True Or Not ?

shute

From a guy in Detroit.................

I know, personally, that a lot of the acetates I saw have been sold on E-Bay-so they must have been "Stolen" from Motown. I just hope that none of the master tapes were taken. But, even in 1973 there were tapes missing. Also, probably many of the Motown Record File and Jobete Music Record File records must have been "lifted" without approval of The Company. Many of those were "pulled" records that only had 6 pressing plant masters pressed up. That includes the Frank Wilson(Soul), Andantes(VIP) and probably The Charters(Melody), Andre Williams and Gino Parks (Miracle) and several others.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

There was a story somewhere of a whole load of this stuff being recovered from a skip in the US but as to whether its true I don't know. Plus hes wrong about the masters, everyone knows that a whole box of Frank Wilsons just turned up. :lol:

Social source share

There was a story somewhere of a whole load of this stuff being recovered from a skip in the US but as to whether its true I don't know.  Plus hes wrong about the masters, everyone knows that a whole box of Frank Wilsons just turned up. :shades:

link

Didn't Chris King find loads of Jobete stuff when him and his mate wagged school and went to Detroit when they were 12 ? :lol:

Social source share

From a guy in Detroit.................

I know, personally, that a lot of the acetates I saw have been sold on E-Bay-so they must have been "Stolen" from Motown. I just hope that none of the master tapes were taken. But, even in 1973 there were tapes missing. Also, probably many of the Motown Record File and Jobete Music Record File records must have been "lifted" without approval of The Company. Many of those were "pulled" records that only had 6 pressing plant masters pressed up. That includes the Frank Wilson(Soul), Andantes(VIP) and probably The Charters(Melody), Andre Williams and Gino Parks (Miracle) and several others.

link

Did Chris Anderton find a place in the states that had purchased the jobete portfolio.....i think I read about it in Dave Rimmer's Soulfulkindamusic.

Social source share

Didn't Chris King find loads of Jobete stuff when him and his mate wagged school and went to Detroit when they were 12 ?  :lol:

link

What a load of old tosh! CK's first trip was to Nw York in 1978. He was already 22!

Social source share

What a load of old tosh! CK's first trip was to Nw York in 1978. He was already 22!

link

Well obviously its bollocks at 12. Jesus.

CK has stated in an article that he went at 17. How he got a visa at that time, under 18 and unaccompanied by an adult, according to him, mystified me when I read it. Terry Samson was still s - no - won't go there.

Thats really the point I was making. Its called artistic licence. Now I know you know what that is.

12. F*ck me.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Didn't Chris King find loads of Jobete stuff when him and his mate wagged school and went to Detroit when they were 12 ?  :lol:

link

:shades::lol::lol:

But he must have been 12 in about 1947 mustn't he?

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Please don't go, please don't go, don't goooo away...!

Well if Driza Bone gets played at nighters, why not KWS??? :shades:

Always made me feel hungry that tune. We used to sing 'Beans on Toast' to it. After a while you are convinced that is what they are actually singing!!! (Hmmmm... subliminal message from Heinz perhaps???).

What about Frances Nero - Footsteps. That was same kind of time wasn't it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!