouldn't hurt either but first things first :yes:

John

Social source share

Tom Moulton has just mixed a new version of "Real Love" by Jacqui Williams for Real Side.

Richard Searling played it once on his show. 100% bouncy castle shite. Best Drizabone tune is 'A Woman & A Man' featuring Chris Ballin.

Imvfho of course! :ohmy:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Richard Searling played it once on his show.  100% bouncy castle shite.  Best Drizabone tune is 'A Woman & A Man' featuring Chris Ballin.

Imvfho of course!  :yes:

Cheers

Roger

link

Yes but you would bear Chris Ballin's love child you perv so your opinion doesn't count :ohmy:biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Karen x

Social source share

Yes but you would bear Chris Ballin's love child you perv so your opinion doesn't count  :ohmy:   :yes:   biggrin.gif

Karen x

link

My this is confusing. Mildly amusing but confusing. biggrin.gif

What does SSCDT stand for?

Social source share

Vince Garcia is the producer and creator of Drizabone. Recalling what he told me the original singer was Sophie Jones who recorded "Real Love" as a bit of a tester for him - Vinny was working as a painter and decorator or something at the time and just had an idea for making a record. His then wife worked at a music publishing company and arranged to get a few hundred records made. They came out and nothing happened...Vinny remembers seeing copies at 50p each in some shops.

Then the record got picked up by a few London DJ's and the demand built up and the big labels wanted to sign Drizabone - so he ended up doing a deal with Island/4th & Broadway for a big advance and decided to use Dee Heron as the vocalist.

When we had Drizabone performing at the Trentham all-nighters Vinny turned up and was happily talking to everybody, he was fascinated by the idea of unreleased Motown recordings from the 60's surfacing years later and being played!

He recently mixed an Afro Angel record on suSU for us and is a top bloke. If you go and see him in the studio he has got all the 2" masters for tracks like "Funkin' For Jamaica" - Tom Browne that Drizabone remixed in their heyday.

Neil

Social source share

Has anyone else noticed that once a tune crosses that little corridor between the Modern and main room,the price goes up 500%!

Cheers

Pete

link

I HOPE SO LOOKS LIKE I'M GONNA GET RICH QUICK

Social source share

Neil, why did he only produce one LP ?

That, and Soul to Soul's first LP, were for me anyway, the top two LP's of the 90's wave.gif

link

There was a difference of opinion between Vinny and Island about how much the advance for the second album should be!

Neil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!