Mr Tee £

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

A quickie - Just sitting here half asleep and daydreaming and wondering how much a copy of Willie Tee's "First taste of hurt " Gatur would set me back ?

Anyone Help ?

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A quickie  - Just sitting here half asleep and daydreaming and wondering how much a copy of Willie Tee's "First taste of hurt " Gatur would set me back ?

Anyone Help ?

link

Came out twice Joe. Gatur 509 b/w Funky Funky Twist. around £100+

557 b/w I'm Having So mUch Fun (great) £350

Social source share

It was actually released 3 different times. First on Blue label with Funky Twist on flip. This version feature piano. Then on Green label with the same flip - this time with an hammond organ instead of piano. Then with "I'm having so much fun".

Social source share

It was actually released 3 different times. First on Blue label with Funky Twist on flip. This version feature piano. Then on Green label with the same flip - this time with an hammond organ instead of piano. Then with "I'm having so much fun".

link

D'oh :ohmy:

Whats the value of the blue copy Christian ?

And is it the same issue number ?

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

D'oh  wink.gif

Whats the  value of the blue copy Christian ?

And is it the same issue number ?

link

Different issue number. Can't remember all the details I'm afraid.

Not too many people are aware of the blue label version, hence value

is a bit difficult. But the blue label version is def. much rarer than

the green one. And "rawer" and better IMO.

Social source share

Different issue number. Can't remember all the details I'm afraid.

Not too many people are aware of the blue label version, hence value

is a bit difficult. But the blue label version is def. much rarer than

the green one. And "rawer" and better IMO.

link

I agree on the rarity Christian - having the releases I will give them a listen to compare....

Social source share

Came out twice Joe. Gatur 509 b/w Funky Funky Twist. around £100+

557 b/w I'm Having So mUch Fun (great) £350

link

Steve, if you can find one for £100 - I'll buy it!

One with "So much fun" on flip is more like £750 - and it's the best side IMO blush.gif

There was a blue one on ebay a few months ago, but I didn't watch it until it ended so didn't know what it made. Has anyone got a soundbyte of this cut?

Billy :dance:

P.S. Steev are u coming to Friendship tonight?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

A mate swapped 'I peeped' plus £100 for Betty Turner - Winds kept laughing, just before xmas.

Guess that would make it £350ish.

I would love a copy of Please Dont Go.....

Social source share

What's the current value of "Teasing You Again" and "I Peeped..."? Must say I love all of these records, particularly "Hole Card."

link

Hole Card has to be upwards of 6-700 and maybe more at this point.....Great record - in the box for Yarmouth as well!!! whistling.gif

T.Y.A - this is seriously 'ard, and one that does not currently grace the record box chez moi. I thought Sam had got one a year or two back, but then found he'd emi'd it off of a CD :rolleyes::huh: Lovely record too.

Social source share

"Teasing you again" is my fave by Willie Tee at the moment, but I like most of his stuff, especially those on Gatur. What would T.Y.A. go for? (if one was ever to turn up for sale whistling.gif )

Has anyone got an MP3 of "I peeped..." ? Haven't heard it for a while.

Billy :dance:

P.S. Mike, what are you willing to pay for "Please don't go"?

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

A mate swapped 'I peeped' plus £100 for Betty Turner - Winds kept laughing, just before xmas.

Guess that would make it £350ish.

I would love a copy of Please Dont Go.....

link

The other side " My Heart Remembers" is also good

Social source share

Richard Searling played the 100 Club in the early 90s, and played "Teasing You Again." It sounded brilliant and really stood out in his set. I'd never heard of it before and asked him about it. He said it was a one-off. I was talking to Ady C outside in the morning and mentioned the Willie Tee one-off to him and he said "I'm sure I've got one of those somewhere."

I asked him how much he wanted for it and he asked me to make him an offer. I had £90 in my pocket and offered him that. To my surprise he accepted it. Cheers Ady.

Social source share

Quite sure there was a "Teasing You Again" for sale somewhere not that long ago, no idea what it went for though. Could be mistaken of course but I don't think so.

Social source share

Richard Searling played the 100 Club in the early 90s, and played "Teasing You Again." It sounded brilliant and really stood out in his set. I'd never heard of it before and asked him about it. He said it was a one-off. I was talking to Ady C outside in the morning and mentioned the Willie Tee one-off to him and he said "I'm sure I've got one of those somewhere."

I asked him how much he wanted for it and he asked me to make him an offer. I had £90 in my pocket and offered him that. To my surprise he accepted it. Cheers Ady.

link

...and do you still have it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!