Bigsoulman

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seen a few times for £200 + £250

Never seen an issue of this, sold mine for £25.00 many moons ago just as it was starting to get plays......another booboo on my behalf

link

Ooops, we've all done that mate, if only I knew then ect ect! whistling.gif , but Manship had ( I think) a black issue of this on his auction some time ago, could be wrong tho, what a brilliant record :lol:

Social source share

Seen a few times for £200 + £250

Never seen an issue of this, sold mine for £25.00 many moons ago just as it was starting to get plays......another booboo on my behalf

link

Same here shute, picked up a demo in 1993 for £20 !, just before it started getting plays. Sold it 6 months later for £85 !. thought it would level out, wish i'd have kept it......... whistling.gif

John m

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Demo - 250

Issue is very rare - 300/ 350 (maybe more to the right collector).

link

Look at my avatar - :rolleyes: Beautiful , beautiful record -

Only ever hear it at the 100 club myslef ,

Ps If you do find it don't expect it to be in tip top condition everyone I know who owns one has some scuffs etc - No idea why !

Social source share

Same here shute, picked up a demo in 1993 for £20 !, just before it started getting plays.  Sold it 6 months later for £85 !.  thought it would level out, wish i'd have kept it......... :rolleyes:

John m

link

Got hammered in the 80's and one you used to see here there and everywhere. Paid little for my copy and sold it for not much more :rolleyes: wish I was selling my collection now and not mid 90's :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Look at my avatar - :rolleyes:   Beautiful , beautiful  record  -

Ps If you do find it don't expect it to be in tip top condition everyone I know who owns one has some scuffs etc -  No idea why !

link

been a regular play for roger banks for years now. quite simialr to hush dont' cry - bonnie herman in my opinion.

great record!

shane

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

great sound-circa 'plays nottingham' 77/78/79. Other sides magic too.

like to see a black one.

sold 3 or 4 of these over the remaining time to date from £15 (always was cosidered hard way back then when records really were £1 or less on the whole)

to £280 some 7/8 years ago(still a high priced little ditty) on the back of prob R Banks' plays---re-plays, bloody D.J's these days have a box full of mainly known items --- Thats the wrong way round lads!!!!!!!!!!

Now its got to be worth double that.

see a black one like to, really, I mean really really

Its really the Floaty Bollocks though, a dancing dream, above everybody to start with ,but acceptance to the finer points of this track will always blow your mind and enhance the way you listen to 60's Rare Soul, opens minds, cant fail. GET TO HEAR THIS NOW, if you havent already.

A different world--not full of black ones though

Love to hear a different take on this johnmay, dig it out lets have a listen please.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

on my wants list for a long time now, Dawn Brown plays it at Scenesville im sure

link

Now i'm seriously worried i can think of at least two records that we both like :thumbsup::):sleep3:

BTW get rid of that old Avatar it's soooooo last week dwarlink :huh:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

re-plays, bloody D.J's these days have a box full of mainly known items --- Thats the wrong way round lads!!!!!!!!!!

link

:sleep3: You'll get into trouble for that sort of attitude. :thumbsup:

Social source share

this has had loads of plays over the last ten years in the south, I've played it out many times over the last 2-3 years myself, in fact it's currently 'resting' in my own humble box as I reckoned it had become too hammered, or was certainly getting close to being.... brilliant mind, and I reckon the flipside is also superb and well worth a go (possibly veering a little too far towards Burt Baccharach but absolutely gorgeous nonetheless!)

Martin

Soul in the City London -next night Weds March 2nd

Solid Hit Soul Club London - next night April 16th

www.record-dealer.com newly relaunched rare record auction site

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

:thumbsup:

HEAVENLY BLOCKED ph34r.gif:D

[right-->

QUOTE(joe orton @ Feb 25 2005, 06:08 P

YOU SHOULD GET OUT MORE JOE COOKIE AND MYSELF HAVE BOTH PLAYED IT AT THE MARRS BAR ,CIS MANCS ,SHERIDANS ,WESTON SUPER MARE TO NAME JUST A FEW PLACES WE BOTH HAVE WHITE DEMO,S :P

HEAVENLY BLOCKED :D:D

[right)

link

Must have just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time I suppose , I will follow you around now with a homemade sugar and spices t shirt baying for you to play it :D:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!