Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Fingers

Guest Pete Griffin

Guest Pete Griffin

Ok, Got my Sam Williams 45 the other day. How come i have never seen a issue, was there any? always see promo's about. Mine is on styrene? were there any on vinyl? was it booted as a look a like?

Pete Griff

post-3329-1191075556_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Pete Griffin

Jammy git, where'd you find that?

No issues spotted as yet I think, and the one I had was on styrene too.

It was off ebay at a high starting bid, but no one bid on it, so i emailed him about a month later and bought it, just over £600, probably to much, saying that i did check popsike first on the price.

Dj with it last night, fantastic. and played it on our radio boogaloo radio.

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

So we dont know if it ever got a major release, or did it just go out to djs radio ect. Or is there a big box of issues sittin in a corner of a ware house?

Social source share

So we dont know if it ever got a major release, or did it just go out to djs radio ect. Or is there a big box of issues sittin in a corner of a ware house?

don't worry bout that pal,just wallow in the warm glow of owning one of the real greats of Northern Soul (imho),,KEV. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

A loose link I know, but has anyone seen a JD Martin - By Yourself on a Tower issue?

Mike.

Yes i have Mike, i have a mate who just bought an issue for £250 and can remember talking to Henry Atkinson about it and he has had 2, both warped, 1 was sent back to seller and the other was straightened out and looked perfect and then sold on for £200 he thinks !!!!!

sounds very cheap for what seems to be a seriously rare issue and on the other matter i have a Sam Williams Demo and i,m sure i have seen JM with an issue a few years back !!!, there was a scan doing the rounds at one time of it i,m sure !!

Ian.

Social source share

A loose link I know, but has anyone seen a JD Martin - By Yourself on a Tower issue?

Mike.

Yes Mike as a matter of fact my mate Smiggy had one & sold it on the other day, first one I've ever seen, can't remember who he sold it to but I saw it again (same 1) in a box at Skeggy at the weekend.

Spot. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest mikew4

Yes Mike as a matter of fact my mate Smiggy had one & sold it on the other day, first one I've ever seen, can't remember who he sold it to but I saw it again (same 1) in a box at Skeggy at the weekend.

Spot. :ohmy:

Thanks Spot.

Do you know how much your mate sold it for and what was the asking price for the one you saw at Skeg?

Many thanks.

Mike.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

John

"Let's talk it over" by Sam Williams was also issued on another label, the name of which escapes me at the moment - its a red, New York label. I'll see if I can find it.

Best

John

Flip it over.....

Lets Talk It Over is fabulous.

Social source share

• 11 years later...
On 02/10/2007 at 20:27, Guest Johnny Mack said:

John

"Let's talk it over" by Sam Williams was also issued on another label, the name of which escapes me at the moment - its a red, New York label. I'll see if I can find it.

Best

John

I am newish to Soul Source and found this thread

Did we ever find out about Sam and who he was as Dave's website has disappeared of into orbit somewhere :) (I apologise if it is somewhere else and I have missed it)

Sam LLP.jpg

Social source share

On 29/09/2007 at 15:33, macca said:

velly nice. could we have some info on billy as well, please?

Lol! I think my copy has got 'Ginger' scratched into the run out. I haven't seen it though since about 1992 when it was stolen! If anyone out there has got it say hello from me.😪

Social source share

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:57, Blackpoolsoul said:

I am newish to Soul Source and found this thread

Did we ever find out about Sam and who he was as Dave's website has disappeared of into orbit somewhere :) (I apologise if it is somewhere else and I have missed it)

Sam LLP.jpg

Ooooh that's nice . Legit or for the NY Island scene ??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!