Driza Bone

Guest miff

Heard 'Real Love' in Lowton one night and went out and bought the Conspiracy CD, WRONG VERSION!! It had some crappy rap break in it, instead of the instrumental break on the 7 inch, about a month later I spotted a 12inch on Ebay with 4 different cuts on it, so I guessed one of them must have been the right one. WRONG!!! One crap rap break, some funk thing, a house version and something else, I still haven't managed to get the one I want. :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All this talk of Driza Bone... just played it while ironing my shirt for tonght (Bisley) excellent...

Also just played :- "I NEED YOUR LOVE" - CLYDENE JACKSON...

Can anyone tell me what label the originals on as i've got it on the "soul hq (jay boy - box set) and also how much?

Many thanks

Mischief

Social source share

Mine turned up this morning , Only heard it with the rap brake in, Its got the inst on b side with no rap brake and sounds good to me :yes:

link

Does your copy have the matrix number as 12BRW 223,?, mine has and its got about 10 seconds of talk, hardly rap, towards the end of it, i've had this 12" since 91 and have always rated it, in fact i've got two copies of it, one being mint the other vg++ :yes:

Edited by BIGSOULMAN
Social source share

All this talk of Driza Bone... just played it while ironing my shirt for tonght (Bisley) excellent...

Also just played :- "I NEED YOUR LOVE" - CLYDENE JACKSON...

Can anyone tell me what label the originals on as i've got it on the "soul hq (jay boy - box set) and also how much?

Many thanks

Mischief

link

Dunno if it was on a seven? I've got the album upstairs, I think it's on Crossover, but I'd have to check to confirm. Last one I saw for sale, just recently actually, was £100.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Does your copy have the matrix number as 12BRW 223,?, mine has and its got about 10 seconds of talk, hardly rap, towards the end of it, i've had this 12" since 91 and have always rated it, in fact i've got two copies of it, one being mint the other vg++ :yes:

link

Hears a scan

Social source share

The genuine "first" copy was a white label 12" containing short and long versions (labels reversed) with the artist and title stamped on in red, catalogue number BIN 1, and the directive "Eat more cheese" scratched in the runout. Honest! It was sent out by the publishers, based at EMI in Manchester Square, with a personalised letter from Robert Blenman who worked there and was a top guy. That's the one with the best vocals as far as I'm concerned- and it was certainly big on the "urban" circuit in 1990. Well, it was for me, anyway!

Jerry.

Social source share

My 45 doesnt look like the one above..... its an Island label with small 4th and Broadway logo....... silver printed......

WOOF!

link

I have the album but have just found a 12" of Catch The Fire with Real Love (up all night mix) on the B side. I will play it at the end of this Saturday's show just in case any of my regulars are offended whistling.gif

Social source share

The original of Clydene Jackson is on Ray Charles' Crossover label. It's an album track only. The lp is entitled "Fresh." This was a classic 'cut-out' album for much of the 80s and 90s. I think I lost count of the amount of times I saw this album in deletion-racks over the years before I bought a copy.

I would say £100 is far too much to pay for it. Check websites of European dealers who sell jazz and funk. They seem to be unswayed by Northern Soul interest and price the record at a far more realistic 30-50.

Social source share

Guest dodger

The original of Clydene Jackson is on Ray Charles' Crossover label. It's an album track only. The lp is entitled "Fresh." This was a classic 'cut-out' album for much of the 80s and 90s. I think I lost count of the amount of times I saw this album in deletion-racks over the years before I bought a copy.

I would say £100 is far too much to pay for it. Check websites of European dealers who sell jazz and funk. They seem to be unswayed by Northern Soul interest and price the record at a far more realistic 30-50.

link

Agreed on the price of the album now, I think I bagged it off the web when the main track was big a few years back, for 9 dollars. I know people who paid three figures for it and when I found another I sold it to a mate who wanted one, for a tenner, I can't be doing with this ripping people off just because a record is popular, it stinks of poo. :angry:

Regarding the cut-out records, if only we all had a lovely shiny working crystal ball eh? whistling.gif

Roger

Edited by dodger
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert