Ducie Bridge This Saturday

Dave

Right, we are half-way through the week so time to start thinking about the weekend :shades:

Hopefully Manchester for me on Saturday and I understand two members, Rachel & Stamford, are making their first appearances behind the Ducie decks at the pre-NCSC warm-up :shades:

Who else from S-S is going? :)

• Replies 70
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Right, we are half-way through the week so time to start thinking about the weekend :lol:

Hopefully Manchester for me on Saturday and I understand two members, Rachel & Stamford, are making their first appearances behind the Ducie decks at the pre-NCSC warm-up  :shades:

Who else from S-S is going?  :)

link

ME, ME, ME, wouldn't miss it, one of the best venues around, and even better that two soul source's are spinning, I spoke to stamford last week and I know he's looking forward to it........as usual it's going to be a good un' :shades:

John May

weather permitting.

my usual over the snake pass has been shut the last couple of days.

hope it improves.

shane

link

you're not on your own re the weather, mate!

Is that the best route from Sheffield then? Not quicker to nip back to the M1 and then take the 628?

Sorry to say i can't make the "Ducie" this weekend, but i am certain that it will be the best attended "Booze Up" in Western Europe. The quality of rare soul will i am sure, be out of the top drawer. :shades:

Guest Chris Waterman

Sorry to say i can't make the "Ducie" this weekend, but i am certain that it will be the best attended "Booze Up" in Western Europe. The quality of rare soul will i am sure, be out of the top drawer. :shades:

link

Whats this Mr Franklin, not missed one, get the booking and now no show, you can't need a whole month to practice? :shades:

Chris W

weather permitting.

my usual over the snake pass has been shut the last couple of days.

hope it improves.

shane

link

That snake gets in everywhere... errr.. so to speak :shades:

Can't wait for Saturday, my first visit to both New Century and the Ducie, really looking forward to playing some tunes :shades:

Rachel

Whats this Mr Franklin, not missed one, get the booking and now no show, you can't need a whole month to practice? :shades:

Chris W

link

Family commitments i'm afraid Chris, plus Prestatyn followed by Sheridans then back to your place, :shades: , still i loathe having to miss one, it spoils my perfect run, someone buy a beer for me and please leave it on the table all night :)

Steve can you put a list up of who's on when at the Ducie, and remind me when it starts/finishes etc  ta :lol:

link

Ducie Bridge djs.Times...

7pm to 10pm.....Free entry...

7pm to 8.30...Two blokes called Dave.. :)

Stamford 8.30 to 9.15... :lol:

Rachel 9.15 to 10pm..(the snake girl) :lol::shades::shades:

Looking forward to the Ducie and hope to see some old and new freinds...Bringing along some freinds from the German soul scene and a few more Ducie Bridge virgins...Gonna miss the landlord Brett...See you all on sat...

steve..07752084878..for info and directions...

Rachel    9.15 to 10pm..(the snake girl) :yes:   wink.gif   :ohmy:

link

I'm not sure this sounds good... please note that I do not have a snake, nor will I be playing the Snake.. I don't have any objections to snakes though... yes.gif

Maybe I could be a bunny girl instead wink.gif

Best of luck rachel  whistling.gif   :rolleyes:   :huh:

I'd love to be there but I am watching BOYBAND UTD face ST Mirren in the cup - a sell out would you believe !

:lol:

Hammy

link

Thanks Hammy :lol: Hope I'll represent Scotland as well as your team represent Edinburgh.... :lol::lol:

I assume that was a good night then, was it? wave.gif

link

It was a good'n yes. Some top tunes. Big Daddy played my favourite of the moment , the Masqueraders, and had I nice natter and a few ginger beers. Pity you live so far off, think you'd like it. Similar sort of atmosphere to the Greatstone :rolleyes:

It was a good'n yes. Some top tunes. Big Daddy played my favourite of the moment , the Masqueraders, and had I  nice natter and a few ginger beers.  Pity you live so far off, think you'd like it. Similar sort of atmosphere to the Greatstone :rolleyes:

link

No need to rub it in Reg, I'm SURE I would enjoy it! :huh:

That is a really mellow tune, isn't it? wave.gif

Gonna keep a seat empty for the ghost of Brett...Beer sales could be down by half at least...Come back soon.. wave.gif

link

Sorry to say Stevie that after Prestatyn i am calling the Rare Soul scene a day....

Sorry to say Stevie that after Prestatyn i am calling the Rare Soul scene a day....

link

:rolleyes: Just kidding Stevie, how can i do without your famous company and the ale at the western worlds best attended boozer....... wave.gif

Shame i can't make this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife and bambino, gotta a packer ahead ...Prestatyn, Sheridans (Big Daddys bash), Ponds Forge, then back to normal with NCS and my 2nd appearence......sorry for my wicked little joke... :huh::lol::lol:

Brett

:huh: Just kidding Stevie, how can i do without your famous company and the ale at the western worlds best attended boozer....... :lol:

Shame i can't make this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife and bambino, gotta a packer ahead ...Prestatyn, Sheridans (Big Daddys bash), Ponds Forge, then back to normal with NCS and my 2nd appearence......sorry for my wicked little joke... :lol:   :lol:   wicked.gif

Brett

link

B*****d :rolleyes::lol::lol:

wicked.gif Just kidding Stevie, how can i do without your famous company and the ale at the western worlds best attended boozer....... :rolleyes:

Shame i can't make this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife and bambino, gotta a packer ahead ...Prestatyn, Sheridans (Big Daddys bash), Ponds Forge, then back to normal with NCS and my 2nd appearence......sorry for my wicked little joke... :huh:   :lol:   :lol:

Brett

link

Meant to reply straight away but you and Ali beat me to it......... :lol::lol:

wicked.gif Just kidding Stevie, how can i do without your famous company and the ale at the western worlds best attended boozer....... :huh:

Shame i can't make this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife and bambino, gotta a packer ahead ...Prestatyn, Sheridans (Big Daddys bash), Ponds Forge, then back to normal with NCS and my 2nd appearence......sorry for my wicked little joke... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Brett

link

Ok mate

Alison was sweating there...I think she's got a thing for you :rolleyes: And all :lol: them other girls..

Guest Richard Bergman

:rolleyes: Just kidding Stevie, how can i do without your famous company and the ale at the western worlds best attended boozer....... wave.gif

Shame i can't make this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife and bambino, gotta a packer ahead ...Prestatyn, Sheridans (Big Daddys bash), Ponds Forge, then back to normal with NCS and my 2nd appearence......sorry for my wicked little joke... :huh:   :lol:   :lol:

Brett

link

Thank god you've just posted your response ! I was just about to call it a day myslef as the thought of a Franklinless night doesn't bear thinking about :lol:

Which one though ?

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

saturday

or Sunday,

Thre's just so many to choose from

link

Hi Dave,

Haven't heard from LeeF (who I don't actually know) Is it about a record do you know ?

Cheers

Steve

Which one though ?

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

saturday

or Sunday,

Thre's just so many to choose from

link

On second thoughts, with jokes like that im off..... wave.gif:rolleyes::huh::lol:

As a mark of respect there will be a full pint of Brett's favorite tipple at the bar all night, the place will not be the same mate, have a good family weekend mate and see you soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Cheers Big Man, check your home e-mail sent you a message earlier........

Brett

Cheers Big Man, check your home e-mail sent you a message earlier........

Brett

link

NOOOOOOOOOOO :sweatingbullets: I can't believe Bretts not going, do you have a cardboard cut out of yourself that we can sit in the corner at the ducie.......Please Brett reconsider, you are the Ducie mate :rolleyes:

Andy F ( speaking on behalf of John May)

NOOOOOOOOOOO :rolleyes:   I can't believe Bretts not going, do you have a cardboard cut out of yourself that we can sit in the corner at the ducie.......Please Brett reconsider, you are the Ducie mate :sweatingbullets:

Andy F ( speaking on behalf of John May)

link

Yet another two members of the Brett Franklin Stalking team :rolleyes:

Lindypoos

Yet another two members of the Brett Franklin Stalking team  :sweatingbullets:

Lindypoos

link

Give over you people, it's bad enough that im not going, this is only making it worse.........I Bloody Love That Boozer.....gotta get a tankard behind the bar.

Be back to normal next month....some catching up to do :rolleyes::D:D:thumbsup::):) (but don't let Chris know :rolleyes: )

I'm at this moment "Spiritually" in the Seats just immediate left of the main door, i am drinking Blossom Hill "Red Zinfandel" and the cordiality of the company is absolutley marvellous........... :yes:

Stevie Cato is just talking to some gorgeous 18 year old student that fawned at his very presence, at the previous nights "Cool Off" event, Little Rich will be talking intellectual Soul and discussing Albert Camus with a couple of local Builders who finished at dinner, and are drinking "Stout". Dave Rimmer has just come through the doors with his huge industrial lighter, he will in an hour set fire to the curtains, and Mark Bicknell will not even smell the foul and virulent pyre. Shane Higgins will be plying his trade in that small but comfortable back room, and hopefully John May will have not bought anything that i would have liked.........