Radcliffe Royale Mini Nighter 28 Th Sept

Guest souldiva

Guest souldiva

Despite finding 3 Brass monkeys looking for a welder on the car park ( it was bloody freezing outside, we recieved a warm welcome from all the soulies there. Many having travelled from as far as Dundee, Wales and London. 2 great rooms. top DJs, Good music and a GREAT atmosphere. Was it a one off ? or is there more ? I will surely go again if there is. Nice one. :D

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks S D for your comments, and to answer your question, yes there will be more but no dates yet as we are negotiating with the owners of the venue as to putting on a FULL Nighter, provisionally it will be at the end of October.

Thanks to all the Djs and everyone who came and made it a great night. But Special thanksto Donna and Jim From Dundee and Vern from Hollyhead who organised the Modern Room. " Sorry Jim but my spies tell me that Donna did the best spot"

Not forgetting Al Salz and Lynne......... Without them it would have never taken place.

Thanx to everyone for your Support ...... Dave D and the BSC Team

Edited by joker

Thanks S D for your comments, and to answer your question, yes there will be more but no dates yet as we are negotiating with the owners of the venue as to putting on a FULL Nighter, provisionally it will be at the end of October.

Thanks to all the Djs and everyone who came and made it a great night. But Special thanksto Donna and Jim From Dundee and Vern from Hollyhead who organised the Modern Room. " Sorry Jim but my spies tell me that Donna did the best spot"

Not forgetting Al Salz and Lynne......... Without them it would have never taken place.

Thanx to everyone for your Support ...... Dave D and the BSC Team

t'was a good night.. The Modern room was a smart room - nice low ceiling. I enjoyied the bits of Barry's spot I was able to hear. Unfortunately I was working at the venue so I kept trying to avoid the boss and find reasons to keep wandering in and out of various rooms.. Considering the recent drop in numbers this year in north manchester venues I reckon a good turn out too.

No further dates yet??... :D hope you get this sorted - a full niter would be great, even if I'm the only one working by the end of the night again. Not sure I could manage it a week after our night at Bury town hall.. what's that saying about i'll sleep when I'm dead!. lol.

Jayne.x.

t'was a good night.. The Modern room was a smart room - nice low ceiling. I enjoyied the bits of Barry's spot I was able to hear. Unfortunately I was working at the venue so I kept trying to avoid the boss and find reasons to keep wandering in and out of various rooms.. Considering the recent drop in numbers this year in north manchester venues I reckon a good turn out too.

No further dates yet??... :rolleyes: hope you get this sorted - a full niter would be great, even if I'm the only one working by the end of the night again. Not sure I could manage it a week after our night at Bury town hall.. what's that saying about i'll sleep when I'm dead!. lol.

Jayne.x.

Must Agree Jayne - I was most surprised at the turn-out, specially so early in the evening too. But what a fantastic venue!

And I am even prepared to own up and admit that I spent some times in that really nice modern room aswell :ohmy:

The DJ line-up in the Main Room was, IMO, superb and I know that all the DJ's worked their socks off to give it a true "Acrross the board" mix with a bit everything for everyone - great job guys. :D

As a new venue it seemed as if the punters were a bit "unsure" to begin with, and slow to get this rather large floor moving. Maybe being on unfamiliar turf, it took a little while to get the "buzz" going. But as the night progressed things certainly got going.

Chalky hit the room with some stunning stuff and was then followed by Baz M who never fails to please the floor.

Bob Hinsley up next with his wonderful instinct to present just what the floor wants, then Kev Murphy thumping out some class oldies kept the room rocking. And as if that was not enough, an awesome assault of sounds by Mr Dyson to keep the theme going through to later part of the evening, and a thorough rounding off to a very enjoyable night by the ever resourceful Robbo.

Overall - as a venue I think that this certainly has a lot to offer, and I suspect that Dave and Jimmy were very pleased with the response and the format. I suspect that the grapevine rumours of a repeat on an all-nighter basis could turn this little gem of a venue into connoisseur's delight. :shhh:

I spoke to several people who said that they just loved the venue and enjoyed the music - so apart from maybe a few more people what more could anyone ask for? - Well done all involved! - Look forward to the next one. :D

Well what a great night and venue, certainly worth the three and half hour journey from Banbury, Really friendly welcome at the door always a good sign , venue wise brillant, large floor, good seating seperate bar,the modern room was just the right size, sound system spot on all night, l liked the big screen footage especially when one of the lads I came up with Tabs, was on it, Music wise we were not disappointed great dj line up they all played some cracking tunes and kept it going to to the last record , the dance floor was busy to the end, a excellent mix of music, 10/10 lads well done. yes I too popped in and out of the modern room every one looked to be having a good time in there also, a good buzz throughout the venue really, the people we met made us very welcome definately a venue to go back to or vist you won't be disappointed, thanks for a great night ,

Charlie Mc, Tabs, Tom H

BANBURY SOUL CLUB

Must Agree Jayne - I was most surprised at the turn-out, specially so early in the evening too. But what a fantastic venue!

And I am even prepared to own up and admit that I spent some times in that really nice modern room aswell :(

The DJ line-up in the Main Room was, IMO, superb and I know that all the DJ's worked their socks off to give it a true "Acrross the board" mix with a bit everything for everyone - great job guys. :thumbsup:

As a new venue it seemed as if the punters were a bit "unsure" to begin with, and slow to get this rather large floor moving. Maybe being on unfamiliar turf, it took a little while to get the "buzz" going. But as the night progressed things certainly got going.

Chalky hit the room with some stunning stuff and was then followed by Baz M who never fails to please the floor.

Bob Hinsley up next with his wonderful instinct to present just what the floor wants, then Kev Murphy thumping out some class oldies kept the room rocking. And as if that was not enough, an awesome assault of sounds by Mr Dyson to keep the theme going through to later part of the evening, and a thorough rounding off to a very enjoyable night by the ever resourceful Robbo.

Overall - as a venue I think that this certainly has a lot to offer, and I suspect that Dave and Jimmy were very pleased with the response and the format. I suspect that the grapevine rumours of a repeat on an all-nighter basis could turn this little gem of a venue into connoisseur's delight. :lol:

I spoke to several people who said that they just loved the venue and enjoyed the music - so apart from maybe a few more people what more could anyone ask for? - Well done all involved! - Look forward to the next one. :lol:

yeh, Kev Murphy did a crackin' spot too. At one point I was spoilt for choice, I was trying to listen to Bob Hinsley in the northern room and Barry Maleady in the modern room. LOL. Sounds weird calling it a new venue, being the birthplace of North Manchester Soul Club before we moved down the road to Bury Town Hall. First time I'd heard Northern Soul there since we left it, bit weird but nice. Cant wait for the next one!. :(

Jayne.x.

Guest souldiva

Thanks for your comments, we really appreciate all the great feedback, bury is never one to be missed too. We are looking to have a nighter on, this month, will let you know when, glad you enjoyed it, there will be many more great nights to come Di And Dave

Edited by souldiva
Guest souldiva

Well what a great night and venue, certainly worth the three and half hour journey from Banbury, Really friendly welcome at the door always a good sign , venue wise brillant, large floor, good seating seperate bar,the modern room was just the right size, sound system spot on all night, l liked the big screen footage especially when one of the lads I came up with Tabs, was on it, Music wise we were not disappointed great dj line up they all played some cracking tunes and kept it going to to the last record , the dance floor was busy to the end, a excellent mix of music, 10/10 lads well done. yes I too popped in and out of the modern room every one looked to be having a good time in there also, a good buzz throughout the venue really, the people we met made us very welcome definately a venue to go back to or vist you won't be disappointed, thanks for a great night ,

Charlie Mc, Tabs, Tom H

BANBURY SOUL CLUB

Hi Guys thanks for your feedback, so glad you enjoyed it, we had a great time. Thats a long way to come and it is really appreciated. Hope to visit your club soon. There will be a nighter on this month, will let you know when, and we hope to cu there, thanks again for your support :lol: Dave and Di

Charlie Mc, Tabs, Tom H

BANBURY SOUL CLUB

Have to agree with Charlie on this.

Wasn't sure what to expect with Burnley and Orwell on but I wasn't disappointed.

A cracking night enjoyed by all.

Good mix of music covering all styles.

The screen footage was 30 years ago.

My god I did look young, and had hair. :lol:

Recommend this event to anyone.

Best to all.

Tabs

BANBURY SOUL CLUB

Guest soulsister

was really looking forward to this event and was not disappointed.

Superb venue nice big dance floor in main room loved the big screen,

popped into modern room once or twice but must admit this was only to go and have a nosey but those in there seemed to be having a good time.

Great atmosphere through out it was just a shame it had to finish at 4am.

It was also great meeting up with people that we only see now and again and also having a chat with so many other friendly soulies when we had to pop out for our nicotine fix, loved the whole night and will certainly go again :thumbup:

Source Advert