The Attic - Sat 6th October

Steve L

Sat 6th Oct sees our next installment at the Attic in Mansfield with the usual mix of lesser played 60s & early 70s soul music.

This month we are welcoming regular soul sourcer, DJ, promoter and general all round good egg Steve Cato all the way from sunny Manchester.

So if you fancy a good night of soul in a small, intimate, friendly venue get ya'sen along :thumbup:

Check out previous lookbacks threads to get a flavour of the kind of stuff we play.

Situated upstairs at the Black Bull Inn on Woodhouse Road Mansfield

Hours are 7.30 - 12.15ish

£3 OTD

For any info PM me, Kev or Dean, or ring me on 01623 477402

Its gonna be another cracker, dont miss it. Cheers :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sat 6th Oct sees our next installment at the Attic in Mansfield with the usual mix of lesser played 60s & early 70s soul music.

This month we are welcoming regular soul sourcer, DJ, promoter and general all round good egg Steve Cato all the way from sunny Manchester.

So if you fancy a good night of soul in a small, intimate, friendly venue get ya'sen along :rolleyes:

Check out previous lookbacks threads to get a flavour of the kind of stuff we play.

Situated upstairs at the Black Bull Inn on Woodhouse Road Mansfield

Hours are 7.30 - 12.15ish

£3 OTD

For any info PM me, Kev or Dean, or ring me on 01623 477402

Its gonna be another cracker, dont miss it. Cheers :lol:

hi,seems like a long time since the last one!!.

Following on from the SEPTEMBER nite(DKOF),we've got Steve Cato guesting.

Iv'e heard there could be a few coming down with Steve and Lydia and going on to BIDDS ALL NIGHTER.Will be a nice warm up if you're thinking of doing that.

Get yourself down here if you want something a little different.It's gonna be hot n sweaty,,,,and that's just me!!

Will see all you regulars on Saturday 6th October........KEV. :yes: .

Hi Kev,me and Rosy will be there,looking forward too hearin Steve Cato's spins,top nite in downtown Mansfield,dont miss out. Graham.

hi Graham and Rosy,the place is gonna be buzzin!!.Same sort of vibe as last time,can't wait.

Do you think Neil + missus,Mark + missus,Ray etc will be able to make it??.

How about SteveB,PeteT and wives?Chris ,Sharon,BBB n missus?.

JMYTG and The Nut?..BAZZA!!!??

Guest biggray1

hi Graham and Rosy,the place is gonna be buzzin!!.Same sort of vibe as last time,can't wait.

Cant say mate but they said last time was great,all the above are sunning themselves and breathing in the smoke @ Skegg :thumbsup: ,so they will probably post a reply when the get back,tats has mailed me about a new venue in Alfreton that play xover and underplayed oldies etc,some one call Dalli or somert..Where are you Andrew Taylor...oh forgot he was Djin @ Skegg in the Dungeon last nite so he wont be home yet..must be a bind takin off all his medival costume and restraints from spending his nite in the Dungeon :D seeya next week mate. Gray.

Just a bit of practical info for anyone interested. If you want to arrive early the landlord Dave puts on a good pub meal downstairs. Tends to get a few in by 8, but quiet before then. I think Kev's on first this time so worth arriving early whatever your appetite. (BTW Kev/Steve - Garrrrrry is staying over according to his last text, if I've decoded his text speak correctly, so is good for the last spot). Sure Kev will post a running order if I've got any of this wrong.

Few good additions to spin............ see you saturday

Looking forward to the Attic,i love the small underground venues...1st time in Mansfield apart from a visit to the footie there many moons ago :sleep3: ,lets hope i get a better reception this time :thumbsup: ...Yes an ideal place to start the night off...Any more soul source brothers and sisters gonna pop along?????..

hi Steve,don't know if you've noticed but 'Uddersfield are playing the Mighty Reds this week i believe,but don't let that spoil a good week :wave: .

Anyway back on thread.....looks like we're gonna get Lord Garry of Churmington to do the last hour or so,really looking forward to that :D .

LINE UP.........................

KEV....7.30-8.30

DEAN...8.30-9.15

STEVE L...9.15-10.00

STEVE CATO...10.00-11.30

GARRY ....11.30-TIL END......

OK, looking for a quality soul nite in the middle of Mansfield?

(5th most influential soul town,,,according to Kev Roberts wicked.gif:wicked: ).

STEVE CATO (of SOUL OR NOTHING @ SOUL REVOLUTION) is spinning the vinyl on Saturday 6th.

Miss it and, "YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELF TO BLAME".

THE ATTIC-TAKING IT BACK!!

hi Steve,don't know if you've noticed but 'Uddersfield are playing the Mighty Reds this week i believe,but don't let that spoil a good week biggrin.gif .

Anyway back on thread.....looks like we're gonna get Lord Garry of Churmington to do the last hour or so,really looking forward to that :) .

KEV....7.30-8.30

DEAN...8.30-9.15

STEVE L...9.15-10.00

STEVE CATO...10.00-11.30

Cheers Kev

Been busy and away from the pc...The times are fine with me..Yes i see we have the fallen giants :ohmy: at home tonight,i am busy with work and stuff,lets hope the Terriers can keep up the form from last Saturday....See you all soon and lets hope we can get a few virgins down for Saturday...Will give you a call on Sat for directions.... :(

Well worth a vist this.

Mr Cato always plays a well thought out ad varied set with a twist. (check in the post Steve ? :wub: )

Look forward to seeing you Richard. :thumbup:

Couple of blatant plugs..............

STEVE CATO...still on ART RADIO i think (internet radio)...could you confirm Steve??

AND..have you seen the Moloko"Northern Soul Dancing" clip on You TUBE??

It features STEVE CATO doing his stuff on the dancefloor,slow motion spins and all.Want some of that Saturday!!!

The SOUL OR NOTHING SUITE (run by STEVE) is on NEW YEARS EVE at ......................................SOULREVOLUTION

Got to miss this month as I'm being dragged off for a quiet weekend in Hamburg :D

Always enjoy Mr Catos spots and I'm sure it'll be a great night.

See you in November thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Mark

Take it steady Mark,,from one who know's :thumbsup: .Only four weeks to November Attic!!

I dont think we can make this one Kev..Wendy works nights and she thinks she's going to be working Saturday sad.gif and I dont drive .....so it looks like pipe an slippers for me :thumbsup:

cya soon tho'

Bazza

Hi Kev

Sorry Kev we can't make this one I am Djing at Hinckley for Sam Evans, it is her 40th birthday bash at Sketchley Grange and Chris n Sharon are in Potugal but not sure when they return home.

Long time no see, hope you are keeping well, I was on Ambersoundfm soul show last night and gave your venue a plug, hope you have a good night.

Barry Cooper

Hi Kev

Sorry Kev we can't make this one I am Djing at Hinckley for Sam Evans, it is her 40th birthday bash at Sketchley Grange and Chris n Sharon are in Potugal but not sure when they return home.

Long time no see, hope you are keeping well, I was on Ambersoundfm soul show last night and gave your venue a plug, hope you have a good night.

Barry Cooper

hi BARRY,thanks for the plug,hope to see you down ours soon!!

Heh Barry - does seem a long time doesn't it, must make Pilsley again soon, always one of my favourite nights, will try to get this month and catch up with you, Chris and the Cooperettes. Just been a run on other demands with work and kids at the moment.

Really looking forward to Steve Cato bringing something a little different to the Attic. Our playlists tend to be quite varied and different from month to month. That's what we started for, to deliver something less played. We may be small but I think we're doing that. Hope we can build an atmosphere as good as previous recent nights, does seem to be going from strength to strength.

Managed to beat the post strike with a couple of deliveries. Looking forward to sorting my 8.30 spot with a couple "used to hear a lot but haven't heard for ages" sounds, a couple of "mmmmm what's this?" and a couple more familiar. That should just about do 45 mins! Looking forward to spinnin' em.

See you Saturday, friends old and new. Dean.

Guest Mart B

:unsure:

hi Steve,don't know if you've noticed but 'Uddersfield are playing the
Mighty Reds
this week i believe,but don't let that spoil a good week
biggrin.gif

Anyway back on thread.....looks like we're gonna get Lord
Garry
of
Churm
ington to do the last hour or so,really looking forward to that

KEV....7.30-8.30

DEAN...8.30-9.15

STEVE L...9.15-10.00

STEVE CATO...10.00-11.30

Looks like youve saved the best until last kevh and dean
"i will be arriving at 9,14".
:ohmy:

Just the two shows on the radio Kev,hope to do some more in the future though,it was fun....Thanks for the blatant plug :lol:

Any other soul source members who have been to Sunny Mansfield :lol: hope to meet a few more of you on Saturday..

HAVE A TOP ONE STEVIE JUST KNOW IT'LL BE HOT !!!! CAN'T MAKE IT SORRY OFF TO SEE MY MUM IN HOSPITAL IN SHREWSBURY AND PLAYIN DOWN THERE AT NIGHT....RIP IT UP SQUIRE AND SEE YOU BOTH SOON !!!!!!!!!!! CPTN M & SENOR V :lol:

Once again THE ATTIC is upon us , see y'all Saturday fellas

Hi Mak,its been a five week month i think,so does seem like a long time.

Lots of interest in this month,its gonna be banging. :rolleyes:

Let's hope the weather holds out as well,we all like it hot don't we?

Something for the weekend sir?.....try THE ATTIC

Cheers Chris

Tell the Mexicano we will see him soon..Gonna try and pop down and see you next week,need a few things for my hot box....The weekend is nearly here and the sun is shining.....Hope to meet a few new members tomorrow night. :no:

HAVE A TOP WEEKEND AND WILL SEE YA IN THE WEEK !!!!! :rolleyes:

Nice one young 'un, I thought you might have used a more imaginative username like maybe toyboy, romeo or summat :rolleyes:

See ya tomorow pal thumbsup.gif

Steve, u no me well as a shy retiring mingle with the crowd type. not an extrovert at all . c u tmoz rolleyes.gif

post-7089-1191606719_thumb.jpg

Guest Mart B

Is that the toyota man? what time are we down tomorrow youth?...............Ive heard on the grapevine youve been buying flowers :thumbup: ...... :thumbup: ........ :g:

Steve, u no me well as a shy retiring mingle with the crowd type. not an extrovert at all . c u tmoz
:thumbsup:

lookin 4wrd 2 a nite of top toons from the lads. be nice 2 meet Mr Cato agen think u said Imperial Cs first up on the hallowed Attic Dex

c u all 2nite

Paul

passed on the last 2 posts . whos Dean anyway ? ant seen im 4 ages

Look'in forward to it,thanks to Sue n Paul :yes:

Nice one Howard, see ya later.

Just set the equipment up, got the box sorted with some nice items not played at the Attic before including Wilson Pickett, The Styles & Timothy Wilson among others.

Bring it on, looking forward to some beer.gifbeer.gif

Hi Guys can't make this one I'm going a 50th birthday bash at Annesley Welfare. Have a gud un..Cressy

Hi Guys can't make this one I'm going a 50th birthday bash at Annesley Welfare. Have a gud un..Cressy

Have a good time whatever you're doing Cressy, you'll be missed.

Box sorted (ish). Got a really coooooool Four Tops track I think I'll spin, just can't get it out of my mind ( that's a statement not the track title!)

By the way rare stags, hope you catch a bit of my spot, got something interesting for you, think "Not heard since Wigan!!!"

Dean

Hello a vocª todo!!

Really sorry we couldn`t make the Attic again but, to be honest, when we weighed up the pro`s and con`s sad to say that a week in Portugal came out tops....But you were a very close second :ohmy:

Glad to hear that you had a stonker (!) again and that the clientele, quite justifiable, are still appreciating your efforts. Hopefully all our 1st Saturday commitments are over with for a bit so will be seeing you in November (or at Pilsley if you fancy a trip over) anyway ; Veja-o todo logo

See you all soon

S & C

xx