Handbaggers

Guest andrew bin

Guest andrew bin

what is a definition of an Handbagger (i don't really like the term)

1) Does the soul scene have to rely on these Occasoinal Soulies

2) are they an annoying nuisance

3) do they make a refreshing change

............Andrew

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

............Andrew

link

My understanding of this phrase was that it was aimed at part time soulies if you like, certain people who wouldnt go to all niters but just go to 2am finishes -

Never really paid much attention !!

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

My understanding of this phrase was that it was aimed at part time soulies if you like, certain people who wouldnt go to all niters but just go to 2am finishes -

Never really paid much attention !!

link

i think i must have handbagger tendancies then, i like to be tucked up in bed early usually due to the over consumption of alcohol (which i will be doing a lot of at camp x ray next week) :rolleyes:

..............Andrew

Edited by andrew bin
Social source share

"A Derogatory Statement " I have seen, and understand the term to mean women (who aren't really soulies) that dance around their handbags.

Edited by Brett
Social source share

I believe a popular solution to such "lost souls" is to show them a forged "shoe iron" then try to drive it onto the bridge of the said miscreants nose.

Can't say i advocate such action, but it works for me. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

i think i must have handbagger tendancies then, i like to be tucked up in bed early usually due to the over consumption of alcohol (which i will be doing a lot of at camp x ray next week) :sweatingbullets:  

..............Andrew

link

Some of the best rare soul nights I attend are 2am finishes ... So by the law of averages I must be a handbagger - How refreshing :rolleyes:

I own a handbag but have no desire to dance around it unless I believed the handbag to have mythical power

(blimey what is this Im drinking :rolleyes: )

Social source share

............Andrew

link

My Chambers dictionary has no definition...but for Carpetbagger it says "noun, a pollitician seeking election in a placewhere he or she is a stranger" A handbag is also a noun, a woman's small bag, often with a strap for carrying, for money, make-up, etc.

So it could be defined as a small politician who is strapped for money who wants to make up.......

I hope this helps :rolleyes:

Social source share

............Andrew

link

1) The "handbaggers" are not "occasional soulies" in my opinion.... they are "those" that "latch onto the scene" through things like the KFC adverts or the "documentaries" like that one that had "Brighouse" in it.... they "come along" to see what it's like and walk about with "ale" on the dance floor, mainly males, or put their "handbags" (the term for you), mainly females ( :rolleyes::thumbsup::) ), on the floor and "dance" round them.... like "they all do normally" in any "joe bloggs" niteclub in the country....

In a "nutshell".... NOT SOULIES.... just people that "turn up" but haven't got a clue really....

2) Simply put.... YES !!!! :sweatingbullets: ....

3) Again.... simply put.... NO !!!! :rolleyes: ....

Social source share

I will tell you the definition of a handbagger is.I went to a certain soul nite in the east midlands baby dont you weep.Edward hamilton and the arabians came on and the dance floor emptied.no 160 top oldie of all time in mr roberts book.Does this tell you something?.there must have been 50 or 60 on the floor at the time. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

I will tell you the definition of a handbagger is.I went to a certain soul nite in the east midlands baby dont you weep.Edward hamilton and the arabians came on and the dance floor emptied.no 160 top oldie of all time in mr roberts book.Does this tell you something?.there must have been 50 or 60 on the floor at the time. :rolleyes:

link

would you be bringing the northern soul Quran in to question :sweatingbullets: you know what happened to Salman Rushtie :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!