Lost Weekends

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

Seeing as it's Friday with the wind and rain trying to convince me that the sun will never shine again I've decided to ask fellow soul sourcers to be virtual djs and pick a record they would want to hear out at the weekend ?

I'll go for Bev & Del Capris - Mama I think I'm In Love - ahhhhhh - soothing

Ps This is just a blatant excuse , so that nice records will appear on my screen wave.gif

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

My play for this weekend is Odyssey - Battened Ships

link

Didn't know the track ! I've got "Our lives are shaped" which is fab

Social source share

My play for this weekend is Odyssey - Battened Ships

link

:rolleyes: Good choice Alison, x, a fav with some of my rare groove dj pals in Northampton,do you also like 'Don't Tell Me,Tell Her(It's Over)' by Odyssey?this is the title my rare groove pals have given me :huh::lol::lol: on the rare groove scene,they also to an extent practise the cover-up tecchie as northern soulies wave.gif:lol: Del x

Social source share

:rolleyes: Good choice Alison, x, a fav with some of my rare groove dj pals in Northampton,do you also like 'Don't Tell Me,Tell Her(It's Over)' by Odyssey?this is the title my rare groove pals have given me :huh::lol:   :lol:   on the rare groove scene,they also to an extent practise the cover-up tecchie as northern soulies wave.gif   :lol: Del x

link

Dont tell me tell her is a track from a Odyssey album (1980) so its not a C/U.

But I'm not sure if this is the same Odyssey. The Battened Ships track is from the early 70's off a Mowest LP - I don't know if its an earlier incarnation of the same group. Anyone ?

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Don't really matter what i hear at the weekend because come Monday i won't remember anything...Carl Willingham said he was gonna play the Crow tomorrow for me on his last night at New Century...That will do for me...A great great oldie that i remember from my earl days but dont hear out anymore...

link

Didnt know your were an EARL Steve ,

Were you the Duke of EARL ? wave.gif

Social source share

But I'm not sure if this is the same Odyssey. The Battened Ships track is from the early 70's off a Mowest LP - I don't know if its an earlier incarnation of the same group. Anyone ?

link

Very much doubt it Ali.

Paul

SITC

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

link

Completley different and better band - Wipe that sweat from your brow

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

:D Good choice Alison, x, a fav with some of my rare groove dj pals in Northampton,do you also like 'Don't Tell Me,Tell Her(It's Over)' by Odyssey?this is the title my rare groove pals have given me :):D   :)   on the rare groove scene,they also to an extent practise the cover-up tecchie as northern soulies :rolleyes:   :sweatingbullets: Del x

link

Del,

There is a rather wonderful version of this by a group called Perfect Taste ft Raishe Yoruba - It's over it's a UK thing from the 90's and very nice it is too more of a dancer than the Odyssey version as well :thumbsup::rolleyes:

John

Social source share

link

I know 'Our Lives Are Shaped' is not the Same Oddyssey as the 80's disco outfit.I haven't heard the Battened Ships track before.I love it. Is it hard??

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Is that you in the Avatar Karenb... :rolleyes:

Andy F......

link

I'm not up on my pop music but isnt it the lead singer from no doubt ?

Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ! :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Honestly don't know Pete - did a quick search on the net for you and only came up with the other outfit I'm afraid. Glad you enjoyed it though  :thumbsup:

link

This is an LP only track from the eponymous Odyssey LP on Mowest 115 from May 1972, strangely also released in the UK on Mowest LP 7002.

Paul

SITC

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!