Unissued & Issued Soul Seeks Venue

The First And Last Tracks Were Actually Recorded At Jimmy Radcliffe's Apartment In Harlem.

"Don't Be Afraid" - Absolutely Brilliant Unknown Group (Featuring Jimmy Radcliffe On Guitar)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £295 SOLD

Don_t_Be_Afraid_c_.mp3

"Take A Look In The Mirror" - Nice Uptempo Number (Produced-Written By Jimmy Too)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £295

Take_A_Look_c_.mp3

"Change Of Heart" - Demo Of Unissued Relatives Musicor Record (Prod.-Written By Jimmy)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £185 SOLD

Change_Of_Heart_c_.mp3

"Change Of Heart" Finished Track Of Relatives Musicor Record (Prod - Written By Jimmy)

7" Large Hole 45 Acetate, Mint- £220

Change_Of_Heart_R_c_.mp3

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The First And Last Tracks Were Actually Recorded At Jimmy Radcliffe's Apartment In Harlem.

"Don't Be Afraid" - Absolutely Brilliant Unknown Group (Featuring Jimmy Radcliffe On Guitar)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £295 SOLD

Don_t_Be_Afraid_c_.mp3

"Take A Look In The Mirror" - Nice Uptempo Number (Produced-Written By Jimmy Too)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £295

Take_A_Look_c_.mp3

"Change Of Heart" - Demo Of Unissued Relatives Musicor Record (Prod.-Written By Jimmy)

7" 45 Acetate, Mint- £185 SOLD

Change_Of_Heart_c_.mp3

"Change Of Heart" Finished Track Of Relatives Musicor Record (Prod - Written By Jimmy)

7" Large Hole 45 Acetate, Mint- £220

Change_Of_Heart_R_c_.mp3

RELISTING One Copy Of "Don't Be Afraid" As Payment Was Not Received

Social source share

Was this released Chris? It's almost identical to the version by Sammy Davis Jr

Jerry Samuels (The Songs Writer) Told Me It Was... I Looked But Couldn't Find It Anywhere... But Just Then I Was Looking At Clyde's "Songs Of The Big City" Lp (You Know The One With Five Jimmy Radcliffe Numbers On It) And Sure As Shite There It Was On The 'B' Side. So It Never Came Out As A Single Was Was Issued As An LP Track. And Yes It Is Identical To Sammy.

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

Jerry Samuels (The Songs Writer) Told Me It Was... I Looked But Couldn't Find It Anywhere... But Just Then I Was Looking At Clyde's "Songs Of The Big City" Lp (You Know The One With Five Jimmy Radcliffe Numbers On It) And Sure As Shite There It Was On The 'B' Side. So It Never Came Out As A Single Was Was Issued As An LP Track. And Yes It Is Identical To Sammy.

Jerry Samuels Was Also Responcible For The 1966 Hit "There Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha" As Recorded And Released By Napoleon XIV (aka Jerry Samuels)!

Social source share

Jerry Samuels Was Also Responcible For The 1966 Hit "There Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha" As Recorded And Released By Napoleon XIV (aka Jerry Samuels)!

That was one of the most demented records ever! Little story about that, in the early days of ebay, I used to check every section and the one time in "Novelty" it said "female version of They're coming to take me away" and I was a little intrigued, so I clicked on it - turned out to be the other side of Rose Brooks - I'm Moanin', which I won for $3...around 30 minutes later I won Batman At The Go Go for the same price from the same seller...oh those were the days

Social source share

That was one of the most demented records ever! Little story about that, in the early days of ebay, I used to check every section and the one time in "Novelty" it said "female version of They're coming to take me away" and I was a little intrigued, so I clicked on it - turned out to be the other side of Rose Brooks - I'm Moanin', which I won for $3...around 30 minutes later I won Batman At The Go Go for the same price from the same seller...oh those were the days

Wow Those Were The Days!

On The Subject Of Mr. Samuels

Recently Was Also In Touch With Jerry Samuels... He's A Very Funny Guy.

Was Telling Me All These Stories About Working With My Father On Classic Demos Like "Tower Of Strength" And Other Stuff... And I Was Like Really?.. I Didn't Know He Did That One...

So After About A Twenty Minute Conversation He Says "What Was Your Dads Name Again... Jimmy Radcliffe?... No No I Got It All Wrong It Was Jimmy Breadlove Who Did Those Sessions.... I Didn't Know Your Dad."

Talk About A Let Down!!

Social source share

Wow Those Were The Days!

On The Subject Of Mr. Samuels

Recently Was Also In Touch With Jerry Samuels... He's A Very Funny Guy.

Was Telling Me All These Stories About Working With My Father On Classic Demos Like "Tower Of Strength" And Other Stuff... And I Was Like Really?.. I Didn't Know He Did That One...

So After About A Twenty Minute Conversation He Says "What Was Your Dads Name Again... Jimmy Radcliffe?... No No I Got It All Wrong It Was Jimmy Breadlove Who Did Those Sessions.... I Didn't Know Your Dad."

Talk About A Let Down!!

Doh!

We know Jimmy Breedlove from just the one record I think...well I do anyway

Social source share

Doh!

We know Jimmy Breedlove from just the one record I think...well I do anyway

Jimmy (Breedlove) Is A Brilliant Vocalist And Did Tons Of Session Work Back In The Day. Jerry Described Him As A Male Janis Joplin?... Not Sure If That's Good Or Bad. But Anyway Needless To Say I Was All Getting All Geed Up For Some Researching Until The End Of Our Conversation.

I Did A Cyril Lord I Did!

Social source share

WTF?

Cyril Lord? Not Familiar With Em Matey?

E Was A Crapet/Textile Magnet Whose Company Collapsed.

Thusly To Do A Cyril Lord = To Collapse Or Hit The Carpet Mate.

Cheers

Social source share

I can't get that Jackie Wilson to play.

Just found my copy, allways thought the b-side was something else like Nothing But Blue Skies? Huhh.

Nope! Just Another Brilliant Jimmy Classic

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!