Old Cover Up

Tomangoes

Had to renew this thread because I am sure this is the instrumental I have been trying to get the details of.

Just thought ofanother possibility as you metioned Poke, he had an acetate played as James Bynum think it was called "Love music"....

Any ideas of the true identity, and does it still get played.

Ed :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Had to renew this thread because I am sure this is the instrumental I have been trying to get the details of.

Just thought ofanother possibility as you metioned Poke, he had an acetate played as James Bynum think it was called "Love music"....

link

That's a funk record. Russell Smith had it around 1996-98, I tried like a devil to get it out of him with no luck, he played it for a bit on the funk scene, which was very vibrant at the time. But then Russ' sold it Keb I think(wish I'd got in on that deal :angry: ). And knowing Keb he probably ended up selling it Jappy Land.

That's it's true ID, I can't remember what label was on the acetate. I'll give Russ a ring and ask him....

:shades:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

link

Deffo played by Poke at Clifton Hall/Cleethorpes

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Deffo played by Poke at Clifton Hall/Cleethorpes

link

I hear there are alot of great funky records played at Ceethorpes? I've got a record I'm covering up as the Black Bird "Spring Time Of Yesterday's Morning" that sounds very similar to alot of cleethorpe type sounds. You'll probably call it funk these days, but if it had been played back then it'd be on a classic northern soul dance floor fillers volume 3 compilation now.

Does anybody have suggestions for rare cleethope/mecca type sounds like the James Bynum/ Crow/ Willie J etc?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

DC LA RUE CATHEDRALS

LIFE CATSEYES

7 SEAS FIGHT THE POWER

ROSE ROYCE CARWASH (I kid you not)

That Pusherman one

8th WONDER THE WHOLETHING

ROSCO & FREINDS BROADWAY SISSY

BLACK NASTY CUT YOURE MOTOR OFF

SILVETTI SPRING RAIN

FABULA Carnt remember by who

HOSSANA HIPIT

THAT IT MINDS GONE BLANK NOW

:shades::shades::)

Social source share

Juggy Murry Inside America

Babe Ruth Elusive

Jobel Orch Never gonna let you go

Boggie man orch Lady Lady Lady

Ojays Love music

Tramps Hold back the night

Vicky sue robinson Turn the beat around

Social source share

Ed :shades:

link

If it's this, I seem to remember it being a one-sided S.O.S studio acetate. Although it's around 20 years since I saw it, I'm sure it was a plain orange label with James Bynum written on it, so it could be him, or anybody for that matter.

Social source share

:shades:

I hear there are alot of great funky records played at Ceethorpes? I've got a record I'm covering up as the Black Bird "Spring Time Of Yesterday's Morning" that sounds very similar to alot of cleethorpe type sounds. You'll probably call it funk these days, but if it had been played back then it'd be on a classic northern soul dance floor fillers volume 3 compilation now.

Does anybody have suggestions for rare cleethope/mecca type sounds like the James Bynum/ Crow/ Willie J etc?

link

:shades: Would make a nice line in coasters/placemats-or maybe thrown at Zombies a la Shaun of the Dead

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

If it's this, I seem to remember it being a one-sided S.O.S studio acetate. Although it's around 20 years since I saw it, I'm sure it was a plain orange label with James Bynum written on it, so it could be him, or anybody for that matter.

link

That's the one! Fookin great record! :shades:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

DC LA RUE CATHEDRALS

LIFE CATSEYES

7 SEAS FIGHT THE POWER

ROSE ROYCE CARWASH (I kid you not)

That Pusherman one

8th WONDER THE WHOLETHING

ROSCO & FREINDS BROADWAY SISSY

BLACK NASTY CUT YOURE MOTOR OFF

SILVETTI SPRING RAIN

FABULA Carnt remember by who

HOSSANA HIPIT

THAT IT MINDS GONE BLANK NOW

:shades:   :lol:   :)

link

Cheers Miff, I know some of em, don't know others, I'll check 'em out... :shades:

Social source share

Thats it James Bynum. Hippo rules OK.

FROM MY DING DING DING, it amazing!!

Get this tune back on the decks.

Ed

link

Can't argue with that either :rolleyes:

Social source share

Falbala - Magic Band?

Shite!

link

Disagree there mate,

Might not fit in with todays idea of what things were like way back then(selective memory?) ,but in its time a big sound.As was The Gig,Mal,The Flasher,Metal Heart,Biyo,Sunshine Love & many other fast,semi-funky instrumental sounds of the time.......Don't remember to many complaints at the time until the 'powers that be 'decided to fall out.

Still got Falbala in my box & I'm not selling!!

Social source share

Falbala - Magic Band?

Shite!

link

This was a top tune in its day along with lots of other stuff that today would not get a look in . It was only a few years old when played. Cleethorpes allways had a forward looking music policy New and old played together and was better fot it.

Its one thing to say you dont like a tune but to turn round and say its Shite is the wrong attitude to take, They are 1000s of tunes I dont like but that dont mean they are shte it just means I dont like them

Open up youre mind , Chill out a bit, if you dont like the record get off the dance floor, Enjoy other people enjoying a sound you dont like

Thats what Soul is all about and seperates the Soul scene from all the other music scenes that are around :rolleyes:

Social source share

• 18 years later...
On 23/02/2005 at 14:51, Tomangoes said:

Social source share

14 hours ago, Fluffster said:

John Anderson (Soul Bowl) Discovery Which as History tells us was an unreleased track and is Correct Artist and Title as far as we are aware and yes ended up in Pokes Hands who made it a Monster at the Cleethorpes Pier and Winter gardens and found Favour at all the other places it got spins at by him. I ended up with the Acetate which i believe was Pokes played for many years before selling on to Chris Dalton after he constantly badgered me to sell it to him which i stupidly did and regretted it straight away and yes Chris still plays it to this day, one of the best Funky instrumentals to get played it has to be said. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!